NBA Random Discussion 2012-13 Season

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: NBA Random Discussion 2012-13 Season

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 pm

benji wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:I think Brown's a good defensive coach, as for offense he's got...Mike Kruester.

Who?

Inadvertent copy paste from using a touch screen with fat fingers. Can't be assed to move stuff to proper place...like your penis.

Qballer wrote:understand that the Lakers have gone from sixth defensively during Phil Jackson's final year (one that saw the Busses giddy to push him toward Montana in the hours following) to 13th under the "defensive-minded" Brown to 25th this year.

His first season with the Lakers, lockout. Limited and compressed training camp even if they are the Lakers. Still finished on top-half of the league in defensive rating.

Second season, yeah 5 games are good sample size to assess the team's defensive rating especially with their DPoY center still hurting back then and the players are still running around like headless chickens trying to get the Princeton offense right making them lose focus on defense, an offense which was implemented by an assistant offensive coach that was hired by management even though Brown already had MIKE KRuester as his offense coach.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:57 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
benji wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:I think Brown's a good defensive coach, as for offense he's got...Mike Kruester.

Who?

Inadvertent copy paste from using a touch screen with fat fingers. Can't be assed to move stuff to proper place...like your penis.

Burn! :P
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby _Steve_ on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:47 am

There goes Mike Dunlap. Now I'm curious who will be the next coach to get fired by MJ.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby benji on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:08 am

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Y! Sources: Mike Brown, Cleveland finalizing a five-year, $20 million-plus contract for him to return as coach.

Last edited by benji on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
benji

Postby benji on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:13 am

He also mentioned Gay has vision issues that require correction in an interview on TSN Radio with myself and Dave Naylor; an NBA source says Gay has required contact lenses for years, but has refused to wear them, and could not get comfortable with goggles this season.
benji

Postby bowdown on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:33 am

thats quite an unreasonable thing to be adamant about.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 pm

I don't know that it's that unreasonable to not like or be comfortable with contact lenses, but clearly those are the choices he has so he'll have to bite the bullet and get used to one or the other.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Andrew wrote:I don't know that it's that unreasonable to not like or be comfortable with contact lenses, but clearly those are the choices he has so he'll have to bite the bullet and get used to one or the other.

Was a bit shocked when I read about that. It's a pretty unprofessional behavior for a professional basketball player.
I can't stand lenses myself but that's no excuse for not wearing glasses.

Also had to laugh about Cavs giving Brown a contract worth 20 mio. Poor Kyrie...
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 pm

On the scale of unprofessional acts by professional basketball players, it's fairly low down in the grand scheme of things.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Bucks, Rockets, Lakers, Hawks and Celtics-- all look like they are on their way to a sweep. I didn't expect the Lakers & Celtics series to be like that. I know it's not over but up until this point...
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:53 pm

I think Rockets still have a good chance of avoiding the sweep. Last game was a close one and without Lin they might have a chance of containing at least Westbrook more than they did before.
I have expected the Hawks playing better last night but that didn't happen (e.g. shooting just 11-20 fts is like drilling your knee before running a Marathon).
Depht is pretty much an issue for the Lakers. If the Lakers bench doesn't step up, this series could end very soon and very ugly. Also allowing the Spurs to shot 50+% from the field and 50% from 3pt-range won't help the Lakers win any games.
As I haven't seen any of the two games between Celtics and Knicks, my judgement is just based on box score/statistics. What hits the eye ist that the Celtics just suck in creating/making shots...
_Steve_

Postby benji on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:38 pm

David Kahn just sent me a text after I called him seeking comment on today's NBA.com report that Glen Taylor is negotiating a five-year deal with Flip Saunders to replace Kahn as president of basketball operations. This is what the text said: "First, I wake up every day knowing it's a privilege to have this job, and not a right. Speculation about our jobs is part of this business, especially when you strip the emotion out of it. Speculation is especially understandable now, as we have a deep and talented team, with several cornerstone players, and will be poised for big success once it regains its health. "Glen and I have an understanding that we will meet at an appropriate time to discuss my contractual status, but only after we have clarification on Coach Adelman's status and Glen has all the information he needs. It is no different than when we make decisions on players who have options. We wait for the process to unfold. In the meantime, Glen and I have been having conversations about the staff, free agency and other plans.
benji

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:31 pm

In other words...

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

As someone pointed out, Iguodala and Smith better watch out.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby _Steve_ on Thu May 02, 2013 5:57 am

Andrew Bynum seems to enjoy dancing lately.
Sometimes I wonder if he injured his knees or his head...
_Steve_

Postby Stress Fracture on Thu May 02, 2013 9:10 am

SteveHTOWN wrote:Sometimes I wonder if he injured his knees or his head...

Maybe both?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Thu May 02, 2013 10:10 am

Good to see he's feeling better, I guess.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Spree#8 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:52 am

Well, the season's over for the Sixers - of course he's feeling better now. Let's see Philly give him a 5-year max and then watch his legs fall off immediately.
Spree#8

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 pm

16 million just for doing nothing. That's something not even the richest dudes can say.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby _Steve_ on Thu May 02, 2013 11:19 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:16 million just for doing nothing. That's something not even the richest dudes can say.

That's not quite true. He went bowling and dancing. He also seems to have visited the the local barber shop several times...
_Steve_

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball