Reconstructing Jordan's Bulls in NBA Live 2002

Talk about our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live content here.

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:40 am

Even though it's definitely not the pinnacle of the series, NBA Live 2002 is a game that I find myself thinking about and returning to every now and again. As I've mentioned before, it's a game that I'm oddly nostalgic for, in large part because of a memorable Sacramento Kings Franchise that I finally gained closure on years later. Of course, I also had a less successful Franchise experience with the Utah Jazz, in which things got a little too wacky. As I previously remarked, if I wanted to shake things up and do something a little unusual, it might've been more fun to try to reconstruct Michael Jordan's championship-winning Chicago Bulls.

It's not too late to explore that idea, though. Just as I recreated my Kings Franchise to finish it off all these years later, I thought that it'd be fun to attempt to reconstruct the core of the Jordan-led Bulls teams. Not all of the key players from those squads are still active in NBA Live 2002, but more than a couple are available to acquire. Can it be done? Let's take a look back...way back...
This topic was moved from 25th Anniversary of NBA Live by Andrew on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 pm.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Reconstructing Jordan's Bulls in NBA Live 2002

Postby Winsanity7 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Andrew wrote:Reconstructing Jordan's Bulls in NBA Live 2002

[ Image ]

Even though it's definitely not the pinnacle of the series, NBA Live 2002 is a game that I find myself thinking about and returning to every now and again. As I've mentioned before, it's a game that I'm oddly nostalgic for, in large part because of a memorable Sacramento Kings Franchise that I finally gained closure on years later. Of course, I also had a less successful Franchise experience with the Utah Jazz, in which things got a little too wacky. As I previously remarked, if I wanted to shake things up and do something a little unusual, it might've been more fun to try to reconstruct Michael Jordan's championship-winning Chicago Bulls.

It's not too late to explore that idea, though. Just as I recreated my Kings Franchise to finish it off all these years later, I thought that it'd be fun to attempt to reconstruct the core of the Jordan-led Bulls teams. Not all of the key players from those squads are still active in NBA Live 2002, but more than a couple are available to acquire. Can it be done? Let's take a look back...way back...
As I know, NBA Live 2002 is solely played on PS2 not released on PC. What I'm curious is which generation do you choose to recruit on? :wink:
贾森の王
--"the King of Wisdom"
Winsanity7

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:25 pm

It was released for PS2 and the original Xbox. I have it on PS2.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Winsanity7 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:49 pm

So do you have ways to reconstruct MJ23 playing in PS2 console?
This make me crazy,sir! :wink:
贾森の王
--"the King of Wisdom"
Winsanity7

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:46 pm

The article linked in the first post is about my efforts to do just that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Opensky on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:04 am

My favorite live ever, it was the golden age then....
Opensky

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:57 am

I think people do forget that at its peak, NBA Live was doing some great things. Was it perfect? No, but it was the standard for quite some time, and held its own in the early years going up against NBA 2K.

NBA Live 2002 isn't up there as one of my all-time personal favourites, but I do like it and am nostalgic for it all the same. Now that I'm doing the 25th Anniversary content, I'll be revisiting it again in the not too distant future.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:31 pm

well, the all-star weekend inclusion for 2005 was so amazing for the time. all the 4 new modes delivered well.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:54 am

It was indeed, though that doesn't have much to do with reconstructing MJ's Bulls in NBA Live 2002. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 20th Anniversary of NBA Live