Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby NovU on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:46 pm

So Garpax finally pushed the button and plans to rebuild. Losing Butler for what seems to be so little still sucks tho. Dunn is nobody, No-Body, his draft day value is like x9 bigger than his present day value. Will need a lot to go right. LaVine also is not that good. Has broken game that is not easily fixable. He's proved to be a productive guy on a losing team, meaning meaningless stats stuffer. There's no signs of him turning into a star yet.

But Markkanen imo is a nice potential pick. Hopely Wade can get him the ball and develop to his strength. Too bad Rondo doesn't like passing to spot up jump shooters. Anyways, this seems to be Garpax finally pushing 'rebuilding' button. With Wade coming off the book next year, the Bulls might have a neat little young core to go about.

coach nick says
phpBB [video]

any opinion?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Valor wrote:
air gordon wrote:side note- can you believe it's garpax that has outlasted former COY Thibbs and now all Nba player Butler? hahaha

Sadly, I can. It's Reinsdorf after all...

At least there's the poetic justice in how Thibs just fleeced GarPax after they fired him for no reason in 2015. Karma is a bitch indeed.

Fleeced? More like an anal fisting.

At another site, a Bulls fan called Markkanen another McDermott.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:33 pm

"It was time": Sam Smith.

A very charitable and forgiving take for the guy who wrote "The Jordan Rules" back in the day. I know he's writing for the official website and he openly acknowledges it, but he still went really easy on GarPax.

That's not to say he doesn't have a point about biting the bullet and undergoing a painful rebuilding process rather than be mired in mediocrity. I get where he's coming from there. But the trade itself, what they received, what they sent away, how they ultimately decided to move on from Jimmy Butler...well, his spin seems far too positive for me to buy right now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:36 am

Despite my respect for bball breakdown and coach nick, I cant pass judgement on Laurie based on a highlight film

There's some skill there. He seems to fluid enough where he's not a stiff that just stays outside the arc. We'll see

I can't help but think regardless of who the bulls picked, the draftee would get blasted due it being part of the butler trade. Plus it doesn't help , fair or not, bulls fans are weary of similarly skilled (?) recent busts Niko and McDermott

I can't think of a recent trade by garpax where you thought "man, this was a great move! Great job management. I'm excited to see these guys in a bulls uniform "

Edit
What's the deal with them selling their 2nd round pick for cash!! We just saw McCaw give big minutes in the finals. This is so typical bulls. Fill their pockets wth cash instead of a taking a chance. Ugh
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Axel on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:16 am

air gordon wrote:Despite my respect for bball breakdown and coach nick, I cant pass judgement on Laurie based on a highlight film

There's some skill there. He seems to fluid enough where he's not a stiff that just stays outside the arc. We'll see

I can't help but think regardless of who the bulls picked, the draftee would get blasted due it being part of the butler trade. Plus it doesn't help , fair or not, bulls fans are weary of similarly skilled (?) recent busts Niko and McDermott

I can't think of a recent trade by garpax where you thought "man, this was a great move! Great job management. I'm excited to see these guys in a bulls uniform "

Edit
What's the deal with them selling their 2nd round pick for cash!! We just saw McCaw give big minutes in the finals. This is so typical bulls. Fill their pockets wth cash instead of a taking a chance. Ugh

Stop supporting them then. Its way better being a player fan these days anyway.
Axel

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:22 am

Haven't paid for a Bulls ticket for 2yrs and cut my cable out

Doesnt stop me from bitching about them on a msg board ;)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:03 am

Andrew wrote:"It was time": Sam Smith.

A very charitable and forgiving take for the guy who wrote "The Jordan Rules" back in the day. I know he's writing for the official website and he openly acknowledges it, but he still went really easy on GarPax.

That's not to say he doesn't have a point about biting the bullet and undergoing a painful rebuilding process rather than be mired in mediocrity. I get where he's coming from there. But the trade itself, what they received, what they sent away, how they ultimately decided to move on from Jimmy Butler...well, his spin seems far too positive for me to buy right now.

He has been really easy on them the past few years, it's a shame really. Management never gets held accountable.

air gordon wrote: I can't help but think regardless of who the bulls picked, the draftee would get blasted due it being part of the butler trade. Plus it doesn't help , fair or not, bulls fans are weary of similarly skilled (?) recent busts Niko and McDermott

I can only speak for myself but I don't blast the kid, it's the management we need to be going at because unless he turns out to be Dirk 2.0 instead of Mirotic 2.0 that was a shit trade.

air gordon wrote:I can't think of a recent trade by garpax where you thought "man, this was a great move! Great job management. I'm excited to see these guys in a bulls uniform "

Me neither, the last one that turned out "okay" in the end was 2009 trade for Salmons and Brad Miller. Salmons was big in our run to the playoffs that year and Brad Miller was a huge positive influence on Joakim Noah.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Jackal on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:55 am

Reading lots of Clarkson/Deng to Chicago for Wade chatter. Thoughts?
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:31 am

Both for Wade, or one or the other? I definitely wouldn't take Deng over Wade. In the worst case scenario, Wade's contract comes off the books next season, whereas Deng's signed for three more years at around $18 million per season. Clarkson's a more interesting option, but he's also signed for the next three seasons, and I'm not that sure about him. Both together, no way. Much worse than having Wade's contract expire at the end of the year.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:32 am

Jackal wrote:Reading lots of Clarkson/Deng to Chicago for Wade chatter. Thoughts?

Makes no sense (which is probably why it'll entertain GarPax), just buy him out. He's pissed and it'll effect the young guys in the locker room. Rondo should be gone too to make way for Dunn - which is why Clarkson makes no sense for us after we just traded the farm to get Dunn.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:03 am

At the expense of the Bulls, the Wolves might have just become a great fun team to watch. The team still lacks good 3pt shooting but Butler and KAT are gonna be a good duo to keep eyes on. If the Wolves resided in Eastern conference, might have instantly been a playoffs team.

air gordon wrote:I can't think of a recent trade by garpax where you thought "man, this was a great move! Great job management. I'm excited to see these guys in a bulls uniform

At least he's no Dolan or Phil. Not every team can have Ainge anyways, who's probably been the best in his field of work. Another easy way is to have a team in LA, the best place to live on this planet according to the Lakers fans.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Moz on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:27 am

Valor wrote:That's exactly why they should've gotten up high enough to get someone like Fox. I like Dunn but he's turnover and injury prone. If you're giving up a franchise player you should at least get a future franchise player in return....Fox would've been it. (Still not enough for Butler though, he's worth the #1 overall.)

Stupid but typical GarPax move.

air gordon wrote:i agree with valor here. top 5 pick and asset or no trade. fox would have been this acceptable. Butler was all nba and still has 2yrs left on his contract.

Just to be clear, I'm against to the trade as well but I rather have this one than what Boston is offering (which is a straight up swap for the 3rd pick). Some speculate that the Cavs/Suns deal includes Kyrie Irving going to the Bulls but I don't buy it since it doesn't make sense. I reckon Butler lost some value on his involvement with the locker room drama last season. There's a report a few weeks ago that the young Reinsdorf is on GarPax' throat because there's no movement about the team's development and he wants a clear plan. Perhaps this is a panic move (or perhaps a sabotage because they know they're on their way out?) that will finally cost them their jobs.

air gordon wrote:I can't think of a recent trade by garpax where you thought "man, this was a great move! Great job management. I'm excited to see these guys in a bulls uniform

I thought you were delighted with the DRose trade?
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:53 am

Moz The Boz wrote:Just to be clear, I'm against to the trade as well but I rather have this one than what Boston is offering (which is a straight up swap for the 3rd pick).

Boston was also offering 2018 first rounder that'll most likely be top 5 as well. I don't like either and I think they could've (should've) gotten at least what Boston was offering plus a few good players like Jaylen Brown. The 3rd + 16th + a top 5 next year and Brown I would be ok with.
Moz The Boz wrote:There's a report a few weeks ago that the young Reinsdorf is on GarPax' throat because there's no movement about the team's development and he wants a clear plan. Perhaps this is a panic move (or perhaps a sabotage because they know they're on their way out?) that will finally cost them their jobs.

When that day comes I'll celebrate as though we just won a title. Cause we sure aren't gonna fucking win one with GarPax at the helm.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Moz on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Valor wrote:
Moz The Boz wrote:Just to be clear, I'm against to the trade as well but I rather have this one than what Boston is offering (which is a straight up swap for the 3rd pick).

Boston was also offering 2018 first rounder that'll most likely be top 5 as well. I don't like either and I think they could've (should've) gotten at least what Boston was offering plus a few good players like Jaylen Brown. The 3rd + 16th + a top 5 next year and Brown I would be ok with.

No, that's what the Bulls are asking and they even asked for a straight up swap for the 3rd pick (so I'm wrong about the Celtics offering it. Wow, you can really tell that they badly wants to ship Butler) and Ainge still refused. He doesn't want to include any incentives even when they're trying to pry Butler last year so I reckon he will not entertain that kind of asking price.
Moz

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Moz The Boz wrote:
Valor wrote:

No, that's what the Bulls are asking and they even asked for a straight up swap for the 3rd pick (so I'm wrong about the Celtics offering it. Wow, you can really tell that they badly need to ship Butler) and Ainge still refused. He doesn't want to include any incentives even when they're trying to pry Butler last year so I reckon he will not entertain that kind of asking price.

Yeah so in that case they should've just pulled out altogether. They have the leverage. Jimmy's under contract for a few more years on a team friendly deal. If Ainge wants to be cheap then tell him to fuck off. Why turn around and give Thibs and the Wolves Jimmy B and a pick for less than what the cheapskate Ainge offered?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Moz on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Because
they badly need to ship Butler

probably because
There's a report a few weeks ago that the young Reinsdorf is on GarPax' throat because there's no movement about the team's development and he wants a clear plan.

hence...
Perhaps this is a panic move (or perhaps a sabotage because they know they're on their way out?) that will finally cost them their jobs.

Just look at that. He looks like the messiah who died so that we can be saved from this world's damnation.
Moz

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Moz The Boz wrote:Because
they badly need to ship Butler

probably because
There's a report a few weeks ago that the young Reinsdorf is on GarPax' throat because there's no movement about the team's development and he wants a clear plan.

hence...
Perhaps this is a panic move (or perhaps a sabotage because they know they're on their way out?) that will finally cost them their jobs.

All rumors they could've just denied. They still had all the fucking leverage in negotiations, and what do they get out of it? A marginal starter coming off ACL, a prospect PG who couldn't edge out a guy Minny didn't want for minutes, and only the 7th pick which they probably screwed up, plus they had to swap picks instead of getting an additional one.

That's like giving somebody $10m to open a fish and chips shop and he still manages to run the shop into bankruptcy.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:08 pm

But valor, fish n chips are awful food.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:47 pm

NovU wrote:But valor, fish n chips are awful food.

They just don't make them right where you're at.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Moz on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Valor wrote:All rumors they could've just denied. They still had all the fucking leverage in negotiations, and what do they get out of it? A marginal starter coming off ACL, a prospect PG who couldn't edge out a guy Minny didn't want for minutes, and only the 7th pick which they probably screwed up, plus they had to swap picks instead of getting an additional one.

That's like giving somebody $10m to open a fish and chips shop and he still manages to run the shop into bankruptcy.

You should've known GarPax by now after they dealt Deng and Gibson for raffle tickets and we all know that they have a massive hardon on Kris Dunn. It's also unfortunate that they have to share the attention with the likes of Paul George, Porzingis, and Aldridge being on the trading block. In hindsight, they should've dealt him last year and tanked for this year's draft.
Moz

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Moz The Boz wrote:
Valor wrote:All rumors they could've just denied. They still had all the fucking leverage in negotiations, and what do they get out of it? A marginal starter coming off ACL, a prospect PG who couldn't edge out a guy Minny didn't want for minutes, and only the 7th pick which they probably screwed up, plus they had to swap picks instead of getting an additional one.

You should've known GarPax by now after they dealt Deng and Gibson for raffle tickets and we all know that they have a massive hardon on Kris Dunn. It's also unfortunate that they have to share the attention with the likes of Paul George, Porzingis, and Aldridge being on the trading block. In hindsight, they should've dealt him last year and tanked for this year's draft.

Of course, none of it is surprising. Doesn't mean it's not irritating though.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:57 am

Yeah moz I was happy about the Rose trade. Good call. More so getting him outta town but yes gotta give management their props for that trade

Don't want to beat a dead horse anymore regarding management and the butler trade anymore

Novu
My soul hurts (lol) when I hear the at least garpax is not Dolan/Phil. Garpax stinks and that's the bottom line

I will remain hopeful with Dunn. His draft express profile is rather impressive. Statistically he was one of the worst rotation players though. Fingers crossed it's due to him adjusting, thibs not being rookie friendly, and twolves roster makeup
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:13 pm

We gave MCW a chance. Let's see what Dunn can do.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:48 am

Butler making some choice words against management

Yet another disgruntled player leaving the organisation

I hope wade is cut/bought out soon. Also hope Niko is not retained. Get them out of here so the young guys can play

The often mentioned veteran presence should be Pete Myers and Randy brown. Screw giving big contacts like lala did

Maybe just Rondo would be the only vet left. He seems legit as a mentor for the roster and will only be on 1yr contract/ easily moveable if it doesn't work out

When the smoke clears of gutting the roster I wonder close they are from being above the minimum team salary requirement
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:08 am

Tough to rebuild when you've got the reputation the front office does.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball