Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:43 pm

Andrew wrote:For those who watched the game, was there any mention made of the reason Harrington got the starting nod over Curry?

Nevermind, the recap was just posted on NBA.com:

Curry, who did not start due to a strained right groin, had 14 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter as the surging Bulls ran their home winning streak to six games with a 111-107 triumph over the Nuggets.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bl@ck_Thorne on Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:41 pm

wow i don't believe this, my favorite team is one game behind for the 6th seed. (Y)
Bl@ck_Thorne

Postby air gordon on Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:49 pm

definitely a game they would have lost last year. lots of mistakes but still the bulls were able to overcome them

man- curry really abused his defenders in the 2nd half. he was downright unstoppable.

good times for bulls fans :headbang: :chug:
air gordon

Postby Jowe on Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:29 pm

Time to sign jordan for the playoffs :)
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
i'd suck allen iverson's cock any day -
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
just so i could say i've met allen iverson
Jowe

Postby Bl@ck_Thorne on Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:48 pm

Jowe wrote:Time to sign jordan for the playoffs :)

lolz if that happen i will celebrate her comeback. :lol:
Bl@ck_Thorne

Postby Indy on Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:55 pm

Bl@ck_Thorne wrote:

jordan is most certainly a male dude!
Indy

Postby Yessie on Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:03 pm

i dont think jordan would ever go back and join the bulls. hopefully the baby bulls will become Teenage bulls :lol: and win in the 1st round this year.
Bizzy Bone-

"Gotta give it on up to the glock glock
Pop pop, better drop when them buckshot blow
The bone in me never no ho, so no creepin up outta the ziplock So sin, sip gin, and lil' mo heart run up, nut up And flipped in."
Yessie

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:14 pm

Indiana's loss to Boston not only gave the Celtics the third seed, but also puts them a game behind the Bulls, giving Chicago a little more breathing room at the 7th spot. Here's hoping the Bulls can take the last two games of January (Charlotte and Boston, both at the United Center) to take a 23-19 record into February - that's a nice cushion to have for a month with 8 of the 11 games on the road.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bl@ck_Thorne on Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:30 pm

IndyPacers67 wrote:
Bl@ck_Thorne wrote:

jordan is most certainly a male dude!

oh im sorry it's only a joke, co's i know MJ will not comeback anymore. :?
Bl@ck_Thorne

Postby air gordon on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:38 am

i hope jordan stays away from the team in whatever capacity

he's done so much for the city and organization when he was with the bulls but ever since his retirement, he's done nothing to help the bulls franchise, some in the chicago media say he's done nothing but try to sabotage the franchise.

it would be a shame/insult to the current bulls and fans that mj comes out of the woods to involve himself with the team just now when they started winning.
air gordon

Postby e.z.o on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:07 am

refuze wrote:Kobe's been getting booed a lot lately.

Good, i cant stand him. He is an amazing player n top 5 in the league n a future Hall of Famer, but I think Shaq was right when he said Kobe will never win a Championship without him. Kobe just isnt a team player. He can put up 70 points in a game n his team will still lose. LeBron james is the team player version of Kobe as of right now.
e.z.o

Postby Bl@ck_Thorne on Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:03 pm

yikes the bulls is now a no. 6th seed. (Y)
Bl@ck_Thorne

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:37 pm

Time to update the signature again. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:21 pm

imagine if bulls could win that prized No. 6 seed....they could make it to the 2nd round....crazy, eh?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:51 am

lol only skiles would put in his bench and leave them in the rest of the way and still win

"Right from the beginning, our defense was as soft as it has been the whole [season]," Skiles said. "I was leery of leaving the main guys out there. I was afraid we were going to get beat. The bench won the game for us."

big rematch with boston next. looks like there is a rivlary developing between those 2 ball clubs (Y)
air gordon

Postby Bl@ck_Thorne on Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:15 am

yes i hope the bulls will win over the celtics. (Y)
Bl@ck_Thorne

Postby Matt on Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:02 pm

are my seeing correct...are the Bulls really 6th???? funny how it's also a contract year for some players too
Matt

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:04 pm

With Orlando's victory today they move back to 6th, half a game ahead of the Bulls. Chicago can catch up again with a victory over Boston.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:29 am

Matt wrote:are my seeing correct...are the Bulls really 6th???? funny how it's also a contract year for some players too

haha give some credit where it is deserved! othella's really looking at a big extension next year :wink:
air gordon

Postby Matt on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:13 am

i must admit i was a doubter of the Bulls.....i said 9th at best but they've been 8th+ for a good stretch now and they are winning games with regularity.....it's just rare to see that's why i'm skeptical
Matt

Postby Doobie on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:55 am

Yup , Bulls are a young team right now and will only get better , im hoping to see another dynasty within the next 10 years , lead by ben gordon and luol deng . Lets go bulls~~
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:21 am

Andrew wrote:With Orlando's victory today they move back to 6th, half a game ahead of the Bulls. Chicago can catch up again with a victory over Boston.

I may have spoken too soon. If Orlando defeats Washington tonight (leading 55-45 as I post this) they'll remain ahead no matter what.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby cyanide on Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:47 am

It's pretty amazing about Chicago's record. Too bad I haven't seen a single peep from ESPN about the rise of the Bulls. I guess they don't want to jinx anything.
if you were killed tomorrow, i WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN THE MOTHA FUCKER THAT KILLED U!
......|..___________________, ,
....../ `---______----|]
...../==o;;;;;;;;______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:39 pm

Boston ends another winning streak. :( Still, it's been a great month and they're still fairly safe in the seventh spot for now. Here's hoping they can survive on the road in February.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NNpF on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:55 pm

I never used to watch Bulls games but I've been seeing a lot of highlights on The Score and I checked the standings on NBA.com and I knew I just had to watch some games.

The first thing I noticed is that the Bulls helpside defense is amazing, like just today when Curry blocked Banks on that last second drive.

Another thing, I havn't seen Ben Gordon play too much but the last couple of games I watched he has impressed me. This was again mention in todays Boston game, but he can have a slow 1st and 2nd quarter and then explode for 10-15+ in a quarter. He's certainly going to give Emeka Okafor a run for Rookie of the Year.

And finally, the whole team has impressed me, but Kirk Hinrich is going to be an amazing point guard. He does everything a point guard should do, and to add too that he is a great shooter.

So congrats Andrew on the success of the Bulls, but I got to say, the Nets have been playing really well the last couple of games. They just beat the Jazz and last night the Lakers, both on the road. So we both have something to celebrate about :D
NNpF

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball