Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby el badman on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:17 am

jenz wrote:el badman, what mods would you recommend for Skyrim?

I have half a billion installed so it's hard to keep track, but basically if you go to the Skyrim Nexus website and search for the most endorsed mods of all time, well I got pretty much all of those...Just on top of my head: Real Lighting Overhaul, WATER, Blood Enhancement, Sounds of Skyrim, Adjusted Race Heights, Immersive Armors, Immersive Weapons, SkyUI, Quality World Map, ApachiiSkyHair, Static Mesh Improvement, Cloaks of Skyrim, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, JaySuS Swords, Better Females, Wet and Cold, Footprints, Better Dynamic Snow, KenMOD, etc...
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Cpt(K) on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 am

I wonder what the "mod number" limit for Skyrim is, I believe Oblivions was around 255?
Cpt(K)

Postby Lean on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:44 pm

jenz wrote:How about in terms of visuals and lighting? Thanks btw. :)

ENB mods? I forgot which one I used, but it's light on the resources. Take badman's advice too. I fully recommend SkyUI as well. (Y)
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby jenz on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Thank you both. The SkyUI is just :shock: as I saw some screenshots. I bet it would greatly improve my experience with the Game. I really like it.
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby ixcuincle on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Marvel Heroes came out on Steam Tuesday. Seems pretty cool. I'm downloading it now and we'll see how it goes.

It's free to play, but it's one of those microtransaction games where you pay up for more costumes, characters, and stuff.
ixcuincle

Postby deihatein on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:24 pm

The Walking Dead: The Game on the PC. Just finished the first episode and it haunts me of the choices that I have made so far in the game. Great game.

Also playing Catherine, Tekken 6 and a Naruto game in the PS3. All good stuff.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby el badman on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:27 am

The Walking Dead game is fantastic indeed. About to do my second playthrough with it.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:12 am

I need to update my association but I've been finally playing through Saint's Row 2. As bad as the graphics are (lol at having to sit in a driver's corpse if you steal a car from a dead guy), the game is a lot of fun - reminds me of the PS2 GTA's but even crazier.
Lamrock

Postby el badman on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:38 am

Finally finished Far Cry 3 and my second playthrough of The Walking Dead (with the DLC), so I'm only now starting Sleeping Dogs. I had played the demo so I knew it was fairly good, but what's up with no full keyboard remapping option and no FOV slider on PC? Getting tired of console ports...
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby kevin02 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Skyrim (lots of mods)

Civilization 5

Chivalry Medieval Warfare
kevin02

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:47 am

I recently went dusting around my desk and rediscovered my old stash of PC games, amongst them are:

Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2 the complete collection, and Medal of Honor PA
Mount & Blade including Warband
C & C Generals with Zero Hour
Conflict GLobal Terror, Denied Ops, and Desert Storm 2
Flatout
Halo 1 and 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
AOE 3
Combat Mission Shock Force (CMSF)
Top Gun Fire at will, and one of the later failed games.
NBA Live 08, 05, and 03
NBA 2k11
UFO Aftermath, Aftershock, and Afterlight
NFS Carbon
The Seven Kingdoms AA & 2, along with the horrible conquest failure.
Assassins Creed
Madden NFL 2003

And more...

I just reinstalled Madden NFL 2003, I am curious if there is a site that exists that has any mods for it? There's this site, and others for the Live games so I figured as much there could be some for madden games.
Cpt(K)

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:29 pm

there was football freaks, but I think its dead
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby deihatein on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:29 pm

I just finished God of War 3 today. Took me a long time to finish just to get a unsatisfying ending. The final battle wasn't as epic as it was in the last two games. I still enjoyed it though.

I have been hearing a lot of bad things about Ascension so I don't know when will I get to that but I just bought Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction and Disgaea 3 so fuck that.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Xbox 360:
Red dead redemption(there is just so much to do it's like a crack can't get of it :crazy:)
NBA 2k7 (still it is a great game gameplay wise, even with the outdated graphics, love to edit rosters creating a players in their prime)
PC:
Splinter cell chaos theory (co-op is so great, can't get enough of it)
P.S: Once i'l get my hands one PS3 it will be Uncharted and other PS3 exclusives all the way :cheeky:
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby Cpt(K) on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:34 am

Hmm, I myself recently have acquired Uncharted 3, Tekken 6, Lego Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones 2. Tekken Tag 2, Dark Souls 2 and perhaps another rpg are on my to get list; why oh why does Dark Souls 2 have to come out in March next year..
Cpt(K)

Postby el badman on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:14 am

Started playing The Swapper and is a fantastic '2.5D' indie game. For those who love Portal and similar puzzle games, I would highly recommend it.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:44 am

In anticipation of GTA V, I've been playing a bit of San Andreas (PC).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:43 am

i got like 10 games now to play thanks to steam. they should hold me until gta5
Sauru

Postby kevin02 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:18 pm

I just bought a bunch of games on Steam but currently I'm playing through the Last of Us. I didn't think it would live up to the hype but I'm 75% of the way through so far and it's pretty awesome.
kevin02

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:43 am

Yeah, I just played through The Last Of Us too. It was a very good game - beautiful graphics, intense gameplay and a solid storyline. Wasn't a huge fan of the ending but it worked.
Lamrock

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:56 am

Lamrock wrote:Yeah, I just played through The Last Of Us too. It was a very good game - beautiful graphics, intense gameplay and a solid storyline. Wasn't a huge fan of the ending but it worked.

I remember you saying Uncharted 3 being a horrible game and I agreed. Do you recommend this game though, for people who didn't enjoy UC series that much?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby kevin02 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 am

NovU wrote:
Lamrock wrote:Yeah, I just played through The Last Of Us too. It was a very good game - beautiful graphics, intense gameplay and a solid storyline. Wasn't a huge fan of the ending but it worked.

I remember you saying Uncharted 3 being a horrible game and I agreed. Do you recommend this game though, for people who didn't enjoy UC series that much?

I did enjoy the Uncharted series as well as this game; however, The Last of Us has a completely different feel to it and focuses more on survival and stealth than running and gunning like in Uncharted. I admit Uncharted 3 seemed a little over the top and was by far the weakest game in the series but the games have very little in common aside from graphics, and The Last of Us is certainly worth playing. Honestly, this game is for sure one of the better games I have ever played so I would highly recommend it regardless of your thoughts on previous games by Naughty Dog.

To respond to Lamrock on the ending...
I actually really liked the ending. Although Joel was distant at the start it only makes sense that he became very attached to Ellie after she saved his life. You could clearly see towards the end that he was treating her more and more like his own daughter so I enjoyed at the end how he slightly lost it. I thought they presented the scene where you "rescue" Ellie really well and I actually got caught up in the moment and shot all three of the doctors even though it really wasn't necessary.
kevin02

Postby homicide1550 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:14 am

Just started playing GTA IV with some Dota 2 on the side. Haven't really touched NBA 2K13 in a while.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Lean on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Okay I finally opted to get Hitman: Absolution just for the sake of getting the hands on all of the Hitman games (except Codename: 47).

I agree with Q about the game being linear. A lot of the basic elements from the previous games were revamped to somehow make it an easier game. It basically tells you where to go. And I hate it how they make a mission and turn it into several segments. :| The score at the top distracts me too.

What I like though is how other characters see through your disguise. Somehow it sucks for people to still recognize you even if you have a full suit on with a mask to go with it, and how the game somehow requires you to use that cheat of a feature called Instinct just to pass by other characters without blowing your disguise.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

seriously WTF how can you see through a disguise with a mask??? instinct feature is stupid. it's basically x-ray vision and psychic abilities. the previous versions allowed you to see enemies on the map, but harder levels took that away for a challenge. but you still had to watch them on the map to predict where they would walk to. lean is right about the way they dumbed down the game so they took some of the strategy and guess work out of it. the map was perhaps the biggest feature taken away as i found myself exploring and walking into rooms that my costume didn't allow me to go.

and splitting a level into segments is lame. one mission i had all the cops chasing me as i run to the door to escape into a building. i hit the door and BOOM cutscene and then i'm inside the building and somehow i evaded the cops by going into the door. plus the chinatown level was the only hitman style level where you had to go in, kill the target, and escape. the rest of the missions were essentially action/adventure type game levels like Uncharted or similar games.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic