Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:34 pm

NovU wrote:Gotta be a feel good win for the Bulls fans. I think the result would have been different if Andrew picked the Bulls to win in the daily prediction thread. Damn...

Now you have seen Andrew's feared jinx powers at work!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:15 pm

But I also warned him off of his powers recently, so was he overthinking things and trying to deny his powers?!? How far do they extend? Might they offer something up just to snatch it away?

This is why we need to secure him in a glass dome and engage in a proper study. This policy has to be common sense. And basic science.
benji

Postby NovU on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:31 pm

benji wrote:This is why we need to secure him in a glass dome and engage in a proper study. This policy has to be common sense. And basic science.

That's the thing with you silly libertarians. You just want to get rid of Andrew from NLSC government, so you can be in charge of all NLSC businesses. What about human rights? What about children?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:13 am

This is precisely why I'm picking the Heat to win it all. If they do, I get to say I was right about a prediction. If they don't, it's proof of awesome cosmic power. Win-win.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Andrew wrote:Great win, fantastic game to watch. Amazing effort by, well, everyone really. It seemed like everyone made a big shot or play down the stretch.

This is why I wanted the Knicks to hire Thibodeau over Pringles, and why I don't want to face Chicago in the first round. They're a bad matchup - as we've seen, these Knicks can't handle physical teams.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 pm

One can't say enough good things about the Thibodeau hiring. I'm very glad he got the extension.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:42 am

Andrew wrote:One can't say enough good things about the Thibodeau hiring. I'm very glad he got the extension.

Funny thing is the Bulls probably would have had Pringles if they offered him more money, lol.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:23 am

Indeed. There was a time when I thought he'd be a good hire given his respectable amount of success in Phoenix, but that was certainly misguided, especially when you see how things have gone down in LA.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:35 pm

How could anyone want D'Antoni as their head coach? A HS coach knows how to run pick & roll and reset it a billion times hoping to find something.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:13 am

THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 am

So close and yet so far against the Mavs in Dallas. Cold blooded clutch three by Dirk.

Jackal wrote:How could anyone want D'Antoni as their head coach? A HS coach knows how to run pick & roll and reset it a billion times hoping to find something.

He's become relatively high profile thanks to some 50+ win seasons in Phoenix, I guess it's masked his deficiencies over the years. The cat's probably well and truly out of the bag at this point, though I'm sure he'll get another head coaching gig after he leaves the Lakers, whenever that may be. Highly successful and experienced NBA coaches aren't easy to come by, so someone who has been around as long as he has and enjoyed a moderate amount of success will continue to draw interest.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sevin0seven on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:35 pm

now that's an.....and one...to the nuts. good thing the ref was ok.
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby RedPhazon8 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:55 am

I think this best explains Detroit's game against the Bulls. They came up short, twice:

Oops

phpBB [video]

:turrible:
RedPhazon8

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Once again, the Bulls just eke it out, but as usual I'd say we'll all take it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Andrew wrote:I'd say we'll all take it.

UH NO

Yes, because higher pick, but Andre seemed so down...
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:30 am

That's understandable. As Leftos said on Twitter, there's no way he can break Wilt's rookie rebounding record if he keeps getting taken out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Right now, it seems like they're trading wins over teams they probably shouldn't beat with losses to teams they probably should.

Meanwhile: Bernstein: Derrick Rose Not Doing His Job

A little troubling if there's any truth to that, but seems like it's mostly frustrated speculation. Hopefully there isn't anything else to the matter except Rose not feeling fully confident after such a major injury and the subsequent surgery and everyone is still just erring on the side of caution.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Maybe the team really told him not to come back. Anyone sane realized this was a 45-50 win team without him and Rose coming back could push them into contention. Seems air gordon was right and they didn't want to take that chance lest it screw up their cost cutting.
benji

Postby Dan's Brain on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Malcolm Thomas also had his ten day contract extended to two years, which is surprising, given his all of one minute of playing time as a Bull. But I thought he impressed during the pre-season and thought he might have had a shot at being on the roster for opening night. Given the instability of the front court's health, it's OK, but I'd rather see a legit upgrade on what's already there.

Just been trying to think, when is the last time that this team was (sans Derrick Rose) completely all there. I'm thinking it may have been early January before Noah or Deng went down for a short stretch and since then they haven't had a full(ish) roster of players. They figure out how to cover one player's absence, then they come back and someone else goes down. Hard to get on a four-game win streak with that lack of continuity.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Dan's Brain wrote:Malcolm Thomas also had his ten day contract extended to two years, which is surprising, given his all of one minute of playing time as a Bull. But I thought he impressed during the pre-season and thought he might have had a shot at being on the roster for opening night. Given the instability of the front court's health, it's OK, but I'd rather see a legit upgrade on what's already there.

If it's unguaranteed or has a team option and a minimum salary at that it's more of a long term roster filler rather than an attempt at improving the front court, so no worries about wasting that cap space.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby brownluke on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:56 pm

rose a great player , i like the passion when he plays :crazyeyes:
brownluke

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Unfortunately, we're probably not going to see that until next season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 pm

You have more chance of seeing Kobe recover and play first than Derrick Rose. :P
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Yeah, I've seen that one going around.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:22 am

Well Kobe is the only player I know that actually tried to play right after tearing his Achilles tendon.
Still I think that Rose's approach might be the better one. ;)
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball