Toronto Raptors Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Toronto Raptors Thread

Postby JAWSFreelao on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:17 am

So I guess I'll kick this off with a bang. There's been a new sighting of the Toronto Raptors' new logo.
:D Just kidding. But what would you like to see from their new rebranding that's supposedly coming next year?
Follow Me On Twitter: https://twitter.com/jaws2k
JAWSFreelao

Re: Toronto Raptors Thread

Postby Lamrock on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Go back to the black/purple dinosaur look!
Lamrock

Postby JAWSFreelao on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:38 pm

^Agreed. The dinosaurs are the shit and those are by far the best jerseys they've ever worn.
JAWSFreelao

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 pm

I liked that look, too.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:46 pm

I didn't. Never liked Van/Tor logos and jerseys.

Basketball never been a mainstream sports in my city, and people just didn't wear much of those stuff casually(contrast to hockey canucks wears). And those clothing with Bear and Dinosaur looked like something elementary kids would be comfortable wearing, not adults, especially in a city where a lot of people didn't recognize NBA logos. Just looked out of place and silly, cmon cute bear and dinosaur?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby JAWSFreelao on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:14 am

[quote="NovU"} cmon cute bear and dinosaur?[/quote]
Propose an alternative? I'd like to hear your thoughts.
JAWSFreelao

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:14 pm

I dunno. But I liked old Jazz arts and also the Pacers.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby JAWSFreelao on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:10 pm

Even though the Jazz's name makes no seense and it should be the New Orleans Jazz.
JAWSFreelao

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Just as it should have been Toronto Barney and Vancouver Ted.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby JAWSFreelao on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Ted was an amazing movie, just saying haha.
The Raptors do look like they're still regaining their oncourt rhythm after getting DeMar Derozan back in the fold.
JAWSFreelao

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:31 am

Since everybody is bringing their favorite team's thread back to light, I thought I would do the same thing. Lucky me I found this deserted thread.

I don't see the Raptors doing any major roster moves before the season starts and I officially consider them a "what the hell are they trying to do" team.
They are playing to win, that's for sure. I can't see how their offseason moves helps them do that though. Last year, they got their asses spanked by the Cavs in a humiliating fashion. At this very moment, I consider them even worse, both on paper and on court.

The Toronto-born Corey Joseph was a great backup for Lowry whenever he had to sit and I don't see Delon Wright filling that role. Patrick Patterson leaving was for me the worst move made by this organisation this summer, he was a great role player and his set of skills was above average for today's NBA. DeMarre Carroll was a lockdown defender and his replacement, CJ Miles, is just offensive firepower.

Even though the chemistry and the W/L projections took a big hit with those players leaving, I am excited about KJ McDaniels. I've always enjoyed him play and I really hope he gets the playing time he deserves. I also hope Siakam gains a bigger role with Patterson gone. He looks like he has potential.

Good thing they got Lowry back. His age might be a problem in a couple of years, but a 3-year contract was the right thing to do.

To sum it up, I basically see Raptors getting eliminated in the first round and Dwane Casey getting the sack immediately after that. I always hope for the better though.
I Hate Mondays

Postby air gordon on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:37 am

It's a Shame Carroll was damaged goods when he signed on for the big contract and now he's saying he is 100%?!
During opening introductions, Jordan Bell made curious gestures with his hands, which he admitted after the game were meant to symbolize rubbing money together. "I wanted to see how cash considerations was doing over there," Bell said.
air gordon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:41 am

air gordon wrote:It's a Shame Carroll was damaged goods when he signed on for the big contract and now he's saying he is 100%?!

He also sounded more than excited to get traded. "Rush of joy" was the expression he used if my memory is right.
I guess some NBA players want to have a bigger role on a -.500 team with two years left in their careers.
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 pm

There goes Derozan's buzz of good 3PT% games after he went 2 from 10. His shooting mechanics looked promising though. Maybe he is a different type of shooter when the season starts. The mid-range game was fun and old school but if he adds the 3PT shot, he is a baaad man.
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Easy win against the 76ers. I like the fact that Ibaka apparently has the green light when it comes to 3PTA this season.
I Hate Mondays

Return to NBA & Basketball