The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (New Era)..

Postby graybakflip on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Yep true, but they are now all in going for the rebuild, setting the right culture & developing guys. I'ts all about the future now and the potential of the young players. DLo a 21 y.o.(!) might become a perennial allstar, LeVert played better than his draft position. This years Nets is not going to challenge the title contenders or threaten them, it's not the Billy King era anymore. And when your in the east, if lucky, you can always have a shot getting that 8th seed. You'll never know.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby Sauru on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:15 pm

the nets also have nothing to lose by pushing as hard as they can. they have zero incentive to tank while other teams are in full on tank mode. the nets will not be good but they will not be at the bottom on the league either
Sauru

Postby graybakflip on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:53 am

Can't disagree, the goal is to build a competitive team now with young high potential players and instill the proper culture. Basically that's right, a below average or if lucky an average team. The new front office are focusing on player development and instilling proper culture to these young players. Not only the players but everybody, from top to bottom. GM, Coaches, Players etc. It's quite different from the previous regime going for big name's, they learn the hard way, which is good imo. Sean Marks has done a great job so far. He's looking for talent everywhere, which is a given since we don't have our own picks. Just look at how he got Sean Kilpatrick, Spencer Dinwiddie, Quincy Acy(40% 3pt) and their contracts. Also turned Bojan Bogdanovic(which was eventually released by WAS) last season to Allen Crabbe(his contract was offered by Marks last offseason, they are very high on him) and Jarrett Allen(19 yo), Justin Hamilton(the who?) to D Carroll(reunited with Kenny Atkinson during ATL days) aaand Toronto's 1st & 2nd round picks 2018. I know these players are not world beaters, some with not so friendly contracts but they are system-fit players, and still they focus on player progression which is a breathe of fresh air for Nets fans. NBA today is so top heavy, that in the end we can almost predict who will be the top teams fighting for that trophy. Hence I say that Sean Marks is playing it smart. And for the tanking teams, I think there will be league changes regarding that matter. Not now but maybe soon. might be the reason many teams are now taking chances.
graybakflip

Postby air gordon on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:00 am

Brooklyn should finish above ATL, NYJ, CHI. Maybe even INDY. Good times ahead
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:13 am

I'm expecting for Lin to average at least 18 PPG and 7 APG.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:27 am

Lin has always been clutch.

Last edited by shadowgrin on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:34 am

Someone send Kenyon Martin some aloe.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby graybakflip on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:39 pm

KMart definitely got schooled on that one. JLin is always going to be that good kid, and rightfully so he's well respected around the league and by his fans around the world. I really appreciate him about that right attitude, which is I think makes him a good leader/example to this Brooklyn Nets team. He consulted with different people before he got his Locs and he even write it on the players tribune. More about it here: https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/10/3/16416076/hair-hair-hair-jeremy-lin-shows-it-flows-it-and-writes-about-it

We've got the hair game to the next level!(The Old School Fro, Dreadlocks etc) Hoping for hair updates on 2K lol.

Now about the preseason. Man so glad NBA basketball is back. From what I've observed JLin and Dlo is still going to need time to gel and learn to play together. First game was Dlo's making his debut and he made it look so easy. His court vision is amazing and his feel for the game. I was really surprised about his on-ball defense, didn't expected he was not that bad. Off-ball defense is he got problems. But he needs to gel with JLin and be consistent(2nd game vs Mia). JLin was ok that game but he step it up last game versus the Heat. Maybe he got something to prove because of that KMart comments?! not sure.

Early surprises on the team was RHJ, Demarre Carroll, Spencer Dinwiddie & Jarrett Allen. RHJ was making 18-20 ft midrange jumpshots with confidence! That was the first time I saw him making it with lesser "hitch" on his jumpshot which is very promising with his potential. Is it this year he makes the next step? well see. DC, wow, he's looking very comfortable playing out there. He doesn't look like a salary dump for me, aaaaand he comes with 1st & 2nd round picks! He's very good defensively, great hustle, looking like the ATL Demarre Carroll. Hopefully he can continue & be the consistent vet with the young core guys. Dindin is looking like what Shaun Livingston was with the Nets but with the 3pt range! Just a smart back up PG and he's good on defense too(I remember last season where Yogi Ferrell vs Spencer Dinwiddie was the topic). Jarrett Allen, he's still young, just turned 19 a few months ago, but with his 7'5+ wingspan, defensive instincts. He's going to be contributing early than I had expected this season.

Great Preseason so far. The pace and space will be on full effect when Allen Crabbe & Caris LeVert comes back from their minor injuries (both are day-to-day). Love their style of play, and their group of players. Everybody seems to have something to prove and got that chip on their shoulders. Great job by the Sean Marks and the coaching staff. Can't wait for the season to start!

LETS GO NETS!
graybakflip

Postby Jeffx on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:12 am

On social media, it's hard to tell if mfers are being serious or joking around. I honestly think it's the latter in this case.

I caught Nets/Knicks the other night. I like how the Nets worked the ball around. They're further along than the Knicks. The front office learned from past mistakes and seem to be heading in the right direction. Still, it's hard to get impact players when you're in the middle. In the NBA, you need at least two to be a legit contender.
Jeffx

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:52 pm

I don't think Kenyon was joking or even trolling, he made a video talking about Lin's hair then had to make three follow-up posts about it.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:07 pm

That's that Harvard education at work there lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby graybakflip on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:53 am

So apparently KMart reached out Jeremy personally, good job!

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/10/9/16446000/jlin-kmart-talk-and-finally-its-all-good#comments

Crabbe made his debut, 14 pts in 11 mins, 3-4 3pt, made an immediate impact from the get go!
Mozgov shooting 3s!
Trevor Booker making behind the back passes!
DLo hounding opposing pg's on defense!
RHJ smooth midrange J!
DeMarre Carroll looking healthy with 3's tough D and rebounding well!

Can't wait for the season to start.

LETS GO NETS!!!
graybakflip

Postby Jeffx on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:20 am

Nets will win more games than the Knicks.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:26 am

graybakflip wrote:So apparently KMart reached out Jeremy personally, good job!

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/10/9/16446000/jlin-kmart-talk-and-finally-its-all-good#comments

Crabbe made his debut, 14 pts in 11 mins, 3-4 3pt, made an immediate impact from the get go!
Mozgov shooting 3s!
Trevor Booker making behind the back passes!
DLo hounding opposing pg's on defense!
RHJ smooth midrange J!
DeMarre Carroll looking healthy with 3's tough D and rebounding well!

Can't wait for the season to start.

LETS GO NETS!!!

Martin was clearly joking around. That's a comment you make when you are joking around with your buddies, or even if the person is in the room with you (Like say Lin was in the room with Martin). Blown way out of proportion, I actually like Martin.

Sad to see Lin go down, he was playing well. I hope he is able to bounce back from it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:26 am

The Cavs must feel even better now about the Nets pick they received from the Celtics.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby graybakflip on Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:09 pm

Kevin Durant + Kyrie Irving on the NETS next season???

Still in awe actually, from the 'worst trade' ever to this? Sean Marks must be a real genius.
It's been a while since I've visited this forum. Hope everyone's doing fine (Y)
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:14 am

Kyrie and KD making headlines again on KDs podcast 1st episode. I think Kyrie is just a free-thinking, and his comments and narratives are being overblown by the media. But really he needs to prove it on his play next season.
graybakflip

Postby Jeffx on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:59 am

graybakflip wrote:Kyrie and KD making headlines again on KDs podcast 1st episode. I think Kyrie is just a free-thinking, and his comments and narratives are being overblown by the media. But really he needs to prove it on his play next season.

I heard some of that podcast - to me, Kyrie comes off as a smart-dumb person.....dude thinks he's profound, but he's really not. A pain-in-the-ass. And you combine him with Kevin "Mr. Sensitive" Durant, it sounds like a train wreck in the making.

If I'm Steve Nash, I get out of town ASAP. He doesn't know what he's getting in to.

https://nothinbutnets.com/2020/10/05/ne ... -comments/
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:26 am

Jeffx wrote:to me, Kyrie comes off as a smart-dumb person.....dude thinks he's profound, but he's really not.

That's generally been my impression of Kyrie Irving over the years.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby graybakflip on Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:41 pm

I think they'll be fine going into next season. They are best buddies and with nash being a great communicator and with the staff he has. They are also looking to add phil handy from the lakers. Hes close to kyrie.
graybakflip

Postby Jeffx on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 am

graybakflip wrote:I think they'll be fine going into next season. They are best buddies and with nash being a great communicator and with the staff he has. They are also looking to add phil handy from the lakers. Hes close to kyrie.

Good luck to Steve Nash....he'll need it, dealing with those clowns.

To quote Shannon Sharpe, "If Kyrie's leading, I ain't going!"
Jeffx

Postby graybakflip on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Its not ONLY kyrie leading. I think that is what he and KD meant during the podcast. That it will he a collabortive approach between coaches, players and staff.

NBA players today are alot different from the previous era. The Nets are embracing player empowerment and I think it will be fruitful for the upcomming generation.

Btw, Mike Dantoni, Amare and Ime Udoka now joins the coaching staff. 2 of the best offensive players funneled by maybe the best offensive coach the past history. Cant wait for the upcoming season already.
graybakflip

Postby Jeffx on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 am

graybakflip wrote:Its not ONLY kyrie leading. I think that is what he and KD meant during the podcast. That it will he a collabortive approach between coaches, players and staff.

NBA players today are alot different from the previous era. The Nets are embracing player empowerment and I think it will be fruitful for the upcomming generation.

Btw, Mike Dantoni, Amare and Ime Udoka now joins the coaching staff. 2 of the best offensive players funneled by maybe the best offensive coach the past history. Cant wait for the upcoming season already.

I disagree with that new age "collabortive approach"....SOMEBODY has to be in charge, to be the CEO and set the tone so to speak. That falls on the head coach, no one else.

Chris Broussard nailed it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMqtZbxTIMU&t=316s
Jeffx

Postby graybakflip on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:44 pm

Well see. I think this new nets culture is underrated. Players and coaches now loves to play for these brooklyn nets. Like kyrie and kd, how dantoni choose to be an asst head coach, royal ivey from the knicks, now there are rumors that KD is recruiting ibaka. Well see :cheeky:
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:31 am

From a line up of sundiata "lebron" gaines, marshawn "kobe" brooks, zoran planinic, yi "dirk" jianlian, james "tank commander" petro, having double sided jerseys, 12-70 season, new jersey swamp dragons, and wayw waay back, the history of having to trade dr j in order to have the money to enter the nba, the infamous billy king trade. I can say it's a new era in brooklyn. Cant wait for the free agency to start. So many rumors, james harden a possibility to join the nets, woow.
graybakflip

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball