NLSC Live '16 (Fantasy Basketball)

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: NLSC Live '16 (Fantasy Basketball)

Postby NovU on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:13 am

I wanna finish the season without player I drafted on my roster. Just for the lulz sake and personal achievement. It'd be my 2 consecutive year to do so. :lol:

Btw I'm surprised that not many people(other than me) are making moves this year because last season we had transactions flying nearly everyday.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:22 am

Blake Griffin will return from his injury next week and he is up for a trade if anyone wants to "fly" a transaction
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kevin on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:19 am

NovU, it's because you cheap fucks wont accept my trades. :cry:

Please take Wiggins and Jackson off my hands for anyone willing for a trade.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:37 pm

I'll take Wiggins off your hands
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:20 am

I didn't realize there were games this afternoon and totally forgot to set my lineup
Axel

Postby NovU on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:31 pm

I was hoping to win big this week before I go onto face juggernauts for remaining schedule but Parsons came back to bite me. 6-5 it is.

6 weeks to go and 5 opponents are these powerhouses:

Average Joes
Geezer's Butlers
Los Toros
Atomic Radish's Team
Team Seven

Thank goodness though I also play KOBE4MVP. You're my oasis. If I somehow split .500 against above teams and rape KOBE4MVP, I think I'll make the playoffs. Fingers crossed. Watch out!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm

My first and fourth pick are injured this week. You could easily get something around the .500% field vs. me.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kevin on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 pm

NovU, screw you. Auto-draft fucked my team up so bad.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Moz on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:53 pm

Of all the trades I did it seems that the only positive one is the last one every fucking deal I made fucked me up bigtime :lol: Jesus Christ 4 teams in the top 10 for the last 6 weeks... I hope Martin and Mozgov will be starters on those teams that they'll be traded...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Axel on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:03 am

I seriously strongly dislike the weekly format. So I can still edit my roster, but I can't bring Alex Len off the IL even though I just dropped two players? WTF? So now I have to play with two empty spots on my roster.

Annoying as fuck. It also makes streaming very difficult, which would be fun since this league is so deep.
Axel

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:52 am

I second that
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Axel wrote:I seriously strongly dislike the weekly format. So I can still edit my roster, but I can't bring Alex Len off the IL even though I just dropped two players? WTF? So now I have to play with two empty spots on my roster.

Annoying as fuck. It also makes streaming very difficult, which would be fun since this league is so deep.

Yeah you basically have to set it up the week before or at least on Friday/Saturday when you have an idea of who's going to be playing the next week. Weekly format prevents the add/drop-fest that happens when people try to pick up extra games during the week
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:00 am

both formats have their +/-'s

just do fan duel or draft kings if you don't like the settings. instant gratification

espn's default setting for daily lineup leagues does have a limit of add/drops per week. i'm assuming the amount can be edited. just sharing the information ;)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:04 am

Blake Griffin did what ? :|
I Hate Mondays

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:29 am

I hate Mondays wrote:Blake Griffin did what ? :|

Tough break for you.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Axel on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:11 am

Most of the guys available on the waiver have short term value only. Weekly format intentionally makes it more difficult to speculatively pick up players. The problem is, when you pick up a Toney Douglas or Salah Mejri, it's nothing but a speculation. When we're picking up rookies and D Leaguers, its a speculation. It doesn't make sense (to me) to hamstring GM's with weekly lineups when our league is so deep.

Not exactly relating to our league but an aside about weekly leagues. They are also frustrating because you're even more dependent on injury news. A player may be listed as probable on Sunday, and by Monday he's been ruled out for the entire week. This happened to my opponent (formx) in the Alt league with Brandon Knight. The injury reports are about as accurate as the weather forecast, and we only have the information the team wants us to have.

I don't want a daily league like fan duel. Just the ability to set my lineup when unforeseeable events take place, and to plug and play my guys as I see fit. I find it fun to adjust my lineup throughout the week based on game-to-game performance.
Axel

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:46 am

Yeah I wind up doing that too, adjusting my lineup (for next week) during the week.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:05 am

I agree with you, axel. Those are a few drawbacks for the current format.

Accuracy of injury reports stinks nowadays. Some teams are more forthcoming than others

Weekly vs daily? You can argue the merits of both

I suggested fan duel to you or anyone else for that matter because of the money factor and straight forward rules
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:35 pm

grin suggested something interesting last year so FA doesn't have to be owned by handful of people. Instead we could go BID BID BID! I wonder if it's feasible because it could make battlefield a little more fair place.

Axel wrote:I don't want a daily league like fan duel. Just the ability to set my lineup when unforeseeable events take place, and to plug and play my guys as I see fit. I find it fun to adjust my lineup throughout the week based on game-to-game performance.

Is that even possible unless we turn this league into a daily league which probably makes it worse for most of guys including jao who aren't active as much.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Axel on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 am

NovU wrote:grin suggested something interesting last year so FA doesn't have to be owned by handful of people. Instead we could go BID BID BID! I wonder if it's feasible because it could make battlefield a little more fair place.

Axel wrote:I don't want a daily league like fan duel. Just the ability to set my lineup when unforeseeable events take place, and to plug and play my guys as I see fit. I find it fun to adjust my lineup throughout the week based on game-to-game performance.

Is that even possible unless we turn this league into a daily league which probably makes it worse for most of guys including jao who aren't active as much.

Well, its obvious the FA is once again owned by a handful of people. Our league is pretty active, there's been almost 30 transactions in the last week alone. But the 3 division leaders have made almost 150 moves between themselves, which is more than everyone else combined by a lot.

Most of the guys on the waiver wire are streamers. They don't have long term value, and might be lucky to spot start for a couple of games. Moreover most of the guys on the wire will lose their short term value by the time you can plug them in the following week. Having a bid system could help with a more even distribution of FA's I suppose. I work evenings, so by the time I get out of work all the east coast games are over, and if there's anyone to pick up, they're already gone.

I'm not really sure how daily settings hurt less active players. By default, less active players are at a disadvantage no matter what format you use. Your daily lineup can be set a week in advance, so if you aren't even logging in once a week what's the point?

Anyhow, not trying to bitch, just want to make this as fun as possible. The only reason I'm even doing this is to have more reason to be active here on the forums again.
Axel

Postby air gordon on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:32 am

kudos to those guys making all the moves. isn't there a waiver process for free agents??? commish?

i agree a bidding system would make the FA process fair for everyone. my work schedule can vary so it is annoying to check a box score only to see he was already picked up

for me, the weekly format is easier to manage and most importantly takes less time. this is a league for nlsc forum users. no money at stake. i like being able to see the schedule for the week of my players, plug in the lineup, and that's it.

some people in the league have more time to devote to it. god bless them
Jump.
air gordon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:37 am

so it is annoying to check a box score only to see he was already picked up

+1. This is very annoying, as my timezone allows me to wake up hours after most game have ended. It is too late for me everytime. The only FA players which turned up to be a real succes for me where the ones I had randomly picked weeks before their breakout.
I Hate Mondays

Postby NovU on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:53 am

Since everyone's unhappy how things are dealt in free agency. I hope for Q to address the issue and look at the options.

Where is shadowgrin when you need him?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby airBerlin on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:54 am

The only complaint I have is when someone picks a player (or players) up and then drops them immediately after. This is especially annoying when they do it around the end of the week, pretty much leaving a handful of players as FA, but unavailable for the following week. I feel like if you pick up a player, you should be forced to keep them for certain amount of days. Or limit the amount of moves per week.
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 am

airBerlin wrote:The only complaint I have is when someone picks a player (or players) up and then drops them immediately after. This is especially annoying when they do it around the end of the week, pretty much leaving a handful of players as FA, but unavailable for the following week. I feel like if you pick up a player, you should be forced to keep them for certain amount of days. Or limit the amount of moves per week.

Sorry, I do that from time to time. But it seems that if you immediatly drop a player after you claimed him in that specific week, you don't need a waiver claim. They become FA from the start
I Hate Mondays

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball