Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Damn, Bulls were up 21 at one point in that one. Final few minutes were not pretty. GG, T'Wolves.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Andrew wrote:Damn, Bulls were up 21 at one point in that one. Final few minutes were not pretty. GG, T'Wolves.

Usually I'm upset at these losses.....not this one. Good for Thibs, great comeback win to stick it right at GarPax.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:11 am

Well played edit, Sir

Lavine's key defensive stop on Wade then run out on the ensuing miss pretty much wrapped that one up

I'm actually pissed on this one as they found yet another way to lose to an inferior opponent

Easy to defend the Bulls late in games when they can't hit 3pters

Thibs has to be on cloud nine after this one. Happy for him

Canaan sucks
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:32 am

Tom Thibodeau gets some revenge in his return to Chicago

Thibodeau tried to downplay just how much this game meant to him, but even the veteran coach couldn't suppress a smile after the final horn sounded. His players and coaches knew this game meant more to him, that's why there was a loud ovation coming from the Timberwolves' locker room after this game was over. No matter how Thibodeau tried to answer the questions, those closest to him knew this game was one of the sweeter victories of his career, given the circumstances.

"It's how you frame everything," Thibodeau said, shaking off a question about the satisfaction of the win. "As a person, you're in control of that. So when I look back on the time that I was here, I loved what we did. And there were far more great times than there were any problem times. In the end, it didn't end great, but most of the time it was great. So I'm proud of what our team did, I loved being here and that's the way I look at it."

And that's how you handle a somewhat acrimonious split with class and dignity. Bulls brass should take notes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:13 pm

air gordon wrote:Well played edit, Sir

:chug:

air gordon wrote:Easy to defend the Bulls late in games when they can't hit 3pters

Yeah, pretty much why you don't hire Hoiberg then get him Rondo, but GarPax doesn't get the memo :lol: :facepalm2:

air gordon wrote:Canaan sucks

Another reason why I still question the call to run a set play for him to get the last shot, that's like giving it to Kwame Brown for the win. (ok maybe not that far)

Andrew wrote:And that's how you handle a somewhat acrimonious split with class and dignity. Bulls brass should take notes.

Notes are probably not enough, they'll need a 4 year degree to learn 1% of it.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Moz on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:59 am

Good thing Doug is back but the bench still sucks especially Mirotic... He's already a liability on defense and now he's a brick factory as well... RoLo is still having the Boozer treatment. They will never get the Kings' pick so perhaps its time to package it with someone so that they can get somebody who can help them off the bench.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:54 am

So, yeah, terrible start to the game against the Bucks.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:37 am

At least Thibs got a welcome back during the introductions.

Without trying to pile on I'll just say the Bulls are bad. That's all I got
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:57 am

Butler blew 3 crucial plays on that run... He's trying too hard to get his points these past games. Niko got a disciplinary DNP in the wrong time. Fucking hell...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:15 am

Guess Snell got the last laugh. At least they've got a shot at retribution today.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Moz on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Thank goodness there are better things to do today. This is painful to watch...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Maybe another coach will get fired just in time for Christmas. It's been a while.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Andrew wrote:Maybe another coach will get fired just in time for Christmas. It's been a while.

Coach, General Manager, and Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations please, it would be a nice Christmas present to all of us Bulls fans out there.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:11 am

Can only keep on wishing ...

Surprise beat down on Detroit, who may be in as much disarray as the Bulls
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:29 am

air gordon wrote:Can only keep on wishing ...

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/pos ... ttest-seat
The latest chatter on the coaching grapevine, meanwhile, tells us that the toastiest seat on the NBA map at present belongs, rightly or wrongly, to the Chicago Bulls' Fred Hoiberg.

The Bulls’ largely disappointing play in December, on the heels of a non-playoff season, has put Hoiberg under earlier-than-expected pressure, according to league sources.

Just to be clear: Hoiberg isn’t exactly alone in the crosshairs in Chicago. Thanks to a succession of underwhelming first-round draft picks and a roster construction that has been questioned from the moment it materialized over the summer, fan frustration with the front-office tag team of John Paxson and Gar Forman has never been more tangible, ‎rising steadily since Rajon Rondo and then Dwyane Wade were signed as the marquee additions to a roster already light on proven perimeter threats to space the floor.

Glancing at the standings, I'm surprised that the Kings are playoff bound as of the moment! The east could've been a stacked conference but it has some under achievers (i.e The Windy City Bul...I mean Chicago). I'm pretty confident that they will finally get that pick since there's no way the Kings will drop to a top ten lottery team this year. Unless of course if Cousins get a season ending injury or kills a referee and be suspended indefinitely...
Moz

Postby air gordon on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:15 am

Go kings. Bulls will pick another non athletic but NBA "ready" anyway. Clowns

Rondo benched. Yes. Bulls still stink. Bucks make them look like an old and slow Rec league team. Makes no difference if Hoiberg is fired and the 2 chumps still keep their jobs

don't think I'll be going to any bulls games this year
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:41 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html
As he promised during his session with reporters, Rajon Rondo met with general manager Gar Forman and executive vice president John Paxson late Saturday night to discuss his future with the Bulls.

Rondo told reporters he'd "absolutely" ask to be elsewhere if he remains out of the rotation, a point he also conveyed to management. As of now, sources said there are no plans to trade or buy out Rondo, who was benched for the third time in a week and this time for the entirety of Saturday's loss to the Bucks.

Coach Fred Hoiberg, who started Michael Carter-Williams and used Jerian Grant in reserve, hasn't even ruled out using Rondo with the second unit.

I don't know which team will be willing to have Rondo on their roster beside the 76ers or perhaps the Blazers or the Grizzlies. Goran Dragic is not happy with the Heat. I don't know if they will be rebuilding their roster but if that's the case, Rondo's contract plus draft pick/s with/or young players (Portis or Valentine or perhaps Grant?) would be ideal for them.
Moz

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Sounds like another acrimonious split is inevitable.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:38 am

Pay him to go away. No need to add other pieces just so someone can take him. He's only guaranteed a few million next year anyway

He wants to start. I think its highly unlikely any team wants him in that role
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:26 am

Yeah, his contract is only partially guaranteed. GarPax got that right, at least. This morning I read that he's expected to be the third string point guard against the Hornets, so doesn't sound like anything's changing.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Rondo remains benched, Wade sits out with a swollen knee, but Butler does score 52 in what feels like a rare win for the team.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 am

The G stands for gets. I like it when Stacey gets excited

Fav game of the year so far
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Another win, this time over the defending champs. Granted, Irving and Love were out, but they've blown better opportunities before, and I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth when it comes to a win. Amazing what can be done when the bench brings some scoring punch, and Butler saved his best for last.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 am

To add to that... finally nice to have a pg that can defend

MCW is still a bricklayer but his defense is a difference maker.

Kudos to Hoiberg. Taking a page out of Lues's playbook and running pnr with butler and MCW to get smaller felder on butler

Back to .500 so I suppose the fire everybody talk shall go away... for now
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:04 am

Oh no, we can still demand the heads of GarPax, at least: NBA Insider says Bulls have begun shopping Jimmy Butler
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball