Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Moz on Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm guessing the talks weren't very serious, and that he's more likely to go to Cleveland

If he's really willing to just sign for the minimum, why not just go to the TWolves then if he'll just be a backup PG... At least in there he might be already familiar with the system since Thibs is at the helm.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:40 am

Easy road to the Finals, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:26 am

shadowgrin wrote:I hate Colangelo but I doubt he's stupid to allow himself to be bamboozled by GarPax.
Most likely scenario of Okafor being traded to the Bulls involves a three-team trade or the Bulls giving up 1st round picks.

i agree with this. player wise maybe Niko would mildly interest them... along with a 1st round pick

okafor would be a decent buy low candidate though

Andrew wrote:I'm guessing the talks weren't very serious, and that he's more likely to go to Cleveland. I still wish him well, but it's no surprise that he doesn't have any leverage in terms of his asking price.

agreed again. what is his alleged asking price?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:26 am

I haven't heard any specifics, but I dare say it was considerably more than settling for the minimum. Of course, tough to get anything like that when your skillset hasn't adapted to the new three-point heavy NBA game, and you're coming off yet another knee injury.

It'd be great if they could pick up Noel with what they've got left to offer. It doesn't seem like the Mavericks, or anyone for that matter, is rushing to sign him. With that in mind his leverage is slipping away as well, though the Mavs would be able to match any offer as he's an RFA.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:27 am

i dont think noel had/has any leverage... similar to the Niko situation. if there was another team willing to offer what they (or agent?) is asking for, a deal would be done

how much would you be willing to offer per yer to Noel and how many years??
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:02 am

Probably something in the $8-10 million range, for a couple of years.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:05 am

interesting. thats a similar amount to what felecio got
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:58 am

Sign Nerlens at 10+ per year for 4 years. He's only 22, suits right in for Bulls youth movement. I'd much rather have Noel than Mirotic. Unload Lopez and Mirotic, and we'd have nice Markkenen, Nerlens, Portis rotation with balance in shooting, offense, defense, and length. Ofc tho, I don't count on Garpax neither to make anything positive like this to happen. The Bulls have been the biggest losers in the summer league with Payne, Dunn, Markkenen, and Valentine all under-achieving. The Bulls also are playing out to be the losers in offseason movement(or non). Dayuum...
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:01 pm

air gordon wrote:interesting. thats a similar amount to what felecio got

I'd say Noel's a better investment at that price. It could be a decent rotation in the middle, if it comes to pass.

NovU wrote:Sign Nerlens at 10+ per year for 4 years. He's only 22, suits right in for Bulls youth movement. I'd much rather have Noel than Mirotic. Unload Lopez and Mirotic, and we'd have nice Markkenen, Nerlens, Portis rotation with balance in shooting, offense, defense, and length. Ofc tho, I don't count on Garpax neither to make anything positive like this to happen. The Bulls have been the biggest losers in the summer league with Payne, Dunn, Markkenen, and Valentine all under-achieving. The Bulls also are playing out to be the losers in offseason movement(or non). Dayuum...

No question, I'd take Noel over Mirotic as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:46 pm

IMO Dallas would match a $10 mil per year contract. Given his status as a 22yr old with untapped potential (and risk) and RFA, my guess is the contact offer Has to be an overpay in order for Dallas not too match

Of course the bulls are losers though don't mistake non movement for mediocrity. The cavs are having a worse off season
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:53 am

NovU wrote:
Sauru wrote:
NovU wrote:The Bulls are looking like a 15-20 win team. Well, free Wade Garpax.

it was wades choice to stay so we dont need to feel bad for the guy

I don't.

It's probably a matter of time, he'll either be traded or bought out. It'd be very nice to see him playing meaningful minutes next season. My wish is for the Warriors, lol.

i agreed with everything and then you said the warriors and i broke my monitor. damn it all
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:20 pm

phpBB [video]

Guess it's nothing new.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:14 am

Lol that was random. Wonder how long it took for him to get traded after that interview

Good ol Eddie "e-robbery" Robinson still has an axe to grind with Pax. He has some choice comments in an interview on the Chicago trib. Lol still has a beef about the headband rule

Still a punk in my book. Should be grateful he got that fat contact from the bulls
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:56 am

That was coming up to the trade deadline in 1984. He was then traded to the Kansas City Kings for Steve Johnson at the deadline.

The Bulls continued to flounder and finished the season 27-55, which landed them the third pick of the Draft. That in turned landed them Michael Jordan, which obviously turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, the dysfunction never went away.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:32 am

Oh cmon lol. That dysfunction lead to a happy ending. Who doesn't like happy endings?

And Reggie ended up with his own show
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:49 am

Hey, it makes me appreciate those teams even more, hearing about the kind of dysfunction they rose above! Even dysfunctional organisations win championships.

Reggie Theus also ended up doing the commentary for NBA Live 2000 back in the day, though as Lutz put it at the time, he must've had a plane to catch when he was recording his part.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:03 pm

I will always remember Reggie Theus who supposedly banged so many Bulls groupies, one of them ended up as Michael Jordan's ex-wife. Theus is still no match for Magic Johnson's mansion orgies tho.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:51 am

Dropping the knowledge there. You think AC green and magic hung out?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:15 am

Sure, Green just went home early.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:40 pm

I'd imagine AC going room to room preaching before the orgies start then leave for home after he's done the good Lord's work.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:47 am

Looks like no major changes to the jerseys with the new Nike designs. Relieved to see it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:54 am

Lost amongst the off season F grades the bulls are receiving, they still maintain their leverage over Niko

Again id very much would like them to get Noel but Cuban would easily match anything under $15mil per. Bulls would have to offer a hard away type overpay to land him IMO. Not worth it

Too bad Dallas wouldnt be interested in Niko

And just to make Moz happy I think the bulls should low ball offer for okafor. Why not? He may not even be the backup for embeast
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:30 am

Credit where it's due for not overpaying Niko, I really thought that they would. Still time I guess, but it does seem like they understand the situation, and that they don't have to bid against themselves.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:32 pm

I am guessing Niko's deluded and asking too much. Market's crazy but market demand for Niko should be fairly low considering how he inconsistently performed since coming into league and how little development window has left considering his age of 26.

Only reason the Bulls really want him is probably because he's hit most the 3s last year? Tanking team wouldn't need that imho and he's not much of asset unless re-signed at bargain deal.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:37 am

NovU wrote:I am guessing Niko's deluded and asking too much. Market's crazy but market demand for Niko should be fairly low considering how he inconsistently performed since coming into league and how little development window has left considering his age of 26.

Only reason the Bulls really want him is probably because he's hit most the 3s last year? Tanking team wouldn't need that imho and he's not much of asset unless re-signed at bargain deal.

Possibly his agent wants more $ though I do think him being a free agent this year instead of last year is playing a part

The reports of him still working out at the bulls camp and skipping to play for his national team (1st time to do this)...sounds like he wants to resign

I don't think management cares either way as he doesn't move the tanking needle significantly

My guess they'll be content on giving him the QO
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball