Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Lavar in reality is a distraction from the real problem, nothing more or nothing less. I have a feeling people will somehow always find a way to put weight on any failure of Lonzo or Lakers upon Lavar or family issues. It's not as if Lavar has any power to influence Lakers organizations decision. As for family issues, I really see no problem there neither. He's a typical old fashioned strong father figure, might be bit stuck up and egoistic but at the end of the day, he has been a good guidance and father for his sons and been successful as a business man allowing him to provide for his family. Looking out in the best interest of his son is a nice thing regardless what media wants to portrait it as. This media hate hype is just stupid. Wade's mom was druggy, lived without dad, LeBron same. Lonzo's from a perfectly healthy family with family oriented father. Lavar rather should be applauded for raising his kid right.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:04 am

so what's the real problem? the kardashians?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 am

It's coming, in series. Starting with new max player in town next season.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm

NovU wrote: Lonzo's from a perfectly healthy family with family oriented father. Lavar rather should be applauded for raising his kid right.

i continue to say how well lavar has done. the man is getting all 3 of his kids paid and he helped hype his son all the way to the second pick in the nba draft. the man may be loud and annoying but he did he job as a father
Sauru

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 am

Was talking to my friend about the shaq Kobe interview and how great it was to take a trip down memory lane. Made me think of all my favorite Lakers through the years:

1. Magic Johnson
2. Lamar Odom
3. Eddie Jones
4. Caron Butler
5. Byron Scott
6. Kobe
7. Slava Medvedenko
8. Nick Van Exel
9. Shaq
10. Glen Rice

Honorable mention: kuz, Randle, Clarkson, metta, ariza, barnes, AC, Kareem, wilt, Payton (would be top 10 if he stayed longer), Nash, peeler
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:22 am

No love for Cedric Ceballos?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:27 am

Mike Penberthy > Lonzo Ball
Mark Madsen > Randle/Kuzma
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Andrew wrote:No love for Cedric Ceballos?

Eh, he was okay. Not one of my favorites. I did like penberthy though.

Ah shit I forgot Lin played for the Lakers. He'd be an honorable mention. Higher if he played more. They were dicking him around in his contract Year starting Ronnie price over him. Almost as bad as starting / playing ennis this year over anyone or Clarkson
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby dwayne2005 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:42 am

Interesting fact on Isaiah Thomas. Right next to Isaiah's 40% from the field and 30% from the 3 point range, he is currently the second highest scorer on the Lakers by True Shooting Percentage courtesy of his free throw streak and knack for getting to the foul line. He is currently at 56.2% (13.2 PPG).

Players better than him: Josh Hart 58.3% (6.6 PPG), the traded Larry Nance Jr. 61.8% (8.6 PPG), Ivica Zubac 63.1% (3.3 PPG) and Andrew Bogut 69.6% (1.5 PPG). There is only one other double figure scorer higher than Isaiah Thomas right now and that is Julius Randle at 60.1% (14.8 PPG). Jordan Clarkson was at 53.2% (14.5 PPG).

So his present shooting form actually isn't that bad! He isn't that disastrous right now. Even during his stint at Cleveland, he had a TS% of 49.3%, which didn't reach Kobe Bryant levels of 46.9%.

5 games is too small a pool to draw conclusions from andit seems others are playing better than him at this stretch, so I don't think you can consider him starter worthy yet. Right now, he is probably average between 4th and 6th best player on court. But even if he starts missing at the line, there are potential indications his shooting percentages are on the rise. His turnovers are coming down, too; last game going 1 turnover from 5 assists.
dwayne2005

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:56 am

dwayne2005 wrote:Interesting fact on Isaiah Thomas. Right next to Isaiah's 40% from the field and 30% from the 3 point range, he is currently the second highest scorer on the Lakers by True Shooting Percentage courtesy of his free throw streak and knack for getting to the foul line. He is currently at 56.2% (13.2 PPG).

Players better than him: Josh Hart 58.3% (6.6 PPG), the traded Larry Nance Jr. 61.8% (8.6 PPG), Ivica Zubac 63.1% (3.3 PPG) and Andrew Bogut 69.6% (1.5 PPG). There is only one other double figure scorer higher than Isaiah Thomas right now and that is Julius Randle at 60.1% (14.8 PPG). Jordan Clarkson was at 53.2% (14.5 PPG).

So his present shooting form actually isn't that bad! He isn't that disastrous right now. Even during his stint at Cleveland, he had a TS% of 49.3%, which didn't reach Kobe Bryant levels of 46.9%.

5 games is too small a pool to draw conclusions from andit seems others are playing better than him at this stretch, so I don't think you can consider him starter worthy yet. Right now, he is probably average between 4th and 6th best player on court. But even if he starts missing at the line, there are potential indications his shooting percentages are on the rise. His turnovers are coming down, too; last game going 1 turnover from 5 assists.

He takes 3.5 free throws a game. His sweet spot is clearly 10-16 feet, where he's shooting .500% in his 6 games with the Lakers. (Which would be the second highest of his career)

I love Thomas, hes one of my favorite players, but he doesn't look right. Hopefully he can regain his form, but he certainly helps you guys on the second unit. He clearly has the confidence to shoot at a high volume when he is in, he just needs to shake off the rust (And get his body right).

So strange watching him in this role after watching him in Boston. Sometimes it hurts to see it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:11 am

He also winds up on the floor often on offense and defense so I don't know how beneficial it is to play 4 on 5
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:33 pm

[Q] wrote:Was talking to my friend about the shaq Kobe interview and how great it was to take a trip down memory lane. Made me think of all my favorite Lakers through the years:

1. Magic Johnson
2. Lamar Odom
3. Eddie Jones
4. Caron Butler
5. Byron Scott
6. Kobe
7. Slava Medvedenko
8. Nick Van Exel
9. Shaq
10. Glen Rice

Honorable mention: kuz, Randle, Clarkson, metta, ariza, barnes, AC, Kareem, wilt, Payton (would be top 10 if he stayed longer), Nash, peeler

rick fox is my favorite laker of all time
Sauru

Postby NovU on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 pm

Mitch Richmond and Payton Payton are two players I liked but hated the fact that they joined the Lakers.

I would have to go with Nick Van Exel and Edie Jones. Jeremy Lin too makes the candidate.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Sauru wrote:
[Q] wrote:Was talking to my friend about the shaq Kobe interview and how great it was to take a trip down memory lane. Made me think of all my favorite Lakers through the years:

1. Magic Johnson
2. Lamar Odom
3. Eddie Jones
4. Caron Butler
5. Byron Scott
6. Kobe
7. Slava Medvedenko
8. Nick Van Exel
9. Shaq
10. Glen Rice

Of course the long time Celtic. He definitely loses points in my book for that lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 pm

I still like Fox, he still said he bled green even when he was with the Lakers. He had some solid years in Boston.

My favorite Celtics off all time is probably Dee Brown. Lakers? Nick Van Exel.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby dwayne2005 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:19 am

Thomas's efficiency rose significantly in that game. Now up to 59%, just 3% less than his Top 5 MVP season. 3 point shooting shot up from 31% to 37% in just 1 game. While he was still between 4th and 6th best that night, maybe it is not coincidence: maybe people there are lifting their games beside him? (As opposed to LeBron James throwing a million miles per hour out of bounds passes and pass on wide open looks because he hated IT that much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnbuQBwltIk. At least two possessions there that one can make a case for point shaving from LeBron far more than IT bailing out of a 5 second closely guarded violation the other day that many don't seem to know exists.)
dwayne2005

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:16 am

dwayne2005 wrote:Thomas's efficiency rose significantly in that game. Now up to 59%, just 3% less than his Top 5 MVP season. 3 point shooting shot up from 31% to 37% in just 1 game. While he was still between 4th and 6th best that night, maybe it is not coincidence: maybe people there are lifting their games beside him? (As opposed to LeBron James throwing a million miles per hour out of bounds passes and pass on wide open looks because he hated IT that much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnbuQBwltIk. At least two possessions there that one can make a case for point shaving from LeBron far more than IT bailing out of a 5 second closely guarded violation the other day that many don't seem to know exists.)

Haha, this was really entertaining. So childish. Gotta love that LeBron help D.

Thanks for sharing. I've embedded it for those who don't want to be redirected to youtube.

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:44 am

[Q] wrote:
Sauru wrote:

1. Magic Johnson
2. Lamar Odom
3. Eddie Jones
4. Caron Butler
5. Byron Scott
6. Kobe
7. Slava Medvedenko
8. Nick Van Exel
9. Shaq
10. Glen Rice

Of course the long time Celtic. He definitely loses points in my book for that lol

I'm more surprised neither Lin or Sun made your list.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:23 am

As I mentioned I completely forgot Lin was even on the team as a one year rental. Because of the limited time he spent there he'd be an honorable mention
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 am

Already one game above last years total wins. Sucks Ingram won't be playing against the Spurs tonight due to the collision in Miami. That was a messed up play anyways, no need for it.

Some people were talking out their ass about Zo's defense but dude has been pretty damn impressive for a rookie. He was badgering the ball and had like 6 steals due to his constant ball hawking pressure. Dude just plays the right way, I like it.

I'm back on Julius Randle hill. If he's available for 15 million a year, I'd happily see him back. He makes some boneheaded plays but his motor has been revving since that slump in the beginning of the year. I wanted to see if he'd sustain it passed the all-star break and he's done just that. I hope he keeps it up, hopefully he isn't one of those guys that just plays with effort because it's a financial year.

He should also continue to develop his right hand and his 15-16 jumper, the few jumpers he's taken have been pretty good so switch it up a bit and he'll be even more serviceable.

Loving this young core, I miss Larry's defense but Zu & IT seem to have some decent chemistry on the PnR off the bench.

Hope "Jason" Hart recovers fully before the end of the season too, would like to see him back for the last few games if possible.

Best of luck to Brewer, hopefully he whispers sweet nothings to PG about the Lakers.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:39 am

I haven't seen the last couple of games but seeing highlights of Julius absolutely DOMINATING down low reminds me of the Shaq days. Theyre one of the top teams in scoring in the paint and I'd much rather see them score down there than jack up 3s. Ive said before I like Lonzo's D. it catches you off guard because players don't expect him to be so long (despite his height) and to hustle that hard.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:20 am

I was thinking the same thing during the last game. They showed his bucket chart and it was basically all inside except the first bucket. Last time someone played that much inside was Shaq, was reminded of his dominant bully ball too.

Did you see the Ball-Ingram-Kuzma wallpaper released by the Lakers? Just seeing them so front and center makes me so happy for the future. Biggest Ingram fan over here.
Jackal

Postby Kevin on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:45 am

Jackal, it's amazing how he's developed this year. From the "Travis Outlaw" comparison to now an almost all-star caliber small forward in years to come.

[Q], julius is a fucking cock-tease. He's so inconsistent sometimes its hard to root for him. You think we'll be paying him this summer?

Jackal, I'm actually surprised with Lonzo's defense. I thought he'd be riding the bench earlier this season because of his shooting slump but his defense earned him some minutes.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:55 am

Yes I agree, I would've liked them to have won more this year to have more to build on next year. Losing Clarkson was a bummer but it will be worth it if a superstar comes. Love Hart's hustle and shockingly zubac has been decent after his last stint in the g league
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:26 pm

[Q] wrote:Julius absolutely DOMINATING down low reminds me of the Shaq days.

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball