Jason Kidd

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Jason Kidd

Postby Matthew on Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:40 pm

Will Jason Kidd be a Net next year? Or will he leave? I'm starting to think he will stay. Or will he goto San Antonio? Man, this is sticky and there seems to be a fair few question marks. For example If he goes to San Antonio, what happens to Tony Parker? Keep him or trade him? Play him alongside Kidd or behind him? Can he play productively alongside Kidd? Etc etc.

I think he'll stay, but then again I thought Shaq would stay in L.A. and Chris Webber would leave Sacramento.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:05 pm

I think he'll likely stay in New Jersey. He's certainly changed the fortunes of the Nets - though they aren't missing key players due to injury as they were back in 2000/2001, the season before the Kidd trade, which is another reason for their improvement - and in the East, a trip to the Finals is much easier to come by. Naturally, he would strengthen the Spurs, paired up with Tim Duncan, but he's in a pretty good situation in New Jersey.

If he was to go to San Antonio though...it might be in a sign and trade deal, in which case Parker would likely be someone New Jersey would be interested in. If Kidd went to SA, I would expect Parker to be moved. But I think he'll stay put in NJ...for now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:12 pm

Yeah I didn't think about a sign and trade. But would it be better to trade Parker for a draft pick just like L.A. did after they signed Shaq, they traded Divac for Kobe.

As for the situation in New Jersey, I don't know. It's fairly good, but is he truely happy there? There are alot of factors, and I think if New Jersey don't get to at least the conference finals, he'll pack up and leave becuase he has the opportunity to goto a contendor.
Matthew

Postby Rens on Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:56 pm

Shaq did stay in LA. I'm thinking Kidd would be really tempted to go to SA, but hasn't made up his mind yet. I read that some Nets' guy said he thought it was probably less than 50-50 now while it used to be 80-20 of Kidd staying.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby benji on Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:58 am

If Kidd wants to win it all = goes to San Antonio
If Kidd wants to continue individual accolades, but never win it all = stays in New Jersey

We already discussed how Kidd and Parker would work in the Payton/Allen thread by Pabel...but after thinking about it...Payton would be a better fit in San Antonio...

Kidd wouldn't go to San Antonio in a sign-and-trade...I don't know why he would...why would San Antonio give up key parts of it's franchise when it can get him for just the $$$?

Of course, as we all know...if one of these elite Guards go to San Antonio, along with Kandi...the Spurs are the favorites to win the title...
benji

Postby Matthew on Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:12 am

Sorry I meant to say "Shaq would stay in Orlando"
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:13 pm

Kidd wouldn't go to San Antonio in a sign-and-trade...I don't know why he would...why would San Antonio give up key parts of it's franchise when it can get him for just the $$$?

They wouldn't, but I expect New Jersey would want to get something in return rather than just letting him walk. Since Shaq went to LA back in 1996, most (admittedly not all) of the big free agents are involved in sign and trade deals.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Rens on Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:31 pm

New Jersey would have nothing to say about that.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:37 pm

Of course, they can't stop Kidd from simply signing elsewhere. But they would probably hope Kidd would accept a sign and trade as Hill did with the Pistons back in 2000, so they could get something from return. It would be up to Kidd, yes, but I'm sure New Jersey would prefer to get something in return.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:30 am

kidd will resign with the nets, he's got that team where it is. also he's developed jefferson the same way he did marion and got kerry kittles out of his shell. as for him playing for the spurs next season, with him at the 2 and parker at point. that just will not work both players are passer and need the ball in there hands as much as possible. it might work with payton and cassell coz they are score first pass second pg's + the spurs would also be mad if they were thinking of trading tony parker
mp3

Postby benji on Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:15 am

mp3 wrote:kidd will resign with the nets, he's got that team where it is. also he's developed jefferson the same way he did marion and got kerry kittles out of his shell. as for him playing for the spurs next season, with him at the 2 and parker at point. that just will not work both players are passer and need the ball in there hands as much as possible. it might work with payton and cassell coz they are score first pass second pg's + the spurs would also be mad if they were thinking of trading tony parker

Parker isn't a passer :roll:

The Magic had to trade Wallace and Atkins in order to fit both Hill and McGrady...
benji

Postby mp3 on Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:00 am

Fwark wrote:The Magic had to trade Wallace and Atkins in order to fit both Hill and McGrady...

your point?

www.hoopstuff.co.uk

Last edited by mp3 on Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mp3

Postby Clinton on Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:58 am

The Magic had to trade Wallace and Atkins in order to fit both Hill and McGrady...

How much would the Magic want that one back? I think they would prefer to have a big man with the defense of Wallace rather than Hill at the moment.
Clinton

Postby mp3 on Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:37 am

i bet they would, that the gamble they took. thats why the spurs should not trade parker

www.hoopstuff.co.uk

Last edited by mp3 on Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:58 am

mp3 wrote:
Fwark wrote:The Magic had to trade Wallace and Atkins in order to fit both Hill and McGrady...

your point?

sorry, i had just got in from work when i wrote it and didnt see what you were getting out. i do now (thanks clinton)

www.hoopstuff.co.uk

Last edited by mp3 on Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mp3

Postby benji on Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:50 am

I meant they had to trade those players in order to create the cap space...
benji

Postby mp3 on Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:07 pm

Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Boyk on Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:40 pm

Anyone who says today's NBA is faster than it was in the 1960s needs to be beaten with a stick...

and u were around to watch games in the 60's???
damn, how old are you!?
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Rens on Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:00 am

Were you around in the 60s? Don't think so, so how are you going to say it's not so?
Rens

Return to NBA & Basketball