Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Drex on Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:10 am

I hope the Sixers defeat the Bulls. They need a win, dammit :x
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Drex on Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:04 pm

Bulls beat the Sixers 110-78. Shit, the Sixers are so dissapointing right now, they were on a 8-game road trip, and cameback with 5-3 record in those games, and now, they have dropped the last 3 games :evil:
http://www.nba.com/games/20050112/PHICHI/boxscore.html
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Ataraxia on Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:25 pm

what the hell.....these Bulls r comin outta nowhere....Andrew must be a very proud Bulls supporter right now. :mrgreen:
Ataraxia

Postby twolvezfanfoever on Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:26 pm

Eddy Curry startin to look like a star,somewhat.But Im not gonna celebrate until they actually make the playoffs.Even though they wont be there for that long
twolvezfanfoever

Postby KDWilliams85 on Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:07 pm

Najira wrote:what the hell.....these Bulls r comin outta nowhere....Andrew must be a very proud Bulls supporter right now. :mrgreen:

He ain't the only one. :)
KDWilliams85

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:18 pm

Najira wrote:what the hell.....these Bulls r comin outta nowhere....Andrew must be a very proud Bulls supporter right now. :mrgreen:

So proud I had to commemorate the situation with a new signature. :P It's real easy to get excited and start talking playoffs right now, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the moment for what it is - the Bulls being competitive and getting rewarded for it for the first time since that famous basketball player who wore number 23 was on the roster - certain stretches in recent years not included.

The so-so play of the Celtics and Sixers opened the door, but the Bulls have taken advantage of it rather than resigning themselves to the basement after the 0-9 start. They still need to have an excellent January though, as February looks a little tougher. But at their current pace, they should be well prepared standings-wise to weather the storm next month.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:21 pm

playing a 2 PG starting lineup has really helped these Bulls.....who woulda known that throwing Chris Duhon in there would help so much.....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Matt on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:09 am

2 PG's spurred the Heat's 14-0 run too!
Matt

Postby air gordon on Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:26 am

i also i'm just happy to see the bulls are finally back to being a respectable team (after being the league doormat for what seems forever!).

as far the schedule goes... in february, i guess i'm more optimistic then others who have mentioned how tough it will be

FEBS GAMES
at nJ
at mia
at mavs
at hou
at minny
sac
at toronto
miami
at cavs
wiz
at bobs

of all those teams- only miami, washington and toronto are playing very well

the bulls have already beaten the twolves, cavs
they played nJ, mavs, wiz real close and lost some tough ones to them
the bulls have been quite successful against the raptors in past
the games that worry me are: 2games vs miami, at houston, and the Wiz

coming away with 5 wins is not of the question, which isn't too bad. abd given they play in the cliche weak east, that may actually keep them in 8th :P

(Y)
air gordon

Postby Bl@ck_Thorne on Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:41 am

im proud too that the bulls is on the winning track again, BTW andrew nice sig. hehe (Y)
Bl@ck_Thorne

Postby Matthew on Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:04 am

at nJ
at mia
at mavs
at hou
at minny
sac
at toronto
miami
at cavs
wiz
at bobs

@ Dallas
@Houston
@Minnesota
and sacramento could all easily turn into losses.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:08 pm

The winning streak remains unbroken, but the schedule has allowed Boston and Philadelphia to jump ahead again with their victories today.

as far the schedule goes... in february, i guess i'm more optimistic then others who have mentioned how tough it will be

My main concern for February isn't necessarily the opponents, most of whom as you noted aren't playing extremely well at present, but the fact the Bulls will be on the road for most of the month.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:25 pm

oh definitely those games could be losses. i just believe the bulls have a fighting chance in all of those games even if it's on the road. last year, it was almost a guarantee that you'd lose the game if it was at sactown. but this year no more. as long as their defense remains tough they could pull off some upsets
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Matt on Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:58 pm

heheh, out of 8th spot now
Matt

Postby Linguo on Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:35 am

Andrew wrote:

So proud I had to commemorate the situation with a new signature. :P It's real easy to get excited and start talking playoffs right now, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the moment for what it is - the Bulls being competitive and getting rewarded for it for the first time since that famous basketball player who wore number 23 was on the roster - certain stretches in recent years not included.

:beer: Let's see how far they go this year! I've been watching a lot of their games this year now that they have proven they can contend. They're very fun to watch when they're hot. Ben Gordon, especially. He can shoot pretty damn well.
It's in your best interest to not click this arrow.:arrow:
Linguo

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:40 am

Matt wrote:heheh, out of 8th spot now

But only due to the schedule. With their (sixth straight) win today against the Knicks, they're back up to 8th spot. With Chicago, Philadelphia and Boston so close right now, chances are they'll switch around in the 8th, 9th and 10th spots until the margin gets wider.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jowe on Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:55 am

Its great to see the bulls winning again.
Ben Gordon had a solid game again coming off the bench with 16pts. (Y)

Chicago kept its opponent under 100 points for the 21st straight game, the longest current streak in the NBA.
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
i'd suck allen iverson's cock any day -
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
just so i could say i've met allen iverson
Jowe

Postby Bl@ck_Thorne on Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:47 pm

hehe great win over the knicks they won 6 in a row (Y)
Bl@ck_Thorne

Postby Alex Italo on Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:30 am

Oh, man... 7 in a row...
I was just finishing my work, when I decided to visit the NBA.com website. I was hoping to see the preview of the game when I saw a headline about the last second win over the Knicks. I didn't get the headline was about today's game until a few moments later... I was thinking that was about friday...
I didn't know today is a holliday!
Alex Italo

Postby Shakes on Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:09 am

7 in a row and we're not talking losses. Finally the bulls are looking like a team you can admit to being a fan of in public. Ben Gordon's efforts in the last quarter of the last two games have just been sensational, he's really proving the Bulls knew something the pundits didn't when they decided to take him at 3.
Shakes

Postby Amphatoast on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:15 am

poor knicks, 2 hard loses to the bulls
Amphatoast

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:38 pm

With the Knicks' two losses and the Sixers' win, they've switched places thanks to the new Division alignment. However, the Bulls remain a full game ahead of the Knicks and Celtics, just one game under .500 at 17-18 thanks to their seven straight victories.

How many of us, even the most loyal Bulls fans, would have thought we'd be saying that? Especially after the 0-9 start seemed to predict another gloomy year. And to take it one step further - the Wizards lost, meaning the Bulls currently hold the longest winning streak in the league.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matt on Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:11 pm

hahah, i wonder what's going through Jamal Crawford's mind....he left the Bulls for a worse team.,....then again the Bulls are probably better because he left.

7 wins in a row is impressive
Matt

Postby Bl@ck_Thorne on Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:28 pm

hahah yeah it's deserved for him to left the bulls now the bulls is a better team without crawford (Y)
Bl@ck_Thorne

Postby Amphatoast on Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:45 pm

bulls sitting in 7th place now
Could they continue this surge pass the pacers, then magic, and a injured Washington team?

Boston
Atlanta
Detriot
Atlanta
Denver
Charlotte
Boston
New Jersey

is up next..only team with a winning record and playing well is detriot :o
Amphatoast

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball