The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:27 pm

graybakflip wrote:I think JKidd has it, since he's been around the league for a long time and is respectable by many players/coaches. What I mean is not just this years FA's, and sure they have humps expiring and some picks to throw for a potential trade.

They're unlikely to get a great player for Kris Humphries' expiring contract, the 22nd pick in this year's Draft and any other picks they care to include. They can't do any sign-and-trade deals either, as noted here.

Brooklyn had its moments down the stretch of 2012-13, especially when star guard Deron Williams was engaged, but the team is set to spend over $86 million next year on a roster that isn’t scaring anyone, even with the Potential Greatest Coach Ever at the helm. The year after that, even after declining four player options, they’ll be at the luxury tax level with just six players on the roster. It’s true that Prokhorov doesn’t mind paying huge luxury tax bills, but his personal income isn’t the concern here. The concern is the flexibility, as tax-paying teams can’t work out sign and trade deals, and are limited in the exceptions they can hand to players to round out the roster.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Why must you disrespect this team? WHY? :roll:
Jackal

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 pm

benji wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:Magic Johnson is canadien? No wonder he got HIV.

Bob Cousy got HIV?

Boom
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby graybakflip on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Andrew wrote:They're unlikely to get a great player for Kris Humphries' expiring contract, the 22nd pick in this year's Draft and any other picks they care to include. They can't do any sign-and-trade deals either, as noted here.

Yep they might not get a great player thru HBAP(hump, brooks, and multiple picks) but they can. They can can offer HBAP to i.e. Cleveland or Charlotte for a $13M trade exemption which can be very valuable at the trade deadline. If a team is looking to blow it up, Nets can be a very attractive destination as a team that can absorb a large salary without sending back anything other than Kris Joseph in return. We can also facilitate trades for other teams in return for some assets.

As for Magic Johnson, yep he's one of the greatest players and PG, but he had all the help from the team he's playing for(LA's a great franchise team, great owner), the team mates he's had(i mean LEGENDS), and let's be honest, that height he had clearly gave him some advantage. You can make an argument that LBJ is a PG too. Still IMHO JKIDD is the greatest PG. Every team he's played with had a better record when he's with them, had the best 28-0 record when playing against in'tl competitions.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 am

Why should e.g. the Cats spent money if they can't win even with the players they might get?
What's wrong about Magic being 6 ft 9 in?
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Jackal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 am

That's why he isn't the best PG ever. He was tall. So that's unfair.

And imho Kidd is the best because he coaches the Nets now. That's a good enough reason. And he's short.
Jackal

Postby Stress Fracture on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:16 am

If we're just talking about height, Muggsy Bogues is the best PG ever.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Jackal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:27 am

No, his teams didn't all turn around from losing to winning. He also had good teammates. Kidd's not too short, he's like middle height. So imho that makes him the best PG ever. If he was shorter then he wouldn't be that great because his passes are closer to the ground where he has an advantage.
Jackal

Postby benji on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 pm

graybakflip wrote:Every team he's played with had a better record when he's with them

Except the Suns, Mavs and Knicks. But one out of four isn't bad.
benji

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:19 pm

benji is on fire :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Except that he's not. benji didn't address on the real issue that Kidd's short. gaybackflip won this discussion, easily.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:31 pm

But we were talking about Kidd & not short PG's, right?
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 pm

It's all about R E S P E C T !
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Other than his first two years with the Nets and the 99 lockout season Kidd wasn't even the best player on his teams, based on WS. Meanwhile, John Stockton...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jackal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:15 pm

John Stockton wore short shorts, that gave him an advantage. And he was white. So yeah, imho that still means Kidd is the best PG of all time.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 pm

someone actually considers kidd a better point guard than stockton?
Sauru

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 pm

IMVHO Kidd is the greatest.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:14 am

Indeed, it has nothing to do with the fact he's coaching the Nets or anything, he just is the greatest because his teams were all winning teams. John Stockton only played for one team and never won a ring. Imho ofcourse...
Jackal

Postby graybakflip on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:06 pm

benji wrote:
graybakflip wrote:Every team he's played with had a better record when he's with them

Except the Suns, Mavs and Knicks. But one out of four isn't bad.

oh I missed that one, maybe the suns, but I think after the he was traded to the mavs, the next season?(not sure what exact year) they became the NBA champs, then he was clearly a factor that made that knicks team one of the better teams of the east, Melo and JR had better looks and the ball was free flowing.

John Stockton is great too, but he's not that of a Magic/Kidd like caliber type of a complete PG, Jerry Sloan was the leader of that team not him.

Look I grew-up as a Kidd fan(post MJ), that made me a NJ NETS fan too, I don't care what y'all saying but we are all have the right to have our own opinions/stand. So go on, do your thing, just don't forget to read my sig, funny people tho (Y) ..
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby Jackal on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

graybakflip wrote:John Stockton is great too, but he's not that of a Magic/Kidd like caliber type of a complete PG, Jerry Sloan was the leader of that team not him.

:lol: :lol: That's the best thing I've ever read. And I've read Coolmac & Heido aka stupid piece of paper posts.

Jerry Sloan was the true leader indeed, he even lead Deron so well. Had nothing to do with Stockton being one of the greatest ever, rubbish.

And remember, we're all unique. Like everyone else.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:26 pm

gaybackflip. nobody's laughing at you for being different but they are laughing at you for simply being wrong and stuck-up.

I can understand you grew up as a Kidd/Nets fan but why can't you understand people grew up watching Magic/Stockton as well. If you felt offended, it's probably because you offended those Magic-people in the first place.

if your reasoning is you being a fan, then it simply doesn't cut it. Say if I said "IMO Wade's #1 over Jordumb.", I should be able to back it up, otherwise I will have to deal with people calling me an idiot. So deal with the trouble you asked for, like a man now.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Jackal wrote:And remember, we're all unique. Like everyone else.

We're special snowflakes in a snowstorm. <3 to all.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Jackal on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Please stop being disrespectful. Every person on earth is allowed to have an opinion and you guys can laugh at me for having mine. I know I am different from everyone else so I am more enlightened about life and everything in it imho.
Jackal

Postby Stress Fracture on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:37 pm

imho graybakflip's reasoning sucks big time. Sorry for telling it, but I'm unique.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:30 pm

Everyone is unique, there is no doubt in that. It all really depends on how unique...

I don't think anyone can put logic and make Kidd the greatest PG ever. But as for thinking of him as the best, that's just an opinion and it's cool. That's how fandom works. Batman is cooler and better but there are still Superman fans out there, aren't there?

And I don't mean any disrespect or sarcasm towards anyone.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball