Miami Heat Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Miami Heat Thread

Postby NovU on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:58 am

Wade didn't sign a fatter and longer contract because he can get a huge contract once more after proving he's still one of the best in the league. There's good motivation for him this season without LBJ and I believe in him. He'll lead the Heat to the Finals for the fifth straight time. QMIJ or not.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 am

You expect a 32 year old guy who's knees are pretty much fucked up to hit his prime again.
How is he supposed to do this? Sprinkle some fairy dust on the inside of his knee pads?
This IS his last big contract as a NBA player.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Kevin on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:41 am

Poor NovU. You put too much trust in Wade. :cry:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby NovU on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:55 am

Andrew wrote:Better than the pre-LeBron Heat? I would say so, definitely.

I hope so. That pre-LBJ Heat team won 47 games that season so I think 50 wins ceiling is reasonable if Wade and everyone plays hard and through injuries.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:44 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:
Sauru wrote:i guess thats his fault for trusting in lebron?

So did Bosh. And look what he got.

well bosh was in a better situation than wade. he knew he was getting a max deal if he wanted it but everyone knows that wade is hurting and on a big time decline. no real risk for bosh to opt out but it was risky for wade
Sauru

Postby NovU on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:10 am

Wade's not a money firster for sure. He never took or demanded max that he could get in his career but took willingly less constantly so the team could accommodate better talent. Kinda rare these days. And he gave up a lot this time by opting out, a LOT.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:17 am

What was the market value for wade?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Kevin on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:37 am

$1.00
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby _Steve_ on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:44 am

Maybe he's worth marginally more than the 15.5 mio per year, but his health issues prevent him from being a max player.
But if it would have been my decision, Kobe would earn less too.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 am

Players like Wade is a game changer for a franchise. Practically the Heat won 3 championships by drafting him. Probably 1 more to come in next season.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Mandich on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 am

NovU wrote: Probably 1 more to come in next season.

This is why I consider Heat fans a joke.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby NovU on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:16 am

We're even then.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:49 am

_Steve_ wrote:Maybe he's worth marginally more than the 15.5 mio per year, but his health issues prevent him from being a max player.
But if it would have been my decision, Kobe

I think it is nonsense this talk of wade took less money so he can get a bigger contract next year. He thought lebron was staying and was left screwing the pooch. He knows he got bent over. Those lebron is now my favorite player to play against comments.... u mad?

No other team would have offered him the current contract and is even more nonsense if you think he will get a bigger contract at the age of 34
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 am

Second year is player option. He could opt out for a bigger contract if he wants next season.

You realize how much money he could have gotten more by opting in right? Wade is in the league of Duncan when it comes to team first mentality. It's a rarity now days.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:52 pm

NovU wrote:Second year is player option. He could opt out for a bigger contract if he wants next season.

You realize how much money he could have gotten more by opting in right? Wade is in the league of Duncan when it comes to team first mentality. It's a rarity now days.

he did it only because he though lebron was staying. if he knew lebron was leaving there is no way he would have opted out for less. he got screwed, what he did was not for the franchise but for him. he wanted more rings so he did his part and lebron still bolted
Sauru

Postby NovU on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Persuading LBJ was also for the franchise. He got screwed indeed. Even the franchise wasn't nice enough to give him his contract back. His loss is 10 million. It was said to be bigger if LBJ opted in. That is a rarity now days in this league in all angles.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:24 pm

After LeBron announced his return to Cleveland, I thought that Wade might get some kind of Kobe-like loyalty contract above his open market value; perhaps not as large as Kobe's deal, but higher than what Wade ultimately received. Bosh's big contract more or less put...well, put the kibosh on that possibility.

To that end, I can only assume that the plan definitely is to make Bosh "The Man" and keep Wade in more of a sidekick/facilitator role. It remains to be seen whether Bosh is able to live up to that role - he'll at least have a better team around him than he did in Toronto - but with Wade's health, it seems like the safer route in the wake of LeBron's departure.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Andrew wrote:After LeBron announced his return to Cleveland, I thought that Wade might get some kind of Kobe-like loyalty contract above his open market value; perhaps not as large as Kobe's deal, but higher than what Wade ultimately received. Bosh's big contract more or less put...well, put the kibosh on that possibility.

To that end, I can only assume that the plan definitely is to make Bosh "The Man" and keep Wade in more of a sidekick/facilitator role. It remains to be seen whether Bosh is able to live up to that role - he'll at least have a better team around him than he did in Toronto - but with Wade's health, it seems like the safer route in the wake of LeBron's departure.

once lebron left i figured bosh was going also and then miami was going to take good care of wade at that point but like you said, bosh stayed and kind of screwed it all up for wade.
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Keep saying it's a "team first" mentality/rarity these days over him being screwed out of money because he thought Lebron would be back. That'll convince everyone. (Y)
Jackal

Postby Martti. on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:14 am

I'm still optimistic about this season. Yeah, we lost the best player in the game, but we added Luol Deng, who is a 2-time All-Star, an excellent perimeter defender and a great person. We also got Granger, McRoberts and Napier. We kept Wade, Bosh and Birdman. For some unknown reason, we re-signed Chalmers who stunk it up in the Playoffs. Norris Cole should be starting at point already and I believe Napier can be a good back-up, we don't need Chalmers. And he makes 4M?

I'm not expecting a championship, but I am hoping for a Top 4 seed. Cleveland and Chicago are 1 and 2 (not sure in which order), but there's Washington, Miami, Charlotte and Toronto right behind them (about 15 less win then the top 2).
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Mandich on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:17 am

Martti. wrote: an excellent perimeter defender and a great person.

I don't see how that's relevant.

We also got Granger,

Granger is a washed up player. I really don't believe he will make a difference on the roster.

Top 4 seed

Well, I can see it happening. Then again, it really all depens on the health of certain players.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 am

Martti. wrote:Luol Deng, who is a 2-time All-Star, an excellent perimeter defender and a great person

I dunno about that since he's got some African in him and I don't say that in a bad way.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Ah, busy Heat thread, I always like like.

http://netsdailynews.com/2014/09/07/is- ... -to-miami/

What you guys think of this? Pinoy on the Heat team, will you NLSC pinoy federation finally root for the Heat?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Good, so Spoelstra can teach him how to play defense.
It's good for the Philippine team too since the Heat will never play past early May or 2nd round of the playoffs giving Blatche more time to rest and be with the team.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:20 am

:lol: 0-4 start.

What a mess. Spo is still experimenting rotation. But is heavily shorthanded and tried playing Danny Granger at 4 :lol: you kidding me?

McRoberts is doubtful for season opener and is yet to play with his new team and Justin Hamilton who is out of rotation player is the sole 7 footer on the team. Contrast to belief, perimeter defense seems to be a bigger issue and the team looks lost on both ends. There just is no continuity or consistency anywhere with this team at the moment.

Tell me is this a good time to get off the Heat wagon? :shake:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball