Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 am

One wonders how effective he can be with the way GarPax runs things, but it is nice to see nevertheless.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:49 am

Won't try to read the tea leaves on this one. Collins had a cush job being an analyst. Will miss him doing that work

I'ts been reported the Bulls staff is small compared to the rest of the league. So in that regard good move
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 am

Sources: Nikola Mirotic agrees to 2-year, $26 million deal with Bulls

Suppose it could be worse. With ballooning salaries, it's probably about the standard these days, and he's an expiring contract next season in the worst case scenario. Gotta fill the roster, and I figured they would end up re-signing him.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 am

I am guessing they signed him in fear of him playing improved basketball in another uniform, and potentially damaging management's already damaged reputation.

I don't like this signing though, might have been nice to see them sticking to young talents like Portis and Markannen, and giving them all they can handle for faster development. Just commit to tanking damn it.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Wade and Bulls agree to buyout.

Makes sense. Still, that has to drop their projected 75 ppg to around 55 ppg. This is gonna be one tough, ugly season.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Time for me to retire from this thread. Hot damn, that was one heck of an ugly ride.

Hoping to see him in Warriors jersey soon. lol
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Jackal on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Fucker. Shouldn't have opted in if "this wasn't what he signed up for" after the Bulls traded Butler.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 pm

On one hand I agree, but at the same time I can't fault him for not wanting to just leave money on the table. I kind of hope he goes to OKC, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:25 am

Andrew wrote:Sources: Nikola Mirotic agrees to 2-year, $26 million deal with Bulls

Suppose it could be worse. With ballooning salaries, it's probably about the standard these days, and he's an expiring contract next season in the worst case scenario. Gotta fill the roster, and I figured they would end up re-signing him.

NovU wrote:I am guessing they signed him in fear of him playing improved basketball in another uniform, and potentially damaging management's already damaged reputation.

I don't like this signing though, might have been nice to see them sticking to young talents like Portis and Markannen, and giving them all they can handle for faster development. Just commit to tanking damn it.

kinda meh to me too. now that Wade is gone this team is bottom barrell, with or without Niko. interesting Niko got a trade veto clause. i agree- play niko or bench him so the Finn youngster can play

next up- trade Lopez.

adios to the 3 Alpha's and novU. maybe in an alternate reality it would have worked.

kudos for a change to the management for getting this done before training camp.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:58 am

That's fair, they could've dragged it out and didn't. They don't get a lot of points for that, but credit where it's due all the same.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:21 am

More like a nod for doing your job vs gratitude haha

Media day. Always fun to see garpax get squeamish

And for giggles
https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/statu ... 22/photo/1
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:25 am

Yeah, "Good job on not screwing up" isn't quite the same as a simple "Good job". :lol:

Looks like that Tweet was deleted.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 am

boo! it had a pic of cam payne in uniform on a roller chair with a classic lost look on his face
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:57 am

Was it this one?

Also, this one may be a perfect summary of what the Bulls are dealing with right now. Paxson looks aggressive, Forman looks bewildered and dumbfounded, and Hoiberg looks absolutely lost.

Got them from here.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:53 am

Lol yes! Strong work. Wasn't sure if the twitter account was shut down by the bulls

I had heard the bulls PR had pulled media credentials of certain individuals who were critical of the bulls, specifically Ricky O'Donnell. Smh

Surprised Joe Cowley is still allowed
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:36 am

Never a good look, but not surprising, sadly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:41 am

how about them bulls hahah

ugly first half then a good watch in the 2nd. Jerian Grant a surprise good game.. as a playmaker. hurry up back, Lauri

i like that nwaba guy. hope he makes the roster
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:35 am

Andrew wrote:Was it this one?

[ Image ]

That image is a disservice to what Taj Gibson have contributed to the franchise...

There are reports that they will give an extension to Foreman. Go get your popcorns...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:01 am

It saddens me, but doesn't surprise me. I understand that rebuilding takes time, but like I said in a previous post, I don't trust GarPax to get the job done. There have been too many blunders so far, and if Markkanen doesn't pan out, that doesn't fill me with confidence that they're going to make shrewd picks moving forward. Since the only way they're going to rebuild is through the Draft, if they can't even do that, they shouldn't be calling the shots. And yet they'll have the opportunity to continue doing so, regardless.

As I said before, I wouldn't give them more than this year to prove they have a plan in place, and the smarts to see it through. wishful thinking on my part though, especially if there are already whispers of Forman getting an extension.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Double whammy- a report of a Foreman extension and another mention of Payne

Andrew, what more proof of a plan do you need? They traded away Butler, bought out Wade, waived Rondo.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 pm

Proof of competence from here on out, I suppose.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:24 am

ha get ready to turn in your fan card

so what is enough to keep you on the bulls wagon after this year? im guessing they finish bottom 3 and maintain their salary flexibility (and sell/give away 2nd round pick). what are your expectations of Markkanen and Dunn??
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:42 am

I survived Kornel David and Mario Bennett starting. I'll survive this. :P

I have higher hopes for Markkanen than Dunn. Obviously he still has a lot to prove against real NBA competition, but Markkanen does seem to have some skills, and may not be as one dimensional as I first thought/feared. I think if he can grab the starting spot and put up some decent numbers across the board - let's say early Toni Kukoc numbers - I'll feel optimistic. If he looks like Darko Milicic out there, on the other hand, not so much.

If Dunn can't at least shoot a respectable percentage from three and overall, I'd say he's basically going to be another Jonny Flynn, and out of the league just as quickly. Maybe it's too soon to judge as he's only got one year under his belt and he didn't really get to play all that much, but I can see that being a likely scenario at this juncture.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:48 am

hungarian jordan baby

ill be surprised if Markkanen starts.. at least for this year. barring injury, NIko or Portis should be starting. even more dung for garpax to eat if the rook beats those 2 out

kukoc is an interesting comparison. i don't see the skillset similarities though

so far in the preseason, dunn's shot is broke. johnny flynn. that's pretty damning. why?!
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:00 am

A point guard who can't shoot a lick and doesn't amaze elsewhere, basically.

I wasn't comparing Markkanen to Kukoc in terms of their exact skillsets, but glancing back at Kukoc's rookie numbers, he had some decent stats across the board (including 10.9 ppg) in fairly modest minutes. If Markkanen can get around 20-24 minutes by the end of the season, I think in the best case scenario he might be able to chip in across the boxscore and at least be one of the team's more consistent scorers. Whether he can get that much time with Niko and Portis does remain to be seen, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball