The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 am

Went over to New York, I suppose.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:32 am

PLEASE NO NEGATIVE ARTICLES LIEK THAT! THIS IS A RESPECT THREAD! RESPECT PLEASE!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby graybakflip on Wed May 01, 2013 1:21 am

Wow its been a while, 1st playoff year for the nets and for brook(still 25 y.o.) but he didn't disappoint as he's ave. great numbers against noah(not 100% healthy tho) and the bulls. But still down 1 game 3-2(and that game 4 where NATE happened). Still hoping that PJ would stop trolling us, stop playing evans 50 mins!, smh. Nets could've won some of those games if only he made proper rotations by playing blatche-lopez more mins, still credit the bulls' defense and heart. Going on the road in game 6 in a do or die situation, kirk might play. The only good news I've noticed is it looks like the nets have found ways to score against bulls great team defense, bad news is still they have no answer for nate's athleticism AND PJ is still our coach.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Not the expected type of a win but still a win is a win!, thought the bulls has bigger chances when playing grind it out but they're just too undermanned. As expected noah played better(did a great job stopping brook, tho I'll admit one of his blocks on him was a goal-tend), their home court was really a factor as they got into the nets players during FT's and coach thibs vs PJ is like shaq against boykins on the low post. The game was surprisingly close(that's what you get when playing w/ crash & evans together) 'till the last 2:45 where blatche came-in(after 1 century PJ finally put him in) and scored the last 5 pts for the nets(glad we have him for vet's money). Now the series is tied and returning home for a win or go home game 7, I expect barclays to be jam-packed and little by little make more home-grown fans w/ that 1 Billion dollar arena..
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Sun May 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Well, it finally comes to an end. As I've said before, this team is just a athletic defensive PF who can run and defend the PnR and a wing player who can defend and hit those open threes consistently(Crash is certainly not this type of player). Oops, almost forgot, they need a REAL coach and staff(heck 'till now they're still running Avery's offensive set's) who can change the "3v5" offense and spread the floor better, less ISO, develop our young talents and not making Crash a "Ray Allen" type of player. Brooklyn Net's 1st season is not a let-down, they've made some HUGE strides(unlike the preseason champs lol), they should build upon this experience and develop chemistry. Future is bright, we have the tools to be a great team in the east. Brook is only 24y.o.(going 25 soon), Dwill should be playing a FULL SEASON, JJ(the most clutch player in the league this season! yep heard that right yet still choked on the most important game tho lol) should age well since he's style of play don't rely much of athleticism and Crash is not 40 y.o.(31 I think) lol.

Hump's contract would look better, and we still have a pick this yr's draft(Proky might show his money again in the draft). There are many GOOD players that might be available this FA off-season and I expect the nets can make certain moves to fill the void.

P.S.
F I R E PJC!
graybakflip

Postby shadowgrin on Mon May 06, 2013 1:22 am

With that payroll the Nets suck lol.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Jackal on Mon May 06, 2013 5:33 am

OMG HAVE SUM RESPECT THE BILLION DOLLAR OWNER DOESNT CARE FOR MONIES OKAY?!
Jackal

Postby _Steve_ on Mon May 06, 2013 2:33 pm

The well respected team is looking for a new head coach.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Mon May 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Deron Williams's Record Against His Coaches: 3-0
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby benji on Mon May 06, 2013 9:05 pm

graybakflip wrote:As I've said before, this team is just a athletic defensive PF who can run and defend the PnR and a wing player who can defend and hit those open threes consistently(Crash is certainly not this type of player) [away].

Tim Bontemps wrote:King said -- not surprisingly -- that Nets need to add athleticism, particularly on the perimeter, to aid their defense.

hmmm
benji

Postby Stress Fracture on Mon May 06, 2013 11:06 pm

Gerald Wallace is getting old. As for Kris Humphries.....
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby benji on Tue May 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Mike Dunleavy, a Brooklyn product and former Coach of the Year, has been lobbying for the job, noting in December the gig would be his “dream come true.” Dunleavy’s name initially emerged in December, and gained momentum because of his roots as a star for Nazareth HS in the early ’70s.

Sources had conflicting stories as to whether Dunleavy has had discussions with King about the job, and where he stands on the GM’s priority list. One source said Dunleavy had emerged as a real dark horse in a race with higher-profile names.
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue May 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Dunleavy's had some respectable seasons when he's actually had a decent roster at his disposal, but I don't know if he's someone that Nets fans can get too excited about.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby graybakflip on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:21 pm

So it's official, after the long search for the new HC job, from Phil, Sloan, Hollins, Van Gundy's, Shaw the search is now over. Rumors since last week started as "The Mystery Man" but after the greatest PG retired, speculations was JKidd was that man, well not that bad since he's one of the greatest BBIQ's, and he will surely lure some of the FA's. WELCOME BACK CAPTAIN KIDD!..

I was expecting Shaw(interviewed for 4 hrs by Billy King) then few hours later BK told Shaw that it wasn't him.
graybakflip

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 pm

graybakflip wrote:and he will surely lure some of the FA's.

So long as they're willing to sign for the minimum/MLE. With the Nets' payrolll, that's all they can offer.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby benji on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:18 pm

I'd assume the Nets are over the apron, so...no MLE even. Knicks still managed to gobble up tons of 35+ year old FAs, so don't count out Brooklyn.
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:36 pm

graybakflip wrote:after the greatest PG retired, speculations was JKidd was that man

WAT.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby graybakflip on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Andrew wrote:
graybakflip wrote:and he will surely lure some of the FA's.

So long as they're willing to sign for the minimum/MLE. With the Nets' payrolll, that's all they can offer.

I think JKidd has it, since he's been around the league for a long time and is respectable by many players/coaches. What I mean is not just this years FA's, and sure they have humps expiring and some picks to throw for a potential trade.

shadowgrin wrote:
graybakflip wrote:after the greatest PG retired, speculations was JKidd was that man

WAT.

IMHO, he's the best PG, the history where he made the NJNETS relevant from a mediocre team to a trip to the finals(2) with just a bunch of nobodies, one of the youngest teams in PO's history for the past 15 yrs(2002/2003), from no "J" to 3rd over-all in 3's made, his 3ple doubles are no joke..
graybakflip

Postby _Steve_ on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:58 pm

If you are looking for triple doubles Magic would be the man to look for.
Magic or Stockton would be my choices for best PG ever (at least in 3pt-era), with Kidd being #3.
_Steve_

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (DISRESPECT)..

Postby Jackal on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:17 pm

The Nets need a less fat point guard.Imho
Jackal

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 pm

SteveHTOWN wrote:If you are looking for triple doubles Magic would be the man to look for.
Magic or Stockton would be my choices for best PG ever (at least in 3pt-era), with Kidd being #3.

How about that Canadien guy who was the first point guard to ever win the MVP? Two years in a row. No joke eh? Then we have Chris Paul as well. Real question is where does Kidd stand among these names.

And we need to exclude Magic because he was a definite better, than any of PGs that were mentioned.

But who cares, really. I think d-will's gonna have his ways with this Jason Kidd guy. If not, he'll execute him like he did Avery Johnson.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby _Steve_ on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 pm

My personal list (3pt era) would look like:
#1 Magic
#2 Stockton
#3 Kidd
#4 Nash
#5 could become Paul
So you're Canadian fellow is still included in my top 5 despite his last year. ;)

I'm not sure whether D-Will will kill his next coach as they are said to be friends, but we'll see how things develop.
_Steve_

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:53 am

NovU wrote:Canadien guy who was the first point guard to ever win the MVP? Two years in a row.

Magic Johnson is canadien? No wonder he got HIV.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby benji on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:56 am

shadowgrin wrote:
NovU wrote:Canadien guy who was the first point guard to ever win the MVP? Two years in a row.

Magic Johnson is canadien? No wonder he got HIV.

Bob Cousy got HIV?
benji

Postby NovU on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:52 am

Becareful there, jealous Canadien haterz. This is a respect thread!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball