Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:20 am

The official title for Episode VIII has been revealed.

We have the greatest fans in this or any other galaxy. In appreciation of the fans, we wanted them to be the first to know the title of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is scheduled for release December 15, 2017.

Maybe not the most original or creative title, but I'm not bothered by it. I enjoyed The Force Awakens, and Rogue One, so I'm looking forward to this as well. The way the years fly by these days, December 15th will probably be here before we know it, too.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Postby Lean on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:00 pm

I enjoyed TFA, too. I hope this time they don't bank on too much nostalgia, and I also hope Luke does not die.

At this point, one of the leads should lose a right hand. And would Luke piggyback on Rey for her Jedi training?
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping this isn't the end for Luke, too. It made sense to hit on some of the same story points as one of the themes of TFA was history repeating itself, and it didn't ruin the movie for me, but I agree they have to be careful about that moving forward.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:10 pm

What I do hope, though, is for the new canon ghost Anakin to appear in some degree to give Luke advice or whatever. Just to give the prequels a callback.

For the stand-alone movies, I'd like to see an Obi-Wan solo film with Ewan reprising the role.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Yeah, I think he has to have some presence or acknowledgement, beyond his charred Vader helmet in TFA.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:42 pm

i like the name myself i just hope that certain parts of the movie make more sense than they did in TFA. also i want better light saber fights
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:47 pm

Has to, surely. We should have more experienced people fighting with them this time around.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby debiler on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm really looking forward to what they're gonna do with Kylo Ren and in which direction they're gonna take him.
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby Sauru on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:31 am

debiler wrote:I'm really looking forward to what they're gonna do with Kylo Ren and in which direction they're gonna take him.

say he died off screen and bring in an interesting villain?
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:35 am

That's a bit harsh. I think it's a decent character choice, a misguided young man who's trying to be badass and evil, but he's not really a villain. Or maybe not; maybe, unlike his grandfather, he doesn't redeem himself, and does fully embrace the Dark Side and dies as a true bad guy in the end.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:08 am

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic