Trump 2016

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Do you support Trump's views?

No
70%
Yes
17%
Undecided
13%

Total votes : 30

Re: Trump 2016

Postby NovU on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:33 am

Now you see why Vancouver needs borders walled.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:05 am

With this semester's finals approaching I've been avoiding a lot of politic talk (distracting), but I recently heard Trump talk about John Kaisch eating, and how he takes a whole pancake in his mouth at once. I cracked up, my eyes were nearly shut closed with laughter-- I was driving, and heard it over the radio. :lol:
Cpt(K)

Postby [Q] on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:54 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:53 pm

benji

Postby benji on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:27 pm

phpBB [video]
benji

Postby benji on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Javier Virgen13 hours ago
I kinda wish they all started to makeout after they all got covered in cheetos.
benji

Postby benji on Wed May 04, 2016 3:27 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/43 ... old-you-so
Remember, You Asked for This
by KEVIN D. WILLIAMSON May 3, 2016 10:20 PM @KEVINNR
I want to leave a note here, because I expect to have many occasions to link back to it in the next several months.

Americans and Republicans, remember: You asked for this. Given the choice between a dozen solid conservatives and one Clinton-supporting con artist and game-show host, you chose the con artist. You chose him freely. Nobody made you do it.

I will be reminding you all of that, from time to time.
benji

Postby Axel on Thu May 05, 2016 7:47 am

benji wrote:http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/434906/pre-planning-my-i-told-you-so
Remember, You Asked for This
by KEVIN D. WILLIAMSON May 3, 2016 10:20 PM @KEVINNR
I want to leave a note here, because I expect to have many occasions to link back to it in the next several months.

Americans and Republicans, remember: You asked for this. Given the choice between a dozen solid conservatives and one Clinton-supporting con artist and game-show host, you chose the con artist. You chose him freely. Nobody made you do it.

I will be reminding you all of that, from time to time.

Get out of here with the National Review.
Axel

Postby [Q] on Thu May 05, 2016 2:27 pm

So he's outlasted everyone in the race of the "lesser of all evils". Not too many great choices to begin with.

Love Bernie's ideas and stance on most things, but Hilary's got the best chance at taking down The Donald so I have to root for her.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Thu May 05, 2016 2:45 pm

You probably want to first look at Hilary's career and track record.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Thu May 05, 2016 3:00 pm

NovU wrote:You probably want to first look at Hilary's career and track record.

That doesn't matter. This country's proven time and again that your name is the biggest asset (if you're not a newcomer) in an election

Trump
Schwarzenegger
W. Bush
Reagan
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bigh0rt on Fri May 06, 2016 5:51 am

At this moment it's a tremendous uphill climb for Trump to beat Hilary in the general election. You won't find a single unbiased poll that suggests otherwise. Currently Trump lacks the support (comparatively speaking) of just about every large group that generally supports the eventual Presidential winner. Now, of course you'll see reports that suggest quite the contrary coming from his camp, but again, that's the fun you can have when you manipulate numbers. However, that being said, don't be surprised if he runs a very, very good campaign and swings many voters his way. He continues to use the same techniques and just steamrolled every other Republican candidate. You don't know a single person who doesn't know Ted Cruz as "Lyin' Ted", but can't name a single thing he's ever lied about. As I said initially, I think it is going to be very interesting.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel on Sat May 07, 2016 4:18 am

bigh0rt wrote: You won't find a single unbiased poll that suggests otherwise.

Which ones are biased? The ones that don't support your assertion?

Currently Trump lacks the support (comparatively speaking) of just about every large group that generally supports the eventual Presidential winner.

Women? Blacks? Latinos? The same groups that never support Republicans?

You don't know a single person who doesn't know Ted Cruz as "Lyin' Ted", but can't name a single thing he's ever lied about. As I said initially, I think it is going to be very interesting.

Ben Carson dropping out of the race? Consistently misrepresenting his opponents views? His "forgetting" about the cushy loan from Goldman Sachs thanks to his wife?
Axel

Postby bigh0rt on Sat May 07, 2016 8:14 am

Axel wrote:
bigh0rt wrote: You won't find a single unbiased poll that suggests otherwise.

Which ones are biased? The ones that don't support your assertion?
I'd say anything that comes out of Trump or Clinton's individual camps would be largely biased, along with any blatant supporters of theirs, or polls conducted by individual news networks like MSNBC, CNN, or FOX News. I figured that was apparent and obvious, but the defensive approach is certainly another way to take my sentence... The Electoral Map is a very interesting thing, and often doesn't truly tell the tale of how an election goes. It's how we settle this thing, though, and I've yet to read a single news article that accurately paints a picture where Trump has anything other than a pretty good climb (currently; a ton can happen in six months) at the moment. Here's something from the New York Times just two days ago that suggests Donald would have to increase his polling margin by 10 points in each state to win. Of course that's one source only (here's one that has Trump leading in percentage points, but does not link to each state individually), but there's certainly a potential scenario where Trump wins the popular election but not the electoral map, if his popularity continues to soar among voters. It will also be interesting to see how many of the Sanders supports vote for Clinton, and how many of the Cruz/Kasich/etc. supporters vote for Trump. And if they don't, who they all ultimately vote for.

Axel wrote:
Currently Trump lacks the support (comparatively speaking) of just about every large group that generally supports the eventual Presidential winner.

Women? Blacks? Latinos? The same groups that never support Republicans?
This is just markedly untrue, based on everything I've come to understand about political races over the last few decades. The last Republican candidate to win the Presidency, George W. Bush, had strong support from all of the groups you mention, as I recall. A 5 second Google search tells me Bush took somewhere between 40-44% of the Latino vote in 2004, an even larger chunk than he took in 2000 (34%), and was a large reason for his victory. I'll leave the other two at my own speculation, and could definitely be wrong, but I'd bet not. In fact, and I certainly don't have the data to back it up, but I would imagine that every single Presidential winner in the last 30+ years, maybe substantially longer than that, has had at least a solid percentage of votes from these groups. Some of the largest expanding groups in the United States over that time period. You're welcome to pretend that their support is an afterthought in the race to the White House, though. I assure you Donald isn't. Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen him eating a taco bowl yesterday with the caption "I love Latinos!"; or had to have listened to Clinton say she puts hot sauce on everything (gut wrenching to even recall that garbage). Pandering is fun stuff. Both these know they need these voters in order to win. This isn't high level thinking here. It's not as easy as saying "We don't need no stinkin women, blacks, or latinos!!" You kind of do. It's a big reason why we didn't have President McCain or President Romney, and why we did have President George W. Bush.

Axel wrote:
You don't know a single person who doesn't know Ted Cruz as "Lyin' Ted", but can't name a single thing he's ever lied about. As I said initially, I think it is going to be very interesting.

Ben Carson dropping out of the race? Consistently misrepresenting his opponents views? His "forgetting" about the cushy loan from Goldman Sachs thanks to his wife?
95+% of the voting public would not have been able to name any of those things, if polled. Also, 75% of statistics are made up right on the spot, just like the last two I just used. I'd like to think you get the point here. I was actually complimenting Trump on how he has campaigned, and how it's been wildly successful with the name calling and branding, repetition, etc. It, while being laughable (and Clinton has been no better, albeit, while taking a different approach, but still unbearable to stomach), has been (obviously) incredibly effective, as he has, as I previously stated, steamrolled his competition thus far. Whether that's a product entirely of how well he's campaigned, the complete lack of competent competition, or some combination of the two, is uncertain. I'd hate to have you think I was being critical of your homey, though. I'm interested to see how the strategy holds up in the general election, though. We've got our name: Crooked Hilary, which should stick, and is largely deserving (looming indictment potential, and how she's slapped in the face with that should be must watch television, both in actuality and in parody). Will America latch on to it and carry him to the White House? Will they look passed (past?) it? I'm interested.

Here's another fun, and probably meaningless, yet still fun graph. These are the two least likable candidates we've seen in 35 years. It's Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich. Pretending that we'll truly be lucky to have either of these assholes in the White House is worth having a big laugh at. The fact that this is the best we can come up with is a shame. One of Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton is really going to be the next President of the United States. What a sentence.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 pm

phpBB [video]
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Fri May 20, 2016 6:52 am

Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson has chosen former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld as his running mate,

Billionaire businessman and philanthropist David Koch has pledged “tens of millions of dollars” to help bankroll the campaign of Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson, according to a source within Johnson’s campaign.
But after publication, the spokesman told TheDC: “Reports that David Koch has pledged his support to Gary Johnson – or any candidate running for president for that matter – are untrue.”

Despite that denial, a source with a leadership position in the Libertarian Party told The Daily Caller Thursday afternoon that Johnson’s on track to receive the billionaire’s support.

“In the event that a Johnson/[Bill] Weld ticket emerges from the convention, a pathway is in place for significant funding from Koch, [Steve] Wynn and other large donors,” the source said.

:bowdown: Greatest VP pick in history, The Party's sugar daddy is back home, 1% here we come. :bowdown2:
benji

Postby benji on Fri May 20, 2016 6:52 am

benji

Postby benji on Mon May 30, 2016 1:19 pm

benji

Postby Axel on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:23 am

Republican establishment has taken over the Libertarian Party.
Axel

Postby bowdown on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Trump is disgusting. His protesters are full of hate. I dont like Bernie or Hillary but Trump in power can be downright destructive.
bowdown

Postby Axel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:44 am

bowdown wrote:Trump is disgusting. His protesters are full of hate. I dont like Bernie or Hillary but Trump in power can be downright destructive.

No, your ignorance is disgusting.

"His protesters"

Did you happen to miss all the video of Trump supporters being egged and straight up assaulted?

phpBB [video]

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06 ... ose-rally/

http://video.foxnews.com/v/492601013100 ... show-clips

Get your facts straight. The violence is coming from the left. It's not at all surprising that the most egregious violence is coming from California.
Axel

Postby bowdown on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:52 am

A lot of these left wing attackers are thugs and low lives I never argued against that. My initial statement still stands.
bowdown

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 am

this argument is pointless. there are idiots and whackos on both sides.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:03 pm

The Dream is Dead:
I’m Not Running for President

by DAVID FRENCH

I’m not the right person to challenge Trump and Hillary, but the path remains open for others.

Here is a sentence I never thought I’d type: After days of prayer, reflection, and serious study of the possibilities, I am not going to run as an independent candidate for president of the United States.

I gave it serious thought — as a pretty darn obscure lawyer, writer, and veteran — only because we live in historic times. Never before have both parties failed so spectacularly, producing two dishonest, deceitful candidates who should be disqualified from running for town council, much less leader of the free world.

Hillary Clinton lies habitually and changes position on virtually every public issue except for her pro-abortion extremism, and she has a suspicious record of making public decisions that favor donors to the Clinton Foundation. Her signal foreign-policy “achievement” was helping launch a war in Libya that not only cost American lives in Benghazi but also helped transform the nation into ISIS’s latest playpen.

To add to all that, she’s in the middle of an active FBI investigation. If I had handled classified information the way we know she handled classified information, my career would already be over, and the single goal of my life would be persuading the prosecutor to reach a lenient plea bargain.

Donald Trump also lies habitually (sometimes minute by minute), and changes position based on his moods. In one breath he claims to support working men and women, and then with the next breath he threatens to destroy our economy through trade wars or by playing games with the full faith and credit of the United States. He believes an American judge — a man born in Indiana who spent months hiding from drug cartels after they’d put a “hit” on him – can’t rule on a case involving Trump University because the judge’s parents emigrated from Mexico.

His supporters believe it demonstrates “strength” when he mocks the disabled and bullies women. He has attracted an online racist following that viciously attacks his opponents and their families — including my wife and youngest daughter.

Given this reality, it would be tempting to say that when it comes to confronting this national moment, “somebody” stepping up is better than nobody. But somebody is not always better than nobody. I’m on record saying that Mitt Romney could win. I believe others could run and win, and would make excellent presidents. Indeed, the path is there. I spent the last several days with some of the best minds in politics.

I learned that the ballot-access challenge can be met with modest effort (by an existing network ready to activate), that the polling for a true outsider independent was better than most people know, and that there are many, many Americans — including outstanding political talents — who are willing to quit their jobs — today — to help provide the American people with an alternative.

I believe with all my heart that there is an American movement ready to both resist the corruption, decadence, and dishonesty of the American elite and restore the promise of the American Dream. But that movement may not emerge for some time, and it might emerge only after further heartache and pain.

Let me also say that each person involved in the effort to recruit an independent candidate is a patriot. They are standing strong on principle when the GOP leadership — in lockstep — now marches to Trump’s beat. I admired them before this process began, and I admire them more even now.

And the fight is not over. Men such as my friend and colleague, Boston filmmaker and philanthropist John Kingston, stand ready to continue the effort — with substantial resources behind them. But we live in a time when patriots are mocked and demagogues celebrated. Even good men have reduced themselves to excusing the inexcusable and defending the indefensible.

To those who prayed for me and my family, I’m grateful beyond words. To those who defended my wife and kids from vicious attacks — engaging in a fight you didn’t seek — I’m forever in your debt. To those I’ve disappointed, I’m sorry. It is your devotion and integrity that help keep America great, and I believe you will ultimately prevail.
benji

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:52 am

Axel wrote:
bowdown wrote:No, your ignorance is disgusting.

Get your facts straight. The violence is coming from the left. It's not at all surprising that the most egregious violence is coming from California.

"The" violence? Like, all of it? What a statement. To pretend as if there's a group of innocents here, and that they're representative of an entire 'side' or party. This is lowest common denominator rationalization.

The silliest thing is to pretend this isn't happening on both sides. It's disgusting on both sides. A lot of the sentiment is good, and solid, and reasonable on both sides. But unfortunately, it isn't the best and brightest that are often taking to the streets on both sides. I saw many protesters, in person, both at Trump's rally at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, NY, and at Bernie Sanders', at Marist College; of which I attended both, to take in the scene, see what it was all about, etc. They're idiots. Both sides. I promise. One group's idiots are in no way superior to the other groups' idiots. They're equally ignorant and repulsive, shouting rhetorical nonsense that makes no sense. Yup, both sides. The thought that only one of them are is a large, sadly laughable part of the problem. "It's them, not us." Please. Unfortunately, instead of using protest as a means for actually urging change and highlighting issues, those protesting generally seem to be only wanting to incite incident/riff raff for the sake of it, and try to get in the next featured YouTube video that catches on. Trump supporters. Hillary supporters. Sanders supporters. There's violent, dangerous idiots among each camp, and they're out in full. The individual media outlets report whichever one supports their stance, and the others are just conveniently not reported. This happens on both sides. The violence is coming from everywhere, I assure you. I witnessed it, first hand. Watching only the media outlets who point at the other side, and plugging your ears about your own side of the aisle doesn't change that. You can't really think that it's a one sided thing, right? That's dangerous and divisive, at best.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic