In need of some help....

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

In need of some help....

Postby Delta992 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:22 am

Hi Everyone,

im new to NLSC and i have seen some of the work the guys do here and its really Good, ive done some modding in the past but not for any basketball games. this might not be the right sub forum to post to and im sorry if i offend any of the moderators but i have a question for all the 3D modders, the guys that does the faces and stadiums, im working on an old EA game, Rugby 08 and because of the community at The Rugby Forum being so small there isnt much help there, i want to edit the ingame models and import new ones etc especially faces. i have seen some of the old threads where guys that modded some basketball games and that they have used OEdit to edit these models, the models for Rugby 08 and Cricket 07 is also usable in OEdit but i have no idea how to use it especially when it comes to the UV mapping, the Graphical part i can do but shaping those faces is a nightmare, i have done some research and came across FaceGen Modeller which is quite amazing but how to import and convert all of that is just too much. i dont know how to do it, i have tried talking to the guys at PlanetCricket but they arent very helpfull, i am willing to provide what i have if someone is willing to help me.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K18 by Andrew on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:11 am.
Delta992

Re: In need of some help....

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:14 am

Welcome! The NBA 2K18 section definitely wasn't the right place for this, so I've moved it.

A lot of the people who used that tool for NBA Live back in the day have moved on, so you might be out of luck in terms of personal guidance and advice. You might want to check some of the Tutorials subsections for NBA Live 2003-08, and these tutorials from the Downloads section:
JaoSming's Stadium & Court Tutorial
JaoSming's Backboards Tutorial
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic