Miami Heat Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Miami Heat Thread

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:54 am

Looks like McBob and Granger will still be with the Heat. All is not lost though as LBJ's twitter kid Shabazz Napier is looking promising. 27.5fg% 4.5 turnover per game. Thanks LBJ!

PG: Napier
SG: Wade
SF: Granger
PF: McRoberts
C: Haslem

:lol:
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:00 am

Bosh is staying so at least Miami has that going for them. Now he can be the real Antoine Walker of the team.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:32 am

Perhaps Danny Granger should give Pete Myers a call. He probably knows how he's feeling right about now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kingjames23 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:43 am

Being a LeBron fan, I guess I have to root for the Cavs again...
I'm still a Heat and Laker's fan too, however, I don't see any of them making it back to the finals anytime soon, so here goes another few years of heartbreak I suppose.
kingjames23

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:43 am

kingjames23 wrote:Being a LeBron fan, I guess I have to root for the Cavs again...
I'm still a Heat and Laker's fan too, however, I don't see any of them making it back to the finals anytime soon, so here goes another few years of heartbreak I suppose.

Are you a Bulls & Spurs fan too?
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:11 am

Jackal wrote:
kingjames23 wrote:Being a LeBron fan, I guess I have to root for the Cavs again...

Are you a Bulls & Spurs fan too?

i heard he was a fan of every single nba championship team ever.
Sauru

Postby kingjames23 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 am

What? you can't be a fan of more than one team? Ive been a Lakers fan since I started watching basketball in the mid 80's until now. I was always a Jordan fan as well, (who wasn't?) so when it came to the 91 finals, I was torn of course. Once Jordan left, I never returned to being a "Bulls" fan. Since I have ALWAYS been a Lakers fan, I was still a fan of Shaq when he went to Miami, so I "became" a Miami fan. I have also been a LeBron fan since day, so when Shaq went there, I guess I became a Cleveland fan as well.

So no. Its more about being a fan of certain players...

LeBron, Shaq, Jordan

One team, the Lakers, has been consistent. If Miami played LA at any point in the past 4 years... I would have sided with LA, but since that never happened I always pulled for Miami in the finals.

Never liked The Pistons, even though I grew up in MI.
I hate The Spurs. Always have. Always will.
Not a fan of Dallas, Houston, or Boston... so I never got on those bandwagons.
kingjames23

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:05 pm

for me i am a boston fan and thats it. i enjoy watching certain players or teams but i am only a fan of 1 team
Sauru

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 pm

And I thought Sauru was a Heat and Celtics fan.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:15 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:And I thought Sauru was a Heat and Celtics fan.

i was up until today
Sauru

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Sauru is the BIGGEST RONDO FAN!

Man, fuck Granger.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:46 pm

I love people who think they're superior fans only because they have mindless loyalty for a specific team and team only. What retards with a spremacist mindset.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:56 pm

NovU wrote:I love people who think they're superior fans only because they have mindless loyalty for a specific team and team only. What retards with a spremacist mindset.

most fans in america become fans of the home team its just the way it is. it is usually kids who jump from team to team. i am a boston sports fan as i was raised in boston, nothing will ever change that. the idea of being a fair weather fan or a front runner is sickening to me.
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:24 pm

I don't doubt you being a Green from the heart (I was once like that with Vancouver team). I was referring to stupid people questioning others for legitimacy of rooting a certain team or player. To me, they are all the same. It's all about basketball and love for the sports. There is no such a thing as superior or inferior fandom, regardless the why/team/player/style you root for. You see, just because you have better basketball knowledge and experience than all of us combined, I don't see you acting like a better being to stupid people. That's the way it should be.

You know I'm only saying this because there are so many dumbed down supremacists who are going around trolling corpses of Heat-dom.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby kingjames23 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Well said NovU. I have always felt its ok to have 2nd tier favorite teams, or players outside of your top favorite. Sometimes you root for a team because you like a certain player and want him to get that ring. Hell, I want to see Vince Carter get a ring... if my Lakers aren't in contention,(clearly, they arent) and after that, its LBJ wherever he may be...
kingjames23

Postby kingjames23 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Anyways... why isn't Miami trying to lure Carmello now? they freed up the cash right? Duuuuuhhh.
kingjames23

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:35 pm

OMFG. That almost gave me a heart attack. Melo is staying in NY (although its still not official). Please do check on other sites rather than lebronjames.com.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:56 pm

Sauru wrote:most fans in america become fans of the home team its just the way it is. it is usually kids who jump from team to team. i am a boston sports fan as i was raised in boston, nothing will ever change that. the idea of being a fair weather fan or a front runner is sickening to me.

Apart from getting at it with my homie NovU, I like Sauru a lot. He is one of those straight forward type of dudes.

I believe there are 3 types of basketball fans. The first are like Sauru, who support their home city without any thought given to its quality, ranking, depth or the players it has. Even when they are tanking or even when they are winning rings, they keep supporting their team. This would be the most loyal ball fans. Always rooting for one team. The second type of fans are who idolize a particular player, childhood God of sort. I fall in this category. And the people of this category are not limited to a particular city or country. Micheal Jordan, Kobe Bryant, TMac and Iverson fans are the prime examples of this. The majority of the people in this forum and most places are Kobe fans who hate on LeBron. Yes, Kobe bled yellow and purple for life. There was never a reason for him not to because he always had help in getting his rings unlike anything LeBron had in Cleveland. Though it would never happen, but if Kobe switched teams tomorrow, 80% of the Lakers fanbase would be lost. Same would have been the case for Bulls if Jordan left somewhere mid-way through those three-peats. And the 3rd type are finally those who just like to watch good basketball and are a fan of the sports, not limited to any player or team. The Spurs fans(apart from the home city ones) are the best examples of this one.

Yep, I'm rooting for Cleveland now. So what? And it is not what Sauru said "the idea of being a fair weather fan or a front runner", it's because I'm a LeBron fan more than a Heat/Cleveland fan. I don't see anything wrong with that. If it was something like I was born in Boston, and started rooting for Heat then Cleveland, then the negativity it would be understandable. Of course much hatred will surface from those who think of themselves having an "inferior fandom" and that will only increase with time. And it will not stop until LeBron has proven himself to be better than Kobe and equal or close to Jordan.

I admire Wade, Bosh and the Heat as a team in the same way how I liked Curry, Melo, Durant and their teams. As a basketball fan. But when it will be CLE VS MIA, of course I will be rooting for LeBron and whichever team he plays on.

And that's my take on this teams' shit.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby The X on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:11 pm

When all is said & done I think Heat roster will look something like this:

C- Birdman/McRoberts/Haslem
PF- Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
SF- Deng/Granger
SG- Wade/TBD cheap shooter
PG- Chalmers/Cole/Napier

I think they should re-sign Chalmers. His woeful Finals should push his asking price well down so why not? He's solid if at right price.

Looking at above roster it's a playoff team in East

kingjames23 wrote:I was always a Jordan fan as well, (who wasn't?)

Me :P

I liked Pip the best. Also like Kukoc, Ron Harper & some others over MJ. Naturally I appreciated MJ's brilliance on the court as I do with Lebron but I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of either of them.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby xxstormmxx on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:11 am

NovU wrote:I love people who think they're superior fans only because they have mindless loyalty for a specific team and team only. What retards with a spremacist mindset.

It's better then those guys who say you're a bandwagoner if you root for anyone but the home team. Like I met one guy who said if you grow up outside of Florida and still decide to root for the Jacksonville Jags even though they're terrible, you're still a bandwagoner. :?
----Miami Heat----
2006, 2012, 2013

-----LA Lakers----
To Many Titles to Count
xxstormmxx

Postby NovU on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:23 am

Bandwagoners are fine things. Every Lakers fans are bandwagoners, so are the Bulls fans. Most of them hopped onto it because of Kobe and MJ. Don't think you're better than any particular bandwagoners because you happened to be born in a city where there's a great franchise with great history and you were raised to root for them culturally or systematically. Some people have bigger love and passion for the basketball than those mindless cattles.

All fandoms are equal at the end of the day. It's immaturity of casual fans attacking other fanbases under pretense of justification and superiority complex.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:19 pm

xxstormmxx wrote:

It's better then those guys who say you're a bandwagoner if you root for anyone but the home team. Like I met one guy who said if you grow up outside of Florida and still decide to root for the Jacksonville Jags even though they're terrible, you're still a bandwagoner. :?

lol that makes no sense. then again many people have issues ever making sense. like SoF'nAwesome said, some people are fans of a player. i can see this as i also have my favorite players and what not but i would never saw i am a fan of them. i love a good sports story though which is why i wish mj never came back after hitting what should of been his career ending shot. i had a buddy growing up that just loved charles barkley so he was a fan of any team he was on and my wife was a huge steve nash fan so she kept rooting for him. i am slowing trying to convert her to the celtics but who knows how that will go.
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Interesting. Deng I think is not a great player but might be an interesting fit for the Heat team. He excelled alongside capable playmakers in his career so perhaps Wade and him could turn out to be a solid combo.

I hope to see Riley to get the job done this time.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 pm

The roster has shaped up nice so far.

PG: Chalmers: Cole, Napier
SG: Wade
SF: Deng: Ennis(coming), Granger
PF: McRoberts: Haslem(likely)
C: Bosh: Anderson

11 players so far. Justin Hamilton would make 12th if not waived but will see little to none playing time. Oden is a question mark. He's going to play next season but we don't know where yet.

My concern is Wade's back up. 6'7" Ennis probably can shift to SG. He's looking capable in Summer league at the moment and he's averaged 21.2 ppg in Australia. I'm hoping he has quick feet and versatility to play at SG otherwise the Heat will go Cole / Napier / Chalmers backcourt rotation whenever Wade needs to rest knees. I'm not expecting too much from Granger nor Haslem. If they get to play a lot of minutes, it will probably means the Heat are in trouble.

I hope Riley isn't done yet. The Heat got solit starting 5 and a nice back up big in Anderson for 2 more seasons. But still lack that 6th man. If the Heat can add that plus bit more solid depth, they're gonna make some noise. I'm excited at this new look for the Heat (and the league). Quite frankly, I was bit bored last season.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:47 pm

They should really get more guys who can shoot 3s. Bosh can't be the leading 3 point taker in a team.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball