Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Jackal on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:11 am

Kuzma has been pretty damn good through summer league and the first couple of preseason games. For his draft position he really could be a total steal.

What happens with Randle after this year? He's in a contract year. What's the maximum the team should/would pay to keep him?

The Nike jerseys have a habit of untucking quite often, it's kind of annoying to see. Looks sloppy during the game.

Ingram has been aggressive with his moves, his shot doesn't look good though. Has bulked up a bit but if his shot isn't falling all of that won't make much of a difference. None the less, liked his aggression.

Ball is fun to watch, the Lakers probably won't win many games this season but at least we can hope for some exciting plays from them.

Bryant has been pretty fun to watch. He looks like a cabbage patch kid. From the visual test, I'd give him more minutes over Zubac at the moment.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:11 am

Are randle and Clarkson even part of the future plans since the Lakers want to save as much as to pay tampering fines and sign LBJ and George?
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:42 am

I don't even get that narrative. Why would they manage to sign two max FA's and then have nothing else on the roster? Especially in the West.

Clarkson has already been paid. Remains to be seen what happens with Randle.

Something else I find a bit odd is that this team has nothing in place on offense for half court sets. Season starts on the 19th and they have absolutely nothing on half court sets? Is that usual? :|

At least Deng played semi-usefully last game. He's best suited at the 4 though...should be interesting. BLopez, Bogut, Zubac, Bryant, Nance Jr., Randle, Kuz & Deng. None of them especially any good at rim protection. Ball isn't much of a defensive presence on the perimeter. KCP gonna earn that 18 million this year.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:29 am

Depends what you define nothing as. And if not signing randle and getting out of Clarkson (and Deng's) contract gives them the chance to land the big fish, id be all for it
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:57 am

I'm for it for sure, I think any team would appreciate two max FA's like George/James or George/Cousins, but realistically speaking, I just don't see it happening. Who was their last big free agent signing? Shaq?
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:17 am

Who cares? Can't win the lottery if you don't buy the ticket. I would have trust in your management to have a smart backup plan if it doesn't happen

But hey disappointment is a familiar thing for a lot fans of various franchises here
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:23 am

True that.

Let's enjoy the Big Baller Brand for now.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 am

kobe drove free agents away. todays players are more about having fun than having a killer mentality.players now that you guys have lonzo you will start bringing in the free agents again. dude is young, talented, has a level head, and on a rookie contract. thats all you need to start building in a city like LA
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am

so who should start/finishing games?
start ball-kcp-ingram-randall- lopez

finish with ball-kcp-kuzma-deng-lopez?
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:43 am

What a shit show. I talked a lot of smack about Blake before the game but he proved me wrong. Weird starting lineup. Lonzo had no one to set up. Liked Clarkson's intensity and sense of urgency.

Hopefully kcp makes a difference
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Bruce on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:06 am

[Q] wrote:What a shit show. I talked a lot of smack about Blake before the game but he proved me wrong. Weird starting lineup. Lonzo had no one to set up. Liked Clarkson's intensity and sense of urgency.

Hopefully kcp makes a difference

It looks like the Lakers are using Brewer in the starting lineup to see how a defensive minded wing will workout int he starting lineup. Hopefully, when KCP comes back after the suspension and injury, KCP would provide more offense than Brewer did. But in the end, a lot of the Lakers are still not playing good defense. Last game versus the Suns, both teams were playing piss poor defense.

In terms of how the lineup looks right now. I think the Lakers should make a bid to claim Jameer Nelson off waivers. A verteran like Jameer might be able to bring some stability on offense in the second unit.Caruso makes things interesting, but I do not think he belongs in the big league. Ennis, does not look like he has any more potential. I'm shedding no tears for Randle losing the starting job. Nance is doing well on being a smart player. I believe Steve Kerr is correct when he said that the PF position is non-existent in the current NBA. And Randle is not quite capable playing as an undersized center, neither do I think he is capable of playing the wing. Had Randle showed any signs that he could come close to playing like Draymon Green or Paul Millsap, then I think he would still have his starting job.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby NovU on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:45 am

It's kinda crazy. Devin Booker and Eric Bledsoe got schooled against a rookie Lonzo. He made it look casual and once it becomes his routine, a modern era Jason Kidd perhaps?

Zo was easily considered the best prospect in stats world. But many of other rookies are also looking good this season. Strong class as advertised? However Fultz has struggled in his 2 games, not sure how much of it is due to his bad shoulder. Perhaps this is why Ainge traded the pick, kid was flawed(?). Only if he had guts to set his foot down and tell Lonzo "you are coming to play for us", we wouldn't be hearing Dee crying as much these days.

Haven't watched much Randle neither paid much attention. How is the kid? My perception is that he's stiff, strong but undersized, not reliable shooter(perhaps Jordan Hill range & ability) though can hit open shots, won't develop as a stretch 4 because of lack of natural shooting talent, won't be a force in rebound/blk/stl, but has ability to bully defenders with aggressiveness/power/speed, meaning good for scoring(especially team that needs one), versatile defender tho not dominant.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:48 am

NovU wrote:Only if he had guts to set his foot down and tell Lonzo "you are coming to play for us", we wouldn't be hearing Dee crying as much these days.

And this is why you are a tool.

Never cried once about Lonzo, or the Celtics this season. Everything I have said about the C's was positive.

Any more shit you want to make up NovU? What a damn tool.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 am

Lakers actually played pretty good defense in the 3rd, forcing turnovers which allowed them to get a bit of separation. They gave it back in the 4th beginning with 3 straight fouls from randle to help out them until penalty.

I had high hopes for Randle and Clarkson this year and Clarkson has been doing his thing. Randle has been a poor man's Odom but he seems to have a problem staying focused and playing under control. Unfortunately with Nance and now kuzma that actually makes him expendable for a Max player this summer.

Lonzo's numbers look like he dominated but that really wasn't the case. He had a great game, but Chandler allowed him to lay the ball up uncontested on the pick and roll. He does make a great effort on the boards though.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball