Help me out

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Help me out

Postby Eugene on Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:07 am

I'm going to be starting intramural basketball at my college. We have a solid squad already, and a better projected squad. As follows...

PG. Michio, Pop, Me
SG. Pop, Skip, Michio, Me
SF. Skip, Sam, Albert, Me
PF. Tony, Sam, Albert
C. Marcus, Tony

You saw many of the names repeated, myself included. Well, since it's only intramurals, many of us can run more than one position. That's the projected lineup. We don't know who'll start where or when. We have a couple more guys. Let me give you a little more info.

Michio -- the fastest son of a bitch I've ever seen. Has a sweet three pointer, and can beat anybody off the dribble. Anybody

Pop -- Iverson-like player. When his jumper's falling, he's near impossible to stop. Great handles and vision.

Me (Eugene) -- It's really difficult describing myself, but here goes... solid handles, passing. Deceptively quick off the dribble. Not a spot up shooter, but has a money pull up shot. Great passer off the penetration. Not as good pushing the fast break. Long arms, hard working defender. That's as honest as I'll get.

Skip -- would've made the varsity team, if they took freshmen this year. Great shot and range. Solid handles, passing, rebounding. Do it all player. Quick hands. Maybe the best player on the team.

Sam -- does everything solely based on effort. Hardest working player on the team. Wiry but strong. Excellent rebounder because of effort.

Albert -- Team goofball/whipping boy. Probably has the least skill out of all of us, but here's the kicker. He has size, he can run, he can hit the three. If he finishes on the passes, he'll be a great asset. If nothing else, he adds size.

Marcus -- Our biggest player. Very athletic. We need him to grab at least 8 boards a game. Pretty good handles if he stays within his limitations. Okay jumpshot. Great finisher. His real value is on the defensive end. I think he'll block any shot that comes his way. If we can get him to play the post exclusively, he'll be a great addition.

Tony -- does really add a whole lot... except on defense. Great footwork + coach's son = great defense. He can finish okay, but he can guard both forward spots and center. Besides, he's a great guy to be around.

Chris -- one of the two that wasn't in the lineup. I honestly don't think he brings anything to the table -- offensively or defensively. On the the team for buddy factor. He's an average player.

Juan -- the other one that wasn't in the lineup. I've never seen him play.

So, what's the motivation for this? Well, as the title suggests, I need a little help. You guys make great observations regarding teams in the NBA. So, what I need is some brainstorming from you guys. Offensive, defensive strategies, lineups. Offensive plays. Stuff like that.

Don't give me that crap about, just go and play hard. Do you really think we'll just go and walk up and down the court? Real insights. Not to offend anyone, but if you can't be very enlightening, don't bother wasting your time and posting.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. :D
The task of the artist is to translate for us the essence of things we take for granted.
Eugene

Re: Help me out

Postby TheBob on Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:52 pm

Eugene wrote:Don't give me that crap about, just go and play hard. Do you really think we'll just go and walk up and down the court? Real insights. Not to offend anyone, but if you can't be very enlightening, don't bother wasting your time and posting.

I think you scared most people off with this part....
TheBob

Return to Off-Topic