The Dallas Mavericks Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Dallas Mavericks Thread

Postby deihatein on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:51 pm

0 for 6 in OT games this season and the Mavs are currently in 12th place in the standings. I guess it's safe to say I'm more optimistic about the offseason than making a splash at a playoff spot.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby rise on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 am

dei. wrote:0 for 6 in OT games this season and the Mavs are currently in 12th place in the standings. I guess it's safe to say I'm more optimistic about the offseason than making a splash at a playoff spot.

I don't think Dirk's anywhere close to 100% yet. I can see the Mavs getting a low playoff spot this year.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby deihatein on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Finally a win in OT.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby deihatein on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Dirk being a nice 3rd/4th option for the Mavs as he progress through the season. Carter really embracing that 6th man role. Hope the Mavs keeps rolling.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:48 am

Well, those are games they had to win (except the Memphis one maybe - still the Grizzlies were coming of a OT-game the night before). It's good to win those games though, as the team had even fucked those up earlier this season.

Dirk needs time, he is not done yet. (shooting pretty good from down town by the way so far)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby yosifun on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:31 pm

dei. wrote:Dirk being a nice 3rd/4th option for the Mavs as he progress through the season. Carter really embracing that 6th man role. Hope the Mavs keeps rolling.

The Mavs won every time Carter scored 18+ points, his defense has improved this year too so I don't see a reason why Marion should start ahead of him..
yosifun

Postby deihatein on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm

yosifun wrote:
dei. wrote:Dirk being a nice 3rd/4th option for the Mavs as he progress through the season. Carter really embracing that 6th man role. Hope the Mavs keeps rolling.

The Mavs won every time Carter scored 18+ points, his defense has improved this year too so I don't see a reason why Marion should start ahead of him..

Lol I was not really expecting or even suggesting that Carter to start over Marion. If anything they should play together because Marion has been the 2nd important player for the Mavs right now.

So Cuban made a "Bank of Cuban" which everybody on the roster except for Dirk can/will be traded. Just don't trade Mayo, Carter and Marion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby rise on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 pm

dei. wrote:
yosifun wrote:

Lol I was not really expecting or even suggesting that Carter to start over Marion. If anything they should play together because Marion has been the 2nd important player for the Mavs right now.

So Cuban made a "Bank of Cuban" which everybody on the roster except for Dirk can/will be traded. Just don't trade Mayo, Carter and Marion.

I don't know. If he's serious about free agency, he might dump Marion for an expiring deal. At this point in the season, I really think the Mavs would benefit greatly from a high pick. Hate to say it, but it's taking too long to right the ship. It's unlikely the Mavs make the playoffs.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby deihatein on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 am

rise wrote:Hate to say it, but it's taking too long to right the ship. It's unlikely the Mavs make the playoffs.

That's what I've also been saying when the Mavs are 10 games behind .500

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Right now, they are four games behind Houston. POR, MIN and HOU are all riding losing streaks. The Mavs streak might end vs OKC, but they are getting better. There is still a decent chance to sneak into that eight spot.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Solid win over the Rockets today, they had an answer for every run Houston made and eked out the victory. Harden admittedly helped out as his poor shooting night included a lot of blown layups that were good looks at the basket, but even so, give the Mavs credit for getting the job done.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 am

Does the beard mad Dallas Mavericks still has a shot to dat 8th seed?

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 am

As long as they aren't mathematically eliminated they obviously have a shot and there are enough games left in the regular season to make up ground on the Lakers and Jazz, but right now I don't see it happening.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:57 am

dei. wrote:Does the beard mad Dallas Mavericks still has a shot to dat 8th seed?

NO.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby rise on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:21 am

shadowgrin wrote:
dei. wrote:Does the beard mad Dallas Mavericks still has a shot to dat 8th seed?

NO.

So haven't been here in a while...

I think the Mavs still have a chance. Dirk's fully healthy, the Lakers looked awful with their "big lol four", the jazz have been choking as of late, and Portland might be trying to keep their pick, which is top 12 protected.
rise
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am

The problem is, it may be too little, too late. The Lakers are still two and a half games ahead of the Mavericks and with the regular season winding down, they'd basically need to go on a three or four game losing streak while the Mavs win their next three or four to really give Dallas a shot at battling for the eighth spot. Given their upcoming schedules, that's a tall order; the Lakers might drop a couple, but the Mavs will have a tough time running off another three or four in a row.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:21 am

If the Mavericks steal the 8th spot and steal Dwight eventually from the LoLakers. That'd be epic. And Cuban's 'amnesty Kobe' mockery would add as a gravy to the story. #LoLatLakers
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby deihatein on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Lakers 36 - 34
Utah 34 - 35
Dallas 33 - 36

I really can't see the Mavs overtaking the Lakers. Mavs winning tomorrow against Utah will tie them.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby rise on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:11 pm

8) Lakers: 36-35
9) Utah: 35-36
10) Dallas: 35-36

Looks a lot better now though Portland still isn't that far behind.
rise
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Things certainly just got interesting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby hova- on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:31 am

I doubt that the Mavericks will make it. Somehow I think the Lakers will pull it off in the end. But it's good to see Dirk being his old self in recent games. I like that running hook he has added in the last games. With his size still pretty unguardable despite his lack of athleticism.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:31 am

It doesn't matter if the user is athletic or not the hook shot is unguardable if done right unless you're up against a pissed off Wilt Chamberlain, then get ready to have that shite blocked.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby hova- on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Oh the last sentence wasn't about the hook but in general about Nowitzki. He has really lost every bit of athleticism he once had at this stage of his career, but he is unguardable - be it the hook or the one legged fade.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby benji on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 pm

shadowgrin wrote:It doesn't matter if the user is athletic or not the hook shot is unguardable if done right unless you're up against a pissed off Wilt Chamberlain, then get ready to have that shite blocked.

More like Richard Nixon:
benji

Postby rise on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:00 am

hova- wrote:I doubt that the Mavericks will make it. Somehow I think the Lakers will pull it off in the end. But it's good to see Dirk being his old self in recent games. I like that running hook he has added in the last games. With his size still pretty unguardable despite his lack of athleticism.

MWP is out. Kobe has bone spurs in his foot, Gasol just returned from a two-month absence and still is being D'Antonified, and Nash is hurt too. Who do you expect to help Dwight lead them to the playoffs if they miss time/suck? Earl Clark? Jodie Meeks? Antawn Jamison?

Right now my money's on the Mavs. They've got momentum on their side. The Lakers literally have absolutely everything going against them.
rise
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball