Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Pre-ordered it from GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/day_of_the_tentacle_remastered

Anyone else a fan of LucasArts adventure games from the 80s/90s? DOTT is one of my all-time favourites, so when I saw they were remastering it - as they did with Monkey Island 1 and 2, and Grim Fandango - I knew I'd be picking it up.

It's kind of hard to explain the appeal of those games to anyone who isn't a fan of them. After all, there's no action-packed gameplay, and unless you're particularly good at working out some of the more obscure puzzles (or using a walkthrough), you can spend a lot of time stuck in a certain area. Aside from the satisfaction of solving the puzzles and advancing in the story though, the appeal is definitely the story itself. The writing and the humour were the strongest parts of all those adventure games that came along in the 80s and 90s. Hopefully, Sam & Max is next, though I did enjoy Telltale's games.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic