Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Stevesanity on Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:13 pm

Kbryant8 wrote:LOL
This is a SHIT talk(KOBE IS CRAP PLAPLAPLA)
he IS the best SG ever,yea he has a LARGE ego but oh well he all STARS have that same problem.
But he is one of the best players who have ever play`d that game.
If LA can`t win then it`s Kobe`s fault yeah?bullshit.
Clippers are going down :wink:

Kobe is good but not good enough to be referred to as the best SG ever. Plus I think he still has alot to proove before he's recognised as one of the best ever in the league.

I predict a big game by Kobe but the Clippers will have the last laugh, this will be the first time I go to a Clippers-Lakers game with us as favourites. :cry: :x :D
Signature Thanks to My Crappy Photoshop Skills :crazy:
Stevesanity

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:03 pm

Kobe Bryant is by no means, the best SG in history. Maybe the best today, but not better than Michael Jordan.

And Stevesanity, finally LA has a basketball rivalry where it will be exciting and the Clippers are actually good! (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby magius on Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:16 pm

beau_boy04 wrote:magius, you are really really putting kobe down. He might not be the best SG ever but he will definitely be one of the top SG ever in history and maybe when everything is said and done he might be considered by many as the second best SG ever behind MJ of course.

reread please:
"he will not put up legendary numbers, he will never be the best shooting guard ever, he will never be the best player in the league, he will never win another championship, don't ever mention his name in the same paragraph as michael jordans - its blasphemy. quote me. "

i never said he'd never be one of the top sg in history. he might become the second best, but even if he did, i believe theres still a huge (and by huge i mean rosie o'donell's ass huge) gap between him and mj. i think he will be in the top 50 greatest players ever list, but no way he should break top 10 or even 20. not a bad thing, just what i believe.
Just the way you talk about Kobe is repugnant but anyways at least he's a NBA superstar and millionarie (something most of guys will never become)

of course its repugnant to you since you don't agree with me. we are all for the better part disgusted by statements we don't benefit from. deal with it.

what does him being an nba superstar and millionare have to do with anything? i never once attacked his personality, because i dont know him, of course i have my beliefs on his personal life, but i couldnt give a shit less. would it be fair of me to say that at least im not a rapist? or how about at least my relationship isnt worth a little less than the value of a diamond ring? and for all you know i could be a millionare.
Miracles could happend and now they have Phil Jackson and they could work some magic next year or maybe eve at the end of this season.

agreed. a miracle would be making the playoffs. they havent even created a word to define the chances of the lakers winning the championship..... because they're just that good.

LOL
This is a SHIT talk(KOBE IS CRAP PLAPLAPLA)
he IS the best SG ever,yea he has a LARGE ego but oh well he all STARS have that same problem.
But he is one of the best players who have ever play`d that game.
If LA can`t win then it`s Kobe`s fault yeah?bullshit.
Clippers are going down

if la wins kobes the shit, if la loses it isnt his fault. okay, i get it. thanks for clearing that up. no he all stars dont have that same problem.

i really dont feel anything for either the clips or lakers so i'll either be neutral or slightly leaning towards the lakers.... or clippers. heh.
magius

Postby Kbryant8 on Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:11 am

K0be4mvp wrote:I dont believe in those excuses. And wasnt it his wrist instead of the finger?
If his injury effects his jumpshots so much, then why wont he just drive to the rim? Believe me, I watched Kobe play many years and he is on his best if he goes to the rim instead of shooting jumpshots.

He injured finger not hes wrist :wink:
Last edited by Kbryant8 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
LA LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPS!!!
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby bludgeon on Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:02 pm

K0be4mvp wrote:I dont believe in those excuses. And wasnt it his wrist instead of the finger?
If his injury effects his jumpshots so much, then why wont he just drive to the rim? Believe me, I watched Kobe play many years and he is on his best if he goes to the rim instead of shooting jumpshots.

Yeah, driving to the hoop is more accurate
so everyone should just drive the lane and jumpshots should be banned in the game right? Not really. Driving to the hoop is harder, demends more vigor and often causes injuries.
If driving to the rim was as easy as cake every shot in a game should be layups or so. BTW, attacking the rim brings some highlights, but it looks retarded when everyone is driving out there. :lol:
bludgeon

Postby Drex on Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:47 am

Actually, it doesn't. And if Kobe has an injured finger/wrist, it will affect his jumpshot a lot more than his layups/dunks.
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby . on Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:24 am

bludgeon wrote:

so everyone should just drive the lane and jumpshots should be banned in the game right? Not really. Driving to the hoop is harder, demends more vigor and often causes injuries.
If driving to the rim was as easy as cake every shot in a game should be layups or so. BTW, attacking the rim brings some highlights, but it looks retarded when everyone is driving out there. :lol:

Im not talking about everyone, Im talking about Kobe Bryant. He is one of those players that can be unstopable going to the lane. He can draw alot of fouls and get 15 Fts a game like that. Like I said, Ive seen him do that before......so why not now?

Postby Matt on Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:53 pm

I officially hereby label Kwame Brown a bust.

a season high of 10 points, yay! averages 6 & 6, shoots just 42% (41% from FT line) and he's got no offensive moves, can't play defense, isn't aggressive and averages 4 fouls per game.

Screw Brown, stick Bynum in.
Matt

Postby Flasher on Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:45 pm

It's sad when Mihm and a 17 year old kid is playing better than you...
Flasher

Postby brad feet on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:12 pm

Matt wrote:I officially hereby label Kwame Brown a bust.

a season high of 10 points, yay! averages 6 & 6, shoots just 42% (41% from FT line) and he's got no offensive moves, can't play defense, isn't aggressive and averages 4 fouls per game.

i agree..... i was listening to the radio live streamed broadcast and all i heard was about how horrible kwame played against brand and kaman in the first half (i dont know if it was really that bad though coz i really didn't see it) ..... but when he got injured, and cook replaced him, things got going for the lakers a bit...... and odom got it going too..... until kobe went nuts again in the closing minutes..... damn.... this is really pissing me off........
brad feet

Postby Fenix on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:26 pm

I really like Bynum so far. OK, I have seen only about 20 minutes of him playing, but he doesn't look like a HS rooking learning the triangle should look like - totally lost. He has lapses when he doesn't know where exactly his position should be, but he plays D and has an extremely solid foundation for further development of post moves. He also showed a solid 7'-7'1'' frame on which he could easily pack 290-300 pounds of muscles. And have seen length of those arms? This kid has it all and could very well develop into a All-Star down the road. I predict that he'll get more minutes till the season's end.
"Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team." (Scottie Pippen, #33)
Fenix
There's no I in threesome

Postby J@3 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:32 pm

I think he's only played about 20 minutes all season.

Edit: Or 40, stupid adsl speed cap stopping me from researching properly :x
J@3

Postby Matthew on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:41 pm

Matt wrote:I officially hereby label Kwame Brown a bust.

But Darko isnt a bust? Be patient. Kwame is in a new system with one of the best coaches in the history of the game at drawing talent out of underachievers. If he does come around, the Lakers have the missing peice to the puzzle.

But as for laker busts, ive been more disapointed with Lamar Odom this season than anyone else. He has to play like he did in Miami for the Lakers to be effective unless if Kwame develops.

As for the Kobe debate, I will say this: theres ignorance on both sides.

The Kobe fan will praise him to no end when the lakers are playing well. When they lose, its not his fault.

The Kobe hater will criticise him no matter what. Even when they were racking up championships he was being hated.

Kobe has a legitimate chance of passing jordan as the best to ever play the game. But he needs to snap out of this funk and get his team and take them to the playoffs. Think back to what iverson did last season before webber joined the sixers. Kobe has to do that at the very least to not tarnish his legacy (i know that sounds harsh, but if you want to be the best of all time, you have some pretty big standards to live upto)
Matthew

Postby Fenix on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:44 pm

Jae wrote:I think he's only played about 20 minutes all season.

Edit: Or 40, stupid adsl speed cap stopping me from researching properly :x

27 (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrew_bynum/index.html). But that will come along.
"Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team." (Scottie Pippen, #33)
Fenix

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:49 pm

Daily News wrote:Odom's role up for debate

LOS ANGELES - From the day he came back as the Lakers coach in June, Phil Jackson talked about playing forward Lamar Odom in the backcourt and reprising the role Scottie Pippen once played for Jackson's championship Chicago Bulls teams in the 1990s.

Jackson then took things a step further for training camp, flying Pippen to Hawaii for two weeks to serve as Odom's tutor in the triangle offense.

But only eight games into the season, Jackson said Wednesday he has considered moving Odom out of the backcourt and might make the change during this five-game homestand. The Lakers sputtered on offense at the end of their recent trip.

"If he does, I don't feel like I lost," Odom said. "I don't feel like I did a bad job or anything like that. It's just what it is."

The question of where to play the 6-foot-10 Odom has long posed a quandary for coaches. Jackson could shift Odom to the wing, a move that would require Kobe Bryant to return to the backcourt. Bryant entered Tuesday averaging 29.9 points at the wing.

"If we have to do it, we'll

certainly do it," Jackson said of moving Bryant.

Jackson also could move Odom to power forward, a position that would require him to bang with the likes of Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan in the Western Conference.

What that would mean for Kwame Brown or Chris Mihm remains to be seen. The Lakers also would have to find somebody to play in the backcourt if they don't want to move Bryant from wing, possibly Laron Profit or Luke Walton.

Jackson was asked if a dozen games into the season was too soon to give up on the Odom experiment. He noted that Odom will have played about 20 games by then, counting the exhibition season, and that he always has planned to evaluate the entire team around Thanksgiving.

- Seems like Jax might have to give up on moulding Odom into a Scottie type guy just now and move him into the post since Kwame isn't producing much... damn.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Matthew on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:53 pm

Where did Phil Jackson say he would move Lamar into a post option? He said its a possibility, but I'd rather see kobe go into the post. He has the fadeaway, strength and basketball iq to be just as (if not more effective) then being on the perimeter.
Matthew

Postby Fenix on Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:10 pm

Exactly. He is saying that he could move him back to the forward position, which is currently played by KB. Bryant would once again became the fascilator. God, let the trade for KG happen.
Fenix

Postby magius on Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:37 pm

Kobe has a legitimate chance of passing jordan as the best to ever play the game. But he needs to snap out of this funk and get his team and take them to the playoffs. Think back to what iverson did last season before webber joined the sixers. Kobe has to do that at the very least to not tarnish his legacy (i know that sounds harsh, but if you want to be the best of all time, you have some pretty big standards to live upto)

if by legitimate you mean no chance in hell then i agree. he's not even the best player of his generation.... that goes to td then kg and borderline shaq (since he's a little older and his prime could be considered the prior generation). in fact, i think iverson is the best shooting guard of that generation. if eligible, kobe wouldn't even be the best player of the next generation which would go to lebron, amare, wade, among others. thoughts combining kobe and the words best ever is a surefire diagnosis of dire hallucination.

the difference between darko and kwame: kwame has been in the league 5 years and has learned nothing even when given a starting roll and playing time. darko has been given neither, and though you can make a case he doesnt deserve it, he's still younger. regardless, i mean, at exactly what age does it become a given that this kid is a bust? chucky atkins and caron butler for kwame brown?! ouch, mitch kupsuck, ouch. hell, you can't even make an economical case for such sheer stupidity. so what is that now? the amazing dissapearing lamar odom, the invisible waste of space kwame brown, and the dinosaur brian grant for superman shaq? unbe-fucking-leivable, can you spell owned?

anyway, another thought, lamar odom.... this guy is an enigma, you feel like he can pretty much do anything he wants if he wanted.... but half the time he doesnt. its pretty frustrating seeing him waste it. between kwame brown and lamar odom i now completely understand why teams would or should hire pyschologists to analyze draft prospects. at this point, based on how they play right now, i'd rather have battier than odom, and battier is far less talented. hey, wierd coincidence, jerry west drafted battier.... and jerry west used to be the laker gm, and when he left mitch suckadick acquired odom..... then brown..... hell, between odom, brown, mitch, mihm, kobe, and "dr." phil jackson you have a perfect psych case study right there. it all makes sense now.
magius

Postby Kbryant8 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:12 pm

magius wrote:

if by legitimate you mean no chance in hell then i agree. he's not even the best player of his generation.... that goes to td then kg and borderline shaq (since he's a little older and his prime could be considered the prior generation). in fact, i think iverson is the best shooting guard of that generation. if eligible, kobe wouldn't even be the best player of the next generation which would go to lebron, amare, wade, among others. thoughts combining kobe and the words best ever is a surefire diagnosis of dire hallucination.

the difference between darko and kwame: kwame has been in the league 5 years and has learned nothing even when given a starting roll and playing time. darko has been given neither, and though you can make a case he doesnt deserve it, he's still younger. regardless, i mean, at exactly what age does it become a given that this kid is a bust? chucky atkins and caron butler for kwame brown?! ouch, mitch kupsuck, ouch. hell, you can't even make an economical case for such sheer stupidity. so what is that now? the amazing dissapearing lamar odom, the invisible waste of space kwame brown, and the dinosaur brian grant for superman shaq? unbe-fucking-leivable, can you spell owned?

anyway, another thought, lamar odom.... this guy is an enigma, you feel like he can pretty much do anything he wants if he wanted.... but half the time he doesnt. its pretty frustrating seeing him waste it. between kwame brown and lamar odom i now completely understand why teams would or should hire pyschologists to analyze draft prospects. at this point, based on how they play right now, i'd rather have battier than odom, and battier is far less talented. hey, wierd coincidence, jerry west drafted battier.... and jerry west used to be the laker gm, and when he left mitch suckadick acquired odom..... then brown..... hell, between odom, brown, mitch, mihm, kobe, and "dr." phil jackson you have a perfect psych case study right there. it all makes sense now.

I dont need to write fuckin 2000 words here
I think you are just one of those kobe haters who make jokes like ``hes rape rating should be like 99`` :lol:
Kobe is a good player and smarter guys than u will say a lot different words than you do.
But oh well,keep it up,mr pointless.
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby magius on Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:20 pm

quick question.... are you even capable of writing 2000 words? how about 200? 20? 2? 0.2? can you even speak?

i love you too.
magius

Postby Kbryant8 on Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:28 am

magius wrote:quick question.... are you even capable of writing 2000 words? how about 200? 20? 2? 0.2? can you even speak?

i love you too.

Have i ever said that i can write 2000 words?
no.
So you are just one of them, a idiot if i say right :wink:
YEa my english isn`t good cause it`s not my home language but i don`t talk BULLSHITTTTT like you do here.
So fuck u and have a nice day :wink:
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby Jackal on Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:41 am

Calm down Kobe Bryant, everyones allowed to voice their opinion, you too, just don't get nasty about it when you can't debate him. Just keep mum then.
Jackal

Postby J@3 on Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:46 am

Kbryant8 wrote:
magius wrote:quick question.... are you even capable of writing 2000 words? how about 200? 20? 2? 0.2? can you even speak?

i love you too.

Have i ever said that i can write 2000 words?
no.
So you are just one of them, a idiot if i say right :wink:
YEa my english isn`t good cause it`s not my home language but i don`t talk BULLSHITTTTT like you do here.
So fuck u and have a nice day :wink:

You seem very familiar...
J@3

Postby bludgeon on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:17 am

K0be4mvp wrote:
bludgeon wrote:

Im not talking about everyone, Im talking about Kobe Bryant. He is one of those players that can be unstopable going to the lane. He can draw alot of fouls and get 15 Fts a game like that. Like I said, Ive seen him do that before......so why not now?

Comon man, I just wanted to show that driving to the lane isnt that easy otherwise everyone simply drive and score in a game. Even it's kobe, I dun think he can play 40+plus minutes a game and stay healthy if he keeps driving to the lane. The fadeaway Js were some easy points for him so he still intend to play in this way when injured. That's how he can play enough minute to carry his team. He has to get pass a defender or two and there is contacts waiting for him when driving to the lane. So its reasonable for him to pull up jumpers outside.
Its another task when we talk about his shot decision though. =P
bludgeon

Postby Matt on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:28 am

But Darko isnt a bust? Be patient. Kwame is in a new system with one of the best coaches in the history of the game at drawing talent out of underachievers. If he does come around, the Lakers have the missing peice to the puzzle.

I understand that he might have troubles offensively in a new system, but defensively he should be at least sound. He's not though, which leads me to believe he won't improve much, despite having plenty of chances in Washington with a thin front court. In LA it's the same situation, he's had some chances to step up given LA's offensive struggles but he didn't . He just doesn't play with intensity, gets called for silly fouls and just looks lost. He's been here since 2001 i believe? A PF with his wonderful gifts of size, quickness and height should be getting more than 6rpg. LeBron gets more boards than that.

Brown just doesn not look like a rotation player, let alone a starter. For his sake i hope he turns out good, but really he's on his last chance before fans give up totally on him. (meanwhile Caron Butler is lighting it up in Washington)
Matt

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball