Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Andrew wrote:The Sheamus/ADR feud has run its course. I'm not a big fan of ADR and don't feel that he's panned out as well as the company hoped, his two title runs weren't that impressive. He does draw heat, he's not terrible in the ring, but I don't think they built him up all that well as a main eventer.

i feel that way about Sheamus. he's friends with HHH and got that monster push to start his career. as a babyface, there's nothing really compelling about him when he "fella"s this guy or kicks someone's "arse". I like ADR a lot better. although his mic skills are lacking, the fact that he has is own ring announcer is hilarious, his sportscars are really cool to look at, and he's actually pretty good in the ring.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Cool cars and Ricardo's announcing (and bumping) aside, I find ADR fairly bland to be honest. His character reminds me a little too much of Ted Dibiase Sr and JBL, who I feel did it much better and in JBL's case, too recently.

That said, I do get where you're coming from in regards to Sheamus. I thought his original push to the top as a heel was too rushed; one minute he's squashing jobbers and Jerry Lawler (admittedly a legend who can still go, but past his prime and in terms of the current product not a dominant, main event character), the next he's winning the title from face of the company John Cena and in kind of a fluke fashion, to boot. I think they've built him up better since but he's still not quite where he needs to be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:15 pm

homicide1550 wrote:So I guess they have to find another opponent for Punk come Hell in a Cell. This leaves WWE in tough spot, the only face main eventer they have right now is Randy Orton. Or maybe Taker can come back and have a 1-month feud with Punk.

No not Orton. I like him back then but now it seems everyone he feuds with ends up being buried. He doesn't even put people over.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:22 am

Punk's supposedly got way more stroke than he does these days though, so I don't see him getting buried by Orton if they went that way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:52 am

Shaq on Impact (which has been noice so far)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby homicide1550 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Punk's supposedly got way more stroke than he does these days though, so I don't see him getting buried by Orton if they went that way.

Very much true! Orton lost much of his stroke after failing that second wellness test. He even lost cleanly to ADR on Smackdown when he came back.

In any case, I do think Punk will hold on to the WWE title up until the Royal Rumble. Why else would they make Punk use the rock bottom if he won't be the one facing Dwayne at The Rumble.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:58 pm

It definitely seems that they're building to that, which I'm in favour of. It gives the belt prestige with such a lengthy reign and the angle works, even with Rock being a part-timer. Punk's stock is certainly as high as it's ever been right now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Punk dropping the belt to the Rock, on the other hand, is a shit idea. And I doubt - if they do go with Rock vs Punk - there's any other way that's going down.

Followed, of course, by a two-month reign to completely undo the good from Punk holding it over a year, and handing it right back to Cena at 'Mania to lose every single fan they've gained since mid-2011.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:04 pm

If The Rock can clear his schedule for a couple of months and make more or less a brief full-time return to WWE, a shorter version of Chris Jericho's recent run, it wouldn't be so bad. Given who The Rock is and the fact that he can still put on a good match, it's not the worst thing that could ever be done with a major belt. It's not exactly WCW making David Arquette champion or The Great Khali getting a reign. I'm not sure he'll actually be able to do that with his movie career though, so unless they want a repeat of Hulk Hogan's reign in 1993, it'd be for the best if he loses at the Rumble.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:39 am

He'd be a semi-retired transitional champion. Transitioning to SuperCena. There is no way that will be watchable. And if anything other than that happens, I'll be bloody surprised.

There's also the fact that every time Rock has been on the mic since his return, I've hit fast-forward. It's just a mix of decades-old catchphrases, misogyny, and transphobia. It's not even uninteresting, it's offensive.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the fence, Jeff Hardy is more John Cena than John Cena is.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby homicide1550 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Loved the ending of last week's Smackdown! Kane & Daniel Bryan just kicked the other tag teams' butts.

And what's up with Slater, Mahal & McIntyre ganging up on Brodus? A new faction perhaps? (J.O.B. squad 2.0 :mrgreen:) I hope so but I doubt WWE will follow through with it.

JaoSming wrote:Shaq on Impact (which has been noice so far)

I guess Shaq really loves wrestling.

Anyway, I was wondering whatever happened to TNA's TV title which is held by D-Von. And after googling, it says that his contract has expired and has left TNA. It was just sometime ago that Hogan said that the TV title will be defended every week. I can't believe they allowed this to happen. Just goes to show how much they cared for that title. :roll:

KicksFix 2K12 2K13

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby homicide1550 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm

This week's RAW was solid. Mick Foley was there and Big Show also returned last night.

It looks like Ryback has been pushed to the upper mid card level after being stuck to demolishing jobbers every week. First, he defeated Miz cleanly in a non-title bout, then sorta rescued/protected Foley from a CM Punk beat down at the end of the show. Can't wait where WWE goes with this. Well, at least they'll have someone Punk can be busy with until Cena returns at Hell in a Cell.

KicksFix 2K12 2K13

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby JaoSming on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 am

homicide1550 wrote:Anyway, I was wondering whatever happened to TNA's TV title which is held by D-Von. And after googling, it says that his contract has expired and has left TNA. It was just sometime ago that Hogan said that the TV title will be defended every week. I can't believe they allowed this to happen. Just goes to show how much they cared for that title. :roll:

TNA issued a press release this afternoon announcing that TNA TV champion Devon was gone from the company after an "impasse" in contract negotiations.
On tomorrow's Impact Samoa Joe, Garett Bischoff, Magnus and Mr. Anderson will all try to become the new champion by convincing Hulk Hogan that they should be in the match to determine the new champion. Hogan will pick the two competitors and they will face off to determine the new TNA TV champion.

On the Devon front, TNA's press release noted, "TNA hopes that Devon returns to the active roster in the future."

http://pwinsider.com/article/72221/tna- ... e.html?p=1

That's a very nice 4th wall you have there......SMASH
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:44 am

It's a bit too soon to elevate Ryback to that level. He's not as over as he needs to be and he's pretty much untested/unproven outside of squash matches. If anyone can get a good match out of him it's a worker like Punk, but it feels like they're skipping a few too many steps here.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:49 am

but it could "prove" him though. Great match, sneaky finish again with Punk getting lucky. I think it's possible to get a guy over, or legitimize him, without a big win (see Ziggler)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:55 am

Absolutely, though Ziggler was built better early on and was much more over than Ryback currently is, with more "real" matches under his belt. Right now, Ryback is still getting the "Goldberg" chants and we haven't seen him booked in anything but squash matches.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Assorted videos of off-air segments from JR Appreciation Night:
http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/video ... atts-more/

Nice to see him not get absolutely humiliated in his hometown for once. Hopefully even after King is healthy enough to return, they'll keep JR on commentary.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 pm

ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A
phpBB [video]

Evidently Vince fired people in creative prior to Raw, then his solution is to put himself in the main event.....thanks Hogan II.

Didn't watch crap, hope they lose more ratings, but I really hope Punk doesn't get screwed over for attacking that fan.

Evidently the guy pushed him in the back of the head before the camera was on him, but still man, during an election?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby formx on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Damn that fan got smacked the hell out!

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Longer video of the incident (embedding has been disabled). Punk's supposedly got a lot of stroke backstage these days, but we'll see what happens after that. Potential PR nightmare.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Woah. He gave that fan a Bones Jones elbow!

EDIT: Also, that's an ugly shirt for Punk.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:11 am

Apparently there was a backstage blow up between Vince and a top star.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/262231- ... to-changes

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 am

phpBB [video]

as clear as you can see it
http://pwinsider.com/article/72512/fan- ... d.html?p=1
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 am

Mother Accuses Alberto Del Rio Of Bullying Her Son At Weekend Live Event

TMZ has a story online on Alberto Del Rio tearing a fan’s sign in half at a Smackdown live event in Anaheim last Saturday night. The mother of the fan, an 8-year-old child, is accusing Del Rio of being a bully and that her son immediately burst into tears and cried all the way home.

The woman, identified as Shelly Ehler, sent a letter to WWE over the incident and says Sheamus, who the sign was about, offered to send her child a signed photo.

Bit of an overreaction I'd say, that's classic heel shtick. As Richard points out in his reaction, the mother could've easily explained the situation to her kid without breaking the illusion.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Is the "Goldberg" chant still going on with RYYYBACK? Or is it replace by the "Feed Me More"?
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic