Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:22 am

Sources: Bulls mull Bargnani deal

phpBB [video]

Not that I think Boozer's untradeable, mind you, but Bargnani strikes me as a lateral move at best and most likely a step in the wrong direction. The way Boozer has played so far this season, I'd greatly prefer him to Bargnani; that's perhaps not saying much, but in any case I don't like the idea.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 pm

So, uh, pretty terrible loss to the Nuggets there. Jazz game is being shown here tomorrow.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Yeah, expected another bad one, but that was something beyond that. Just gotta tread water for the next week and a half. They might be able to put something together against Utah, but it's another tough venue to win in. Daequan Cook outscored all of his other Bulls' performances combined.

As for the Bargnani rumour, don't quite see how it makes sense for anyone involved. The Raptors have to eat an additional 5 million per year and the Bulls lose the ability to amnesty Boozer. Basketball-wise, it's immensely crappy for Chicago. While we don't know how Bargnani would play with a good coach and a better system, it's unlikely to pay any dividends this year. There's already an imminent shake-up coming with Rose's return, and re-incorporating him will likely cause some initial missteps, making another significant change would be damaging to this team's pretty great chemistry.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Dan's Brain on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Good execution to close out the game there. Consecutive bad third quarters against Denver and Utah, but at least this time, they were able to pick up their play. Great play off the bench from Belinelli and Taj. Noah looked really, really rusty early on and seemed to forget how hands are supposed to work, dropping a few passes and losing control of the ball a few times. The rebounding was very lackluster until the fourth, which should never be the case for this team (and is an additional reason to stay right the fuck away from Bargnani).
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:24 am

I ended up going out early for a friend's birthday yesterday afternoon but I checked the results later in the evening and was pleasantly surprised. I recorded the game, so I'll probably watch it sometime this afternoon or evening.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Skip the 3rd quarter and you'll be happy. :wink:
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:38 pm

Contrary to recent reports, Rose says he's not that close to returning. Seems like a wise course of action to me, I have no problem with both he and the Bulls choosing to err on the side of caution given the circumstances.

Also, for whatever it's worth, Jay Williams is back in the news with allegations that his teammates during his lone season with the Bulls were high before (and subsequently during) games, allegations that some of those players have denied.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Yeah, good arguments for a later return there. Just excited to see him out there again. His return is going to give this team an almighty lift, energy-wise and eventually performance-wise that I'm looking forward to, especially as half the team seems hobbled at the moment.

Entertaining read on the Jay Williams' allegations. Definitely seems like they were lucky to be rid of him. But those years really were a fucking trainwreck.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Ugh, what an ugly game and loss to the Celtics, made even worse by having to listen to Tommy Heinsohn's commentary.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Was one of the most fuck-ugly things I've ever had to look at in my life. They really are missing Kirk. Something about the offense seems less random when he's out there. He cuts down the turnovers too.

And what was with Paul Pierce walking across the lane just as Noah was about to shoot a free throw? Dick move.

Anyways, thank Science for the break. They need it right now.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah, they got the delay of game but I'd have thought it'd be an automatic technical. Ah well, Tommy was amused by it if nothing else.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:01 am

Andrew wrote:Also, for whatever it's worth, Jay Williams is back in the news with allegations that his teammates during his lone season with the Bulls were high before (and subsequently during) games, allegations that some of those players have denied.

Not hard to believe considering Artest was able to drink it up during games when he was with the Bulls.

Williams might also been high when he took that motorcycle ride.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:56 am

Yeah, I could buy it.

For anyone who's interested, Bulls.com is doing some features for Michael Jordan's 50th birthday. First two that have been posted are a collection of 50 photos and some reflections from Scottie Pippen.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Speaking fo Jordan, from that NYT piece about Jay Williams...
In his rookie season, Williams played against Jordan, who was then with the Washington Wizards. Jordan went at Williams on several consecutive possessions. Each time, Jordan told Williams how he would score — first over the left shoulder, then fake over the left shoulder and shoot over the right, and so forth — and each time, Jordan scored exactly as he said he would.

lol scumbag Jordan.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 pm

That reminds me of Larry Bird hitting a gamewinning shot over Xavier McDaniel after telling him "This is where I'm going to get the ball and make the gamewinning shot". Cold blooded...the best of the best sure make it look easy.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:55 am

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 pm

JORDAN PLAYS his new favorite trivia game, asking which current players could be nearly as successful in his era. "Our era," he says over and over again, calling modern players soft, coddled and ill-prepared for the highest level of the game

"I'll give you a hint," he says. "I can only come up with four."

He lists them: LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki.

Michael Jordan Has Not Left The Building

:dance:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Dan's Brain on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Not the starting point guard to return after the All-Star Break that we might have hoped for, but Kirk will supposedly be back against the Hornets tomorrow. Good news, I think. The starting 5 seems more together when he's out there and I think Nate is better as an explosive force off the bench. Kirk is also far better defensively.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 pm

The latest on Rose meanwhile is that he's participating in five-on-five drills. Surely another positive step forward, though given his recent comments about not coming back until he's well and truly ready - sensible, as we noted before - let's not get too excited just yet. One step at a time after all, though I suppose any step forward, small as it may be, is welcome news.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Good win over the Hornets in New Orleans, but a tough loss to the Heat at home; I'm guessing most of us saw the latter coming, given the way Miami have been playing and the Bulls' shorthandedness. Hopefully they'll turn in a better performance against the lowly Bobcats tomorrow.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Wasn't exactly a close contest today, unfortunately.

I hope Rose comes back healthy and finds some decent form ahead of the playoffs. I'd love to see him versus Westbrook in a finals series someday. :)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Result was pretty much what I expected. Encouraging to see Rose doing that, at least.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 am

Rose is looking good! I guess the Bulls want to be extra careful considering seriousness of injury. They said not too long ago that he might not play at all this season. Would be a smart thing to do if he's not anywhere near 100% though I am hoping to see him in the playoffs.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 am

He did say that was a possibility and if it comes to that, so be it. It seems he and everyone else involved is being smart and properly cautious about the situation, which is keeping the bigger picture in mind.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:49 pm

And take a seat, Taj Gibson. Pure unadulterated fuck.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball