Kobe 4 MVP!

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

K8 4 MVP?

No hope
30%
Hell yeah
51%
Not just this season- it's just the beggining! K8 for MVP for the next 10 seasons!
19%

Total votes : 43

Postby . on Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:10 am

same here^^

Postby magius on Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:53 am

kobe for mvp? please. He's not even the mvp of his own team!! shaq is! the only reason he got hot is because shaq came back and forced teams to play him one on one!! hell, marbury and iverson would be scoring 50 per if all the teams played them 1 on 1. And the one game that shaq was not there @ houston, u dont really expect mini-sized mobley or francis to stop 6'7 kobe do you?!

You guys also fail to notice that Tmacs supporting cast is/was purely a perimiter threat with Miller/Garrity. Maybe that'll change with gooden scoring inside though, thus the 52 points. Tmac gets 31 points per, even though he is the MAIN priority of the opposing defense, kobe gets his point because the other teams defense is distracted by shaq. Not to say kobe won't get at least 28 per without shaq, but it'll be more difficult and to the expense of his teamates as we saw earlier in the season.

tmac and kobe will probably not get the mvp this year though, even though I'd really like tmac to get it. Garnett or duncan probably deserve it. Its amazing what duncan has done with a bunch of nobodys, if any of you have ever watched a spur game it is automatically apparent that the team dies when duncan sits. Same thing with Garnett. They deserve the mvp because they are not only individually good, BUT they make their teammates better too. If your counting by statistics alone, kobe or tmac might win, but if you actually watch the games and see how the players change the players around them, you'd know better. That is why players like Magic and Bird and Jordan and Wilt were great, and others like malone or ewing are just good.
magius

Postby scubilete on Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:04 am

That is why players like Magic and Bird and Jordan and Wilt were great, and others like malone or ewing are just good.

No, all of them are great. If Malone & Ewing were just good, they wouldn't have been chosen as part of the 50 greatest in the history. Not only there's not enough rings for everyone but there's not enough MVPs for everyone either.

kobe for mvp? please. He's not even the mvp of his own team!

People believe he is, and if you check, most of them have names like Kobe 4 life, Will K8, K8, etc. So they will be really angry if you disagree with those statements, lol.
scubilete

Postby magius on Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:10 am

hey, everyone has their own opinion :D at least i didnt just say kobe sucks!!.... cuz he doesnt :cool: i just dont think he's as good as some fanatics like to think.

I guess u could argue malone and ewing are great, but i dont think they belong in exact same category as bird or magic. I might be a bit bias cuz i just plain dont like malone though :D but i think stockton is more valuable than he ever was to the jazz. And ewing to me was just dissapointing :D they're good on paper, but they dont seem to truly change the game like magic, bird, or jordan did

and furthermore, one more reason you can't argue by saying look at his statistics, his fg%, or his ppg........... just look at shareef 20+ and 8 are hardly slack. Look at glenn robinson. Look at paul pierce even!! They're good individual players i give 'em that, but in my opinion... to be labelled great you have to help your teammates more than you help yourself because it dont matter if you score 50 per a game or 60, it usally takes 90-100 to win a game. it doesnt matter how many "numbers" you get, As long as you are the MAIN and ONLY reason your team even has the chance to win.

kobe may be A reason the lakers have chances to win a championship, but to me, shaq is the MAIN reason.

i'm not a kobe hater...... i'm just not a kobe lover :cool:
magius

Postby scubilete on Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:26 am

Regarding Ewing & Malone, I do agree they were not as good as the innovators. Malone was a machine back in the 80's and Ewing brought good moments to the Knicks tho, that's why I stated that.

Regarding Kobe, I was just kidding, I know everyone has their own opinion, but I was just looking at the very first post of the thread, who I believe is the one who made it. He's calling stupid to whoever who thinks Kobe is not the MVP, isn't that over the limit, :lol: . He's insulting anyone who believes someone else is the MVP.

I'm a Lakers fan & I like Kobe for being a Laker, but I still believe the main guy there is Shaq, cause I don't see the Lakers getting anywhere without him. Obviously Kobe doesn't miss games, but he's playing hurt, he will miss some sooner or later and then we can compare. I just respect way too much Shaquille, who might not get his MVP but he's still the most powerful player in the league, and the only one who can guarantee you a championship. Cause that's what he does.

The Lakers got him to guarantee few championships, and so far he has gotten 3 with 3 MVP Finals, that's where I would like to see Kobe, getting MVP in the finals meaning he stepped up for the Lakers.
scubilete

Postby magius on Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:07 pm

hehe, yeah i was pretty sure you were joking, but i just wanted to clarify that i wasnt bashing kobe :cool: he's good, but not that good :lol: you know a players pretty special when you never ever want that player to have the ball in the last minute of a tied game :shock: .... shaq should've won more mvps in my book, he changes the game in every way.... put him in denver and they'll make the playoffs :cool:

in the end, mvp seems an almost hollow thing compared to winning a championship..... thats the real mvp cuz a player can only be judged by his team :lol:

go Orlando and Sacramento!! whoohoo bibby!! stop the devil lakers monopoly!!! whooohoooooo :cool:
magius

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball