Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 am

air gordon wrote:Boozer getting out on the break and finishing with dunks. I do not believe i have seen this Boozer since he was wearing a Jazz uniform. surprise surprise. I will not be fooled just yet but i will give credit where credit is due

And indeed, he followed that up with a stinker. Ugly loss there.

air gordon wrote:anyone here think Deng moved up on the amnesty list just behind Boozer?

I get where you're coming from, but I still think a trade is more likely. As you noted, he has value as an expiring contract and there's a reasonable chance that they can get something decent in return for him. I think Boozer is still head and shoulders above everyone else as far as amnesty candidates are concerned.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Jim Durham dies. That's sad news for Bulls fans who witnessed the second three-peat... and the latter days...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:32 pm

65, too soon. RIP.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 am

SteveHTOWN wrote:Jim Durham dies. That's sad news for Bulls fans who witnessed the second three-peat... and the latter days...
wtf. its sad news in general

he was doing the bulls games in the 80's. perhaps best remembered for his play by play on the "shot"
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby RedPhazon8 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:29 am

air gordon wrote:
SteveHTOWN wrote:Jim Durham dies. That's sad news for Bulls fans who witnessed the second three-peat... and the latter days...

RIP Jim

Derrick Rose's son was born recently:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/0 ... ef:nbahpts
RedPhazon8

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 am

Reliving a couple of moments and calls in his honour:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

And congratulations to D-Rose, too. Certainly happier news there.

Elsewhere, Pippen played a pickup game with President Obama.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Nice to see them bounce back against the Magic. More of this from Boozer, please.

phpBB [video]

And small nice words for Jim Durham.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Jim Durham did as much as Jordan in immortalizing Craig Ehlo.

Andrew wrote:Nice to see them bounce back against the Magic. More of this from Boozer, please.

It's against Big Baby, a player known for his defense and mad vertical.
Besides, it's the regular season, Bulls will get that from Boozer. Come playoff time...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 am

Granger out 3 months

The bulls may win the division now.

Red Kerr and Durham on the shot. classic.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby RedPhazon8 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:06 am

Bulls get to play on TNT tonight against the Thunder, hopefully they can take advantage of OKC's chemistry issues and steal one for the fans. (try to get over 100 this time for the free whopper...) :cheeky:
RedPhazon8

Postby NovU on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Heartbreaking loss for the Bulls tonight. Nearly stole the game but Durant just goes off. Exciting game nonetheless. Once again, Taj gets the job over Boozer in critical last few minutes of the game. Ibaka just had Boozer's numbers.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby RedPhazon8 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:06 pm

NovU wrote:Heartbreaking loss for the Bulls tonight. Nearly stole the game but Durant just goes off. Exciting game nonetheless. Once again, Taj gets the job over Boozer in critical last few minutes of the game. Ibaka just had Boozer's numbers.

If Taj brought his shooting from the Magic game I'd agree, but both Boozer and Taj didn't really produce as much as I thought. Boozer really needs to get in gear, the starting four around him did a great job and he didn't do anything impressive when he had a chance to.
RedPhazon8

Postby Dan's Brain on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 pm

air gordon wrote:Granger out 3 months

The bulls may win the division now.

That would be sadly funny. It's probably only going to take 42-43 wins to take the Central this year, sets the team up for a second round encounter with Miami.

Valiant effort against the Thunder. They shot 49% but still only won by 6 points, thanks to a late burst by Durant.

Boozer is 10/35 over the last three games. :facepalm2:
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Tough loss, not enough of an offensive punch in the fourth. Kind of the way it goes when you're without a player like Derrick Rose. Nice to see Deng coming alive, but Boozer is...well, Boozer.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:33 am

Andrew wrote:Tough loss, not enough of an offensive punch in the fourth. Kind of the way it goes when you're without a player like Derrick Rose. Nice to see Deng coming alive, but Boozer is...well, Boozer.

i question why was deng getting iso's in the post? he does not have a post move and cannot dribble more then once without it getting stolen

who do you guys identify as the bulls "core"??
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:05 am

Judging by the long term contracts they have in place, I'd say it's Rose, Noah and Gibson. I'd like to remain optimistic about Gibson but I think when it comes down to it, they're building around Rose and Noah, as they should. Those two are the only players on the current roster that I'd deem to be off-limits.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:22 pm

lol Noah off limits. If the Bulls can flip Noah for Millsap, forget Noah.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:25 pm

I probably should've said that Rose and Noah are the only players that I'd particularly want to keep moving forward. Rose is really the only one I'd say is off-limits but I wouldn't want to give up Noah unless a quality big is coming the other way, with a long term deal in place. I wouldn't actively shop him, but I'd have to listen if a good deal came along. I like Millsap, but I don't know that he's a can't-miss deal right now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:55 am

Given the way that Noah's started the season, I think he definitely needs to remain as part of the team's long-term make-up. He's somehow become the team's best offensive player to start the year, along with his already stellar defence. Taj is obviously entrenched in Chicago for the foreseeable future with his contract extension, which is fine. He still needs offensive development, which may or may not happen, given his advanced age as a fourth-year player. Deng is moveable, but only with another small forward coming back to replace him or supersede him, because Butler is not ready to shoulder those responsibilities. Nate Robinson has me eating humble pie. I've never liked anything about him, but he's performed well above my expectations to start the year. I'd be OK if his minutes stayed consistent once Rose returns.

Tough week coming up for the Bulls, all three games - Boston, Phoenix and the Clippers are certainly going to be a challenge.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby benji on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:59 am

Dan's Brain wrote:Given the way that Noah's started the season, I think he definitely needs to remain as part of the team's long-term make-up. He's somehow become the team's best offensive player to start the year, along with his already stellar defence. ... Nate Robinson has me eating humble pie. I've never liked anything about him, but he's performed well above my expectations to start the year.

Both these guys are playing like they always do. Robinson's actually been worse than expected because his turnovers have exploded.

This is why I thought the Bulls could afford to wait for Rose to come back and make another run at it. If Boozer could hit even 48-49% and the team find a way to not play Hinrich as much they'd be pretty good.

They should work on getting Butler a three point shot.
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 am

Dan's Brain wrote:Deng is moveable, but only with another small forward coming back to replace him or supersede him, because Butler is not ready to shoulder those responsibilities.

Agreed. I'm guessing he stays through the season unless a really good offer comes their way. I could see them actively trying to move him after this season though, when he'll be in the final year of his deal and have that added appeal of being an expiring contract.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Tried their absolute hardest to completely blow the lead against the Suns, but came up big when it mattered. Great return to form for Booz. More of that, please.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm

It shouldn't have come down to that, but fortunately they ultimately took care of business. At the end of the day, glad to see them get the win and some good numbers from Noah, Deng and Boozer.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby moe szyslak on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:35 pm

It's surprising how Nate's have been playing lately. I used to consider him as a leftover for the NBA, actually i was expecting him to sign for a chinesse team.

Too many turnovers, but still pretty decent.
moe szyslak

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 am

benji wrote:This is why I thought the Bulls could afford to wait for Rose to come back and make another run at it.

still riding that horse, eh?

Paxson at the beginning of the season..
He's made real good progress to this point, but there is still so much ahead of him. We'd be foolish to target any type of date (to return)...There's going to have to be a significant amount of time that he spends on the practice floor before we would even entertain him getting into a game

The one thing he's got to get to next that's really the big thing is being able to cut, the change of direction off that leg. He's been close and those are things that he has to get through, but there's no timeline. Those things will happen when his body says OK, it's time for this to happen
"I just can't see us, when that time comes, throwing him out there for 40 minutes a night," Paxson said. "That's my personal feeling . . . It's difficult to commit right now to anything because there are so many unknowns. The one thing we want to make sure we get right is properly getting him back to game action. Whatever steps we have to take in order to do that, we'll do."

Paxson basically assaulted Negro Del Vinny when he played Noah past his minute limit
A source late Tuesday night confirmed Yahoo! Sports' version that Paxson grabbed Del Negro's tie and poked him in the chest because he was upset Joakim Noah played more minutes than management wanted because of Noah's plantar fasciitis. Paxson, according to an independent source, also called Del Negro selfish and at least two Bulls assistant coaches had to restrain him. There was the cursing and yelling often overheard when men act like Neanderthals

Reinsdorf was the owner who dropped the gauntlet on Jordan's minutes when he was coming back from the foot injury. He is going to do the same with Rose. Sorry to disappoint.

Ha. So it sounds like most of this bulls roster is just a bunch of dead men walking…
I think the core is Rose and Noah. Gibson is a vital cog in the Thibbs defensive scheme but I can’t call him a player you build around. Next is Mirotic. The perception of him being the best overseas prospect makes him a valuable trading asset. Deng. Meh. I think management was upset about Deng electing to play in the Olympics. Can’t fault Deng for the decision but I believe Pax and crew were ticked he didn’t get the surgery and be done with the injury concerns. I think they will next year tell Deng if he is not willing to take a major paycut, he’s going to be outta here…

Noah is averaging 39mpg. Does Thibbs miss Asik that much (who magically has been able to cut down his foul rate, hit ft's, and average 10pg/12rpg)? This will not keep up.
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball