Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Is the preseason performance something to worry about?
It exposes the weakness of our bench. :applaud:
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby NovU on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:35 pm

THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Like A Boss on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:17 pm

LOL, LeBron James not being advance here but if Kobe Bryant, Nash, & Howard is not working (at least for now) what more if it is LeBron James.
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Blake_Bryant wrote:Is the preseason performance something to worry about?
It exposes the weakness of our bench. :applaud:

Eh, you know those guys.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Never say never, I suppose, but for now let's file it alongside the "LeBron could return to Cleveland" talk.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:29 am

Regarding the Lebron James news;

I have no doubt that NBA types think the Lakers will clear the financial decks in 2014 to be able to make a run at LeBron James. I just wonder why anyone finds it at all newsworthy that the Lakers will clear the financial decks in 2014 to be able to make a run at LeBron James. Every team is going to try and make a run at LeBron James in 2014. To not do so would be sports malpractice. So the Lakers, and the Bulls, and the Mavericks, and a few other high-profile teams (and don't kid yourselves; the Cavaliers would take him back in a nanosecond), and every other team that can clear the requisite cap room will be ready when and if James opts out of his Heat contract. In related news, the sun will rise tomorrow in the east, and set in the west.

Well said.

In other news; Dwight looked good in his first game as a Laker. Lots of passing, lots of alley-oops and watching guards being funneled in to him is pretty fun to watch.

I know I bitched about him being a drama queen, but I'm really glad he's a Laker. Just watching him actually sprint and not trot down the court is a pleasure to watch. I think this will be an enjoyable year to watch the Lakers, the offense doesn't look as stagnant as previous years.
Jackal

Postby koberulz on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 am

Mattan wrote:LOL, LeBron James not being advance here but if Kobe Bryant, Nash, & Howard is not working (at least for now) what more if it is LeBron James.

Kobe will be retired by then, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Nash is as well, and Howard may not be around even next season.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 am

I have no doubt that NBA types think the Lakers will clear the financial decks in 2014 to be able to make a run at LeBron James. I just wonder why anyone finds it at all newsworthy that the Lakers will clear the financial decks in 2014 to be able to make a run at LeBron James. Every team is going to try and make a run at LeBron James in 2014. To not do so would be sports malpractice. So the Lakers, and the Bulls, and the Mavericks, and a few other high-profile teams (and don't kid yourselves; the Cavaliers would take him back in a nanosecond), and every other team that can clear the requisite cap room will be ready when and if James opts out of his Heat contract. In related news, the sun will rise tomorrow in the east, and set in the west.

Well said indeed, though my guess is that he doesn't opt out.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Andrew wrote:

Well said indeed, though my guess is that he doesn't opt out.

I'm sure chances that he'll stay in Miami would get a huge boost if they repeat next season.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Are the Lakers gonna do just like this ... 0-6
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:35 am

It's preseason. Everybody has to get in shape. Lack of chemistry because of two new star players, one of them just returning from a severe injury.
Last year, the New Orleans Hornets were undefeated in the preseason, but went on to finish with the worst record in the Western Conference and win the draft lottery...
So nothing's decided jet and if Bryant get's his foot to go, everything will be ok.
_Steve_

Postby Lamrock on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:40 am

The big three Miami Heat only scored 9 points in their first quarter of regular season play. Look at that roster. They'll be fine.
Lamrock

Postby Jackal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:21 am

Always drama in Laker land..
Jackal

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 am

The Lakers must get their shite together in preseason to prove that they are the team to stop the Brooklyn Nets in the Finals.
BROOK LOPEZ-KRIS HUMPRIES-GERALD WALLACE-JOE JOHNSON-DERON WILLIAMS UNSTOPPABLE YOU BITCHES!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 am

For a moment there I thought this was a Brooklyn respect thread.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 am

They should probably try and flip Kobe for some help. Something like this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8fltdkb
benji

Postby Jackal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Flip the motherfuckin Mamba?! All those guys combined wouldn't take all the shots he takes, what would they do with all those extra unused possesions? Lakers bigs' off. rebounds would dwindle too.

No thanks!
Jackal

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Worst preseaaon in franchise history.
Things can only get better...
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:58 pm

dwight-howard-admits-wanting-to-be-traded-to-brooklyn-nets
“"I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," to Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM. "[But] I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise.

" … I think there's a reason why everything happened the way it happened. So far it's been an unbelievable experience for me. … It's like a dream come true."

This fucker can't keep his mouth shut.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Fortunately for Dwight, Shaq's disses make him look even more childish, so he doesn't look quite as bad in comparison.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Lakers cut Andrew Goudelock. Reasonable move, as they still have 3 more PGs.
_Steve_

Postby Bruce on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:39 pm

WTF Lakers!?! Lost to Mavs team w/o Dirk or even J Kidd. Seems to me that LA is still bleeding on defense.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby [Q] on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 pm

they had bad floor spacing. Nash was way more effective holding the ball like he normally does instead of dumpiong it off and standing around the perimeter. it'll take time for them to figure it out
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby graybakflip on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:01 pm

just as what I've said before, nash looks like a "derek fisher" out there w/ bad defense(and like he's 5 yrs. older), he will be the factor on this lakers team if he and kobe can co-exist, the bench? meh. Dwight seems lost a little bounce on his game, and those ft's he missed. But yeah its just the 1st game, they'll be ok, good luck :cool:
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:17 pm

I saw zero chemistry. You put a lot of talent out there and everybody just plays one on one. When they get into trouble, they just jack up a shot or pass it to somebody who goes one on one. They only reason the score was close is because of all the talent and experience.

The tnt guys were spot on about the princeton offense. It is a motion offense and will probably wear these old guts down. If they can somehow get Nash the ball in a good position, he can find the cutters but will the Lakers be able to knock down those 3s when the defense collapses those lanes?

I think they would do better with a combination of post entry and pick and rolls.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball