Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby air gordon on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 am

Gasol dominating varejao and nene was just peachy

I think what's left in Ray Allen's tank is maybe 20mins max off the bench. His per is below average and his defense was terrible in the finals. I'm fine with him on the vet minimum even though I don't think he's coming over. He's said publicly he wants more than that.

The bulls should do that trade for Martin. He would finally fill the void Paxson could never find- a legit perimeter scorer to pair with Rose
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Moz on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:06 am

So the E'Twaun Moore signing is official...
The deal is reportedly for two years, with the first year containing a 50 percent guarantee

does this mean Allen is out of the picture since for the past years they're only taking 13 men on the camp?
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:21 am

Quite possibly. Perhaps Allen is still a bit unsure about his future, or feels he can still get a little more money than what the Bulls can offer him. I'm guessing he'll latch on somewhere else closer to the beginning of the season, or shortly thereafter, if he doesn't in fact call it a career.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Per AP, the Bulls have re-signed Nazr Mohammed.

There goes your Lebron Shover.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:34 pm

I thought he was going to call it a career. There you go.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Moz on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:33 pm

I don't know about that since he worked out with the Heat earlier this month... so they didn't stick with a 13-man team and they need a filler to set their roster to 15 players...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Good to see that explosiveness.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Moz on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:37 pm

So far Pau Gasol's acquisition is pretty good... though he doesn't show yet that aggressiveness in the post he showed us in the world cup, his defense has been phenomenal! Also McDermott is making Dunleavy expendable and Mirotic, though inconsistent, is showing glimpses of his versatility... The only complaint so far for me is Jimmy Butler's minutes... yes he's playing great but he's the most battered player in the Bulls so far and yet the one who's logging up the most minutes...
Moz

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:05 am

Speaking of Bulls' rookies...
Bulls' coach Tom Thibodeau hinted during media day that rookies Doug McDermott and Nikola Mirotic will not be rotation players during their rookie season.
"You don't see championship teams with two rookies in rotation," said Thibodeau. "There will be a period of adjustment." That statement pretty much kills the fantasy value of these rooks, however, it's possible if McDermott can impress during preseason he can earn himself some minutes as the Bulls are in need of 3-point shooting. On the other hand, Mirotic will be playing behind Taj Gibson and Pau Gasol, and it just doesn't seem likely he'll be able to carve out a big enough role to be an impact player during his introductory season. Sep 29 - 5:19 PM

Taj and Brooks likely to get their shares of minutes consistently, that leaves some competition for Snell, Mirotic, Nazr, and McDermott for 8th spot in Thibs's rotation. We might see up and down season for McDermott.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:03 am

Well...he's not exactly wrong. Unless you happen to have a Magic Johnson-type talent on your roster, a rookie is probably not going to be a key contributor on a championship team. All the same, it's kind of a stubborn, pig-headed remark to make, especially if they can provide some quality minutes here and there.

If nothing else, it would help keep the core players a bit fresher for the postseason. While we're talking about what you do and don't see on legitimate contenders, perhaps Thibbs would do well to remember that you don't see championship teams where the star players are run into the ground during the regular season because they're playing 45 minutes a game, either.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Moz on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:06 pm

phpBB [video]

on the side note though I don't like what Brooks is showing so far... he tends to ballhog and his shot selections are head scratchers... time to try Etwaun Moore...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Gotta love Stacey King's commentary. :lol:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby erudain on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Michael for the wiiiiiiiiinnn!!!!...oh crap, sorry was Jimmy Butler.
Ok it's a preseason game but I don't remember seeing a guy dominate a 4th quarter like that in a long time...maybe Kobe golden years and in Bulls case I would have to go back to the 90s.
Jimmy scored 20 points in under 6 minutes.

Management better sign that guy extension ASAP, Faried just signed a 5 years - 60m deal, if JB keeps the level he has shown in the last 4 games he might ask for the same or more.

Side note is the need to come back from a deficit again to win. Bulls players lacked effort, hustle and drive in the first 3 quarters.
Both last game and this game it seems they were playing with a "we can switch it on a win this anytime we want" attitude, which is a really dangerous attitude to have.
90s Bulls had that mindset, but hell you had the GOAT playing for you which is not the case now anymore.
erudain

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Agreed. Rose, Noah, and Butler are a trio I'd like to see them keep moving forward.

I too hope that they don't fall into the habit of the "switch" mentality. As you said, it's a dangerous attitude to have. I'm not sure that that was really the case with the Jordan and Pippen-led Bulls, though; I think it was more a case of keeping their cool and not panicking if they happened to fall behind early. You don't win 72 games and follow it up with 69 wins the next season without entering every contest with that proverbial switch being on all the time. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby erudain on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:26 am

And lets not forget.....he was a 30th draft pick.....I mean, how short sighted were "al least" 20 other teams?
Players like Vesely, Brandon Knight and Fredette were lottery picks while guys like Leonard, Faried and Butler were late picks....as they say irony is a bitch...
erudain

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:33 am

Too bad Thibs will play Jimmy 44 minutes per game that by the middle of the season he will be too tired to even take much less make those clutch shots.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:55 am

erudain wrote:And lets not forget.....he was a 30th draft pick.....I mean, how short sighted were "al least" 20 other teams?
Players like Vesely, Brandon Knight and Fredette were lottery picks while guys like Leonard, Faried and Butler were late picks....as they say irony is a bitch...

Absolutely, he was a great pick at number 30. At the same time, hindsight is 20/20. A lot of teams are rolling the dice on Draft day, trying to select players out of need; some prospects don't pan out, and others turn out to be better than expected. The Bulls were as lucky as they were shrewd with that selection...either way, they've got him, and hopefully will be able to keep him for years to come.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby erudain on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:57 pm

Ok, unitl the next game, or until he proves he can stop him....Kyre's new official nickname is "Rose's little bitch"
erudain

Postby werewolf914 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:43 am

erudain wrote:Ok, unitl the next game, or until he proves he can stop him....Kyre's new official nickname is "Rose's little bitch"

werewolf914

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:19 am

Shame they couldn't pick up the win, but great to see Rose play like that. Bulls/Cavs could be quite a rivalry again.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Alpha_ on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:58 am

Great game for Rose. He's definitely 100% ready for this season.
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Kevin on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:51 pm

missed layups/dunks... <3
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:00 pm

phpBB [video]

The explosiveness, the finishes at the rim, the three pointers...hopefully, we'll be seeing much more of that, all season long.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Moz on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Jimmy Butler's MRI confirmed sprained thumb
Butler, who suffered the injury early in Sunday’s exhibition against the Hornets, will miss all of this week’s practices and the exhibition finale Friday against the Timberwolves in St. Louis. The Bulls said he will be re-evaluated then.

Hope it's just a minor injury (assuming since it didn't need surgery and he played through it for half a quarter) and, as the deadline's approaching, they'll settle a reasonable extension for Jimmy (maybe 7-9 M will do?)...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 pm

For sure. After all the bad luck they've had with injuries, they could use some better luck. Sounds reasonably minor and precautionary, but still not what any of us were hoping to hear.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball