The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby Sauru on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:59 pm

NovU wrote:Question is where do you place the Nets? And what is your measurement when it comes to considering one a serious contender?

i put miami and the pacers above them right now. whoever comes out of the east will be the nba champions this year
Sauru

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Why would you put Nets over Knicks?

If Melo has another monster season or just near monster season, Nets have no chance. And Pierce is no game changer. It mostly depends on KG and DWil.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby _Steve_ on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:42 am

The Knicks lack size, defense and health plus they got Bargnani...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:54 am

And also because we respect the Nets around here.

Sauru wrote:i put miami and the pacers above them right now. whoever comes out of the east will be the nba champions this year

How about the Bulls? Corpse of the Bulls led by Nate Robinson were better than fully healthy Nets in the playoffs. Will addition of KG/PP/AK/JET outclass the healthy Bulls with former MVP back in the line up?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:03 am

http://nets.com

No edits or anything. That url is as is.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:08 am

shadowgrin wrote:http://nets.com

No edits or anything. That url is as is.

Hahahahahaha! Think that's a small joke by a tech?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby graybakflip on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:40 am

Source: LBJ

LeBron James in an interview with ESPN's Brian Windhorst says he's impressed with the moves the Nets made this off-season bringing in Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry and new coach Jason Kidd.

"They brought three champions to their team and they brought in a championship coach. They're going to be good," James said. "Chemistry is always the issue when you bring new guys to a new team but those guys have sacrificed before so I don't think it'll be a problem for them. I think it's great for the league."

.. when you're playing Evans+Crash(3v5 on offense) for more than 50 mins! that will eventually backfire on you. PJC was clearly out-smarted by Coach Thibs(they were zoning on dwill/JJ/brook letting crash/evans open and that was very very effective. PJC countered by playing them 300 million min together, smh), even Steve Kerr was saying that the floor spacing was awful. Boozer was just shooting lay-ups from mid range against a 6'7 Evans in front of his nose, not to mention those bone headed plays where he mimic magic johnson on a fast break and those 3 sec violations in w/c he led the league last season. Tho I love Reg's effort on the glass, he's clearly not a starter.

And.. that was the idea about the "deepening the bench". KG and PP's stats last season is almost the same the year before, but they were clearly exposed and gassed during the PO vs the Knicks. They were the main options on defense and offense!. So by adding AK/Anderson w/ Blatche/JET/Livingston/Plumber they can have fresher legs for the PO w/c is more important. People also tend to forget that were also "big" in all of the positions, and versatile. PP is not a game changer?ask LBJ. Tho I agree that anything but the Finals is a failure, I can still see that the mngmt wont stop in bringing this franchise up.

About that url, that was never a nets site(even the NJ years). Proko wanted to buy that url years ago from a networking company but both sides couldn't reach an agreement, so the owner directed that to other NBA team.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:13 pm

graybakflip wrote:About that url, that was never a nets site(even the NJ years). Proko wanted to buy that url years ago from a networking company but both sides couldn't reach an agreement, so the owner directed that to other NBA team.

Seems like throwing money around doesn't solve everything.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Sauru on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:51 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Why would you put Nets over Knicks?

If Melo has another monster season or just near monster season, Nets have no chance. And Pierce is no game changer. It mostly depends on KG and DWil.

i would say the knicks have no chance. they need much more than melo to even consider doing anything. pierce does not have to be a game changer in NJ, he is no longer going to be the go to option but he is a player you are forced to stay home on. this line up makes it very hard for teams to double off

NovU wrote:
Sauru wrote:i put miami and the pacers above them right now. whoever comes out of the east will be the nba champions this year

How about the Bulls? Corpse of the Bulls led by Nate Robinson were better than fully healthy Nets in the playoffs. Will addition of KG/PP/AK/JET outclass the healthy Bulls with former MVP back in the line up?

i am holding off all judgement on the bulls until i see rose play again. not sure where his head is at after such a long break from the game. if rose plays like his old self then the bulls have to be considered. we will see
Sauru

Postby NovU on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Omg Sauru still riding Pierce wheelchair. I'm done.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:04 am

Size, Rose or Pierce-- not big issues. Melo, Tyson Chandler & J.R. Smith. And if Stoudamire is playing teeny bit well along all that, Knicks are certainly making some noise.

Also, they have Bargnani & World Piece of Shit.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Stoudamire's best years lay behind him. I doubt that he'll ever have a productive year again...
(I'm hopelessly pessimistic when it comes to injuriy prone players.)
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:28 am

Watching the Nets training camp on NBA TV, looks like the coaching of Kidd and Frank will be similar to how Mike Brown and John Kuester share coaching duties.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby graybakflip on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 pm

Congratulations captain Kidd!, glad to have you back. The reason why I became a Net Fan, happy the team retired your jersey.. (Y)

phpBB [video]
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:23 pm

He's too old and washed up, but the truth hurts!

P.S.
Allan Anderson looking like a good late FA pick-up and glad to see AK playing. With no players playing more than 31 mins, glad to have that win against them for a loooong time.
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:53 pm

I was expecting a larger narrative than that on today's victory from you. :lol: BTW final score shouldn't fool anybody, the Nets won this game in a convincing manner otherwise for ridiculous desperate 3s in the end.

Anyways, tonight's game pretty much confirmed why I like Nets' chance at beating the Heat in 7 game series. Size, Size, Size, and depth to bully Heat's small ball. Kirilenko wasn't fully healthy nor Deron was 100% but still the Nets won convincingly against nearly full strength Heat with Wade playing well. I really hate having to rely on fake bigs like Bosh and Haslem against 7 footer-duo like KG and Lopez. And Pierce, JJ, Kirilenko all have pretty good length to bother Wade and Bron. Mismatch all over the place.

I wish now the Heat didn't pick up Oden or Beasley during offseason though I was somewhat excited for Oden. Instead, we should have gone for Faverani. :oops:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:10 pm

People were calling Paul Pierce washed up?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Duh. Get with the "world against Brooklyn" mentality. Even if it's created in their own fans minds just so they can say "see? Ya'll said we washed up but the truth hurts."

How else can you use spiffy lines like that?
Jackal

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:52 am

Just a bad pun, maybe.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:17 am

phpBB [video]
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Sauru on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:39 am

it kinda stings to see pierce wearing black but it is nice to see him in good shape and playing well.
Sauru

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Grats to the best point guard ever for his coaching debut! Loss by 21 isn't too bad! I mean it could have been worse like loss by 22!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby graybakflip on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Andrew wrote:People were calling Paul Pierce washed up?

yep and I don't know why, even Bron said(last year interview I think) that if he could give a rival player it's PP.

NovU wrote:Grats to the best point guard ever for his coaching debut! Loss by 21 isn't too bad! I mean it could have been worse like loss by 22!

agreed not to disagree, very luck-luster performance from the whole team, and Blatche is now retracting to be the player that was amnestied by the Wiz, he's a big part of the rotation he needs to get himself back on track. DWill should blossom but still no show from him. Instead the young guns and the bench should do the lifting for PP and KG, it's still the seasoned guys are doing it. Still an early season but it shouldn't be a 20+ blow out win against a rookie-led team, no effort hate that..

Sauru wrote:it kinda stings to see pierce wearing black but it is nice to see him in good shape and playing well.

he's really in great shape and loving his leadership and efficiency..
graybakflip

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Was it an extremely vocal minority saying that? I would've thought that the common opinion would be that he's past his prime - which he is - but still a very good player and capable of contributing, albeit not in the starring role he once had. I'd suggest that anyone who was saying that he's washed up didn't need to be disproved, as their take wasn't worth validating in the first place.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:28 pm

i heard many people say that both pierce and garnett needed to just retire. every time i heard a person say that i knew that they were clueless about the game. its like people think the second your game degrades a bit from old age you need to just retire. both of these players are very capable starters
Sauru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball