Scott Skiles out in Milwaukee

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Scott Skiles out in Milwaukee

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 am

Bucks and Skiles Mutually Agree to Part Ways

The Milwaukee Bucks and Scott Skiles have mutually agreed to part ways after his four-plus seasons as head coach, General Manager John Hammond announced today. Assistant Jim Boylan will assume head coaching duties for the remainder of the season.

“Scott and I met yesterday after practice and after some honest discussion, we both came to the conclusion that it was best to part ways,” Hammond said. “It is never an easy decision to make, but in the end a decision we felt was best for both parties. I want to thank Scott for his hard work, dedication and the imprint he leaves on our team and our entire organization. We all wish him and his family well.”

Additionally, Adrian Wojnarowski reports:

Close coaching friend of ex-Bucks coach Scott Skiles tells Y! Sports: "Scott hated his team."
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Scott Skiles out in Milwaukee

Postby airBerlin on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Seems strange that he would hate this Bucks team, I see them as having a TON of potential.

For me, they've become one of the more interesting teams in the NBA.
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby benji on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 pm

airBerlin wrote:Seems strange that he would hate this Bucks team

Really? Doesn't exactly seem full of his type of players. Despite the teams offensive rating.
benji

Postby airBerlin on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:37 pm

What's his type?
airBerlin

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:51 pm

Based on his love of playing Adrian Griffin while the Bulls desperately needed to start scoring some seasons back, strong defenders with great hustle who couldn't combine to put 80 points up on the board even if their opponents went back to the locker room for the entire second half.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 pm

I was like WTF is with the Bucks team for entire season long. Skiles couldn't figure out starting line up and rotation players until his last day. They just signed Ilyasova to a big fat contract yet he saw scarce minutes, in favor of Udoh, Henson, Marquis, and other scrubs. Outside of Monta Ellis and Jennings, everyone pretty much had good reasons to be inconsistent all season long as the minutes were all over the place differently each and every night. Which makes their .500 record more surprising than usual.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby airBerlin on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:49 am

I assumed Ilyasova kind of lost his spot due to a slow start in the beginning of the season. Personally, I'm more intrigued with the potential combo of Henson and Sanders.
airBerlin

Return to NBA & Basketball