Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:17 am

Read a rumour today that it might actually be the end for Ziggler, and this is a way to write him off television. That'd be a shame, but hopefully it's a great match, if this is indeed the end.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Yes, and I think that's why this feud is compelling. I have read somewhere that Ziggler have already re-signed before this latest stretch of his feud with Miz. Ric Flair also believes that Ziggler is done. It's really hard to pick which outcome it's going to be.

There are reports that WWE has purchased TNA's name trademark and video library, while Billy Corgan is going to become the new majority owner will probably re-brand TNA into a new company. It's funny because I think Daniel Bryan mentioned twice already on Talking Smack that AJ Styles was a former TNA World Champion.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Wonder if they'll pick up any contracts, too.

I read that Dixie Carter is telling the talent she won't let the WWE sale happen, and so on and so forth. I don't think she has any credibility left at this point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:41 am

phpBB [video]

It's a Jim Cornette shoot, so it should go without saying, but NSFW language.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:10 am

:lol: at Mauro Ranallo's "their match was hotter than a Samsung Galaxy Note 7" line on Smackdown.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:57 am

That's got nothing on this call from last night - https://youtu.be/vOKkIpdClPg?t=67

Went to No Mercy, great time, nice arena the Kings have there. Crazy to compare AJ now to when I saw him in front of a couple hundred people in Vermont 3 years ago.

They didn't say anything in-arena about the main event going first or Becky's status, so that was a bit weird.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lean on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:43 am

When they announced that the triple threat would go first, I really believed that Dolph and Miz would go on last. Shame it really didn't go that way.

JaoSming wrote:That's got nothing on this call from last night - https://youtu.be/vOKkIpdClPg?t=67

FUCKING TOTALLY MISSED THAT! :lol:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 am

Great reference. :lol:

I thought No Mercy was a pretty solid show. The WWE World Championship match and the Intercontinental Championship match pretty much made the event.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:36 am

Hell in a Cell a pretty forgettable PPV overall. A bunch of throwaway matches, few, if any, real creative or exciting spots using the cell itself (the Owens powerbomb through the tables was a highlight). First time we've ever had a true Women's Main Event go on as the final match of a PPV? Sasha vs. Charlotte was definitely the best match, although the theatrics at the beginning were a bit much, and not necessary. Sasha would've been just as easy to sympathize with if they dragged her into the cell after the announce table spot and other pre-match fighting. The end of the match seemed abrupt, although I figure it was supposed to end after Sasha went through the propped up table, which she hit twice but didn't break. Unfortunate, but it didn't take too much away from the match itself, which was worked very well by both Charlotte and Sasha.

Really not a ton to look forward to at Survivor Series, really, at this point, either.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:04 am

Instead of watching hell in a cell last night I went to see the nxt show in Hollywood. We were 5 rows from the ring which was cool. Only better seat would've been the corner at the end of the aisle. Got to see kota ibushi who I'm guessing was a hideo replacement and Eric young filled in very well for Aries. It was glorious. Oh they also did 2 dusty Rhodes tag matches too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Look ma, I'm on TV!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:05 am

Former WWE Wrestler Big Van Vader Says He Has ‘Less Than 2 Years to Live’

Former WWE pro wrestler Big Van Vader announced that he has been given less than two years to live.

Vader, whose real name is Leon White, broke the news to fans on his official Twitter account late Monday night. “Told by 2 heart Drs at this time that my heart is wore out from football & wrestling I have 2 yrs to live , conjestive hesrt [sic] failure reality,” he wrote.

Damn.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:22 pm

#DIY-Revival for the NXT Tag Team Championships might be the match of the weekend. Awesome chemistry by both teams and fantastic sequences.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:01 pm

SAMOA JOE IS NOW A TWO-TIME NXT CHAMPION after a uranage to the steps and a Muscle Buster! Didn't like that Nakamura entrance at all.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:41 pm

BROCK DID THE JOB

"WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED WCW MONDAY NITRO"
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:49 pm

That was... interesting...
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Mega Match my ass. :lol:

NXT Tag Team Championship match from yesterday's Takeover > Survivor Series.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:32 pm

5-on-5 Men's RAW vs Smackdown Live match was pretty entertaining in my opinion. It pretty much made the show and the right people were protected and made to look strong. Some inconsistent booking though, DQs and countouts despite supposedly being no DQ and at other times not bothering to count while people were out of the ring. Nitpicking perhaps, especially because it was a really fun match in my view, but you can't help but think of those things.

Rest of the undercard, or at least what I saw, felt like a throwaway. Too many RAW victories, probably.

Brock/Goldberg...where to begin? I'll spoiler tag for those who want to catch the show first, and haven't had an opportunity to do so yet.

I don't actually dislike the fact that Lesnar lost. Frankly, the problem with Lesnar is that he's become too unbeatable, working the same match over and over again. Having him actually look beatable, and take a clean loss, is not a bad thing in and of itself. BUT...

But, that's kind of a lame way to do it, to say the least. When you think about it, it craps on every other worker, from a legend like Undertaker to people they're trying to establish as bona fide main eventers like Dean Ambrose, all of whom put Lesnar over and made him look unstoppable. The guy who broke Taker's streak just got squashed, by a part timer. Apparently Goldberg is going to work a few more matches, but still...what a way to waste the rub from Taker's legacy.

Again, I do think that Lesnar losing and losing clean is something that needed to happen to freshen him up and bring some intrigue back to his matches. But the execution was poor, and it hardly lives up to the billing of an epic dream match. I'm all for giving everything a chance and seeing where things go next, and I think the right man won, but I'm really iffy about the way it was done. Guess it is what it is, now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Same here. I'm okay with Goldberg going over, but I didn't like how it turned out after all the hype and marketing they did for this match.

I would have preferred the Cruiserweights be on Smackdown instead as it makes sense that the new 205 Live show is also on Tuesdays. And yeah, I think there were too many Raw wins.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Holy shit, what a monster concussion suffered by Shane.

Somebody paid a lot of money for what essentially was an expensive advertisement for 2K17. I hope they got all the pre-orders they wanted
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:48 pm

The game's been out a month, so it's a bit late for pre-orders.

And yeah, that was a hard bump by Shane, and a scary moment. He looked really out of it after that spot, and I don't think he was selling. Bit of a botch there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:22 am

I feel like we're in the midst of a several month stretch now where there just hasn't been much worth watching. Really hope as we approach Royal Rumble that things pick up in the stretch to WrestleMania, as is sometimes the case. Right now literally almost everything seems to meh. The storylines, the matches, the characters. It's bland. Pretty much since the brand split, if not before.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:12 am

I feel like there are some good ideas there, but they're either half-baked, or weird booking decisions have undermined them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Only reason I watch is for the Jericho and Owens segments
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:19 am

Goldberg's in the Rumble.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic