Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Moz on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:12 am

_Steve_ wrote:I'm no fan of a Wade to the Bulls scenario. Bulls have already a guard who likes attacking the rim. Imo they should more look for a Klay Thompson kind of guy that provides some long range shooting.

Isn't that's what Dunleavy is doing? One main problem with the Bulls is their lack of post/inside scorers that's why their outside scoring is inefficient...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby air gordon on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:24 am

no fucking way on wade. thank goodness that report was debunked. i don't know why any bulls fan would want him on the team!

PhatGeezer wrote:
_Steve_ wrote:I'm no fan of a Wade to the Bulls scenario. Bulls have already a guard who likes attacking the rim. Imo they should more look for a Klay Thompson kind of guy that provides some long range shooting.

Isn't that's what Dunleavy is doing? One main problem with the Bulls is their lack of post/inside scorers that's why their outside scoring is inefficient...

i think they need another scorer in general. i wont be picky. just find a guy that can create scoring opportunities for himself.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:11 pm

air gordon wrote:no fucking way on wade. thank goodness that report was debunked. i don't know why any bulls fan would want him on the team!

i would wonder why anyone outside of miami would want him on their team
Sauru

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:52 pm

He may still be a very good player but his knees are his problem.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby _Steve_ on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Stress Fracture wrote:He may still be a very good player but his knees are his problem.

Oden might be one of the best center in the league but his knees...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:13 pm

I like the acquisition of Gasol, though it's yet to be determined just how they're getting him. Either way, he's a welcome addition.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Moz on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:27 am

@daldridgetnt wrote:Bulls will sign Kirk Hinrich to two-year, $5.6M deal for room exception ($2.73M next season), w/player option for 2nd season, per source.

@WojYahooNBA wrote:Euro star Nikola Mirotic's deal with the Chicago Bulls will be three years, $17M-plus, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby NovU on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Doug McDermott lights it up in his debut. Amazing, 31pts on 7/12 shooting, 12 for 12 from charity line, 5 for 9 threes. The Bulls won by 27 in a blowout.

Quite frankly, I kinda hoped the Bulls would pass on Gasol on last legs. I don't know if he could necessarily make the team better anymore than Boozer did (I'm pessimistic). More McDermott and Mirotic would have been exciting for me but throw Taj and Dunleavy into the mix, it's a lot of mouth to feed. What's Bulls fans take on this?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:19 pm

I'd rather they have too much depth than not enough. Good moves so far...now it's up to Rose's knees.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:00 pm

NovU wrote:Doug McDermott lights it up in his debut. Amazing, 31pts on 7/12 shooting, 12 for 12 from charity line, 5 for 9 threes. The Bulls won by 27 in a blowout.

actually the bulls debut was yesterday. McD was pedestrian then. perhaps a little jitters on his pro debut. looked quite comfortable out there today for sure. Snell's footwork on setting up his shot looks excellent compared to last year. he looks more calm and balanced on his jumpers.

Quite frankly, I kinda hoped the Bulls would pass on Gasol on last legs. I don't know if he could necessarily make the team better anymore than Boozer did (I'm pessimistic). More McDermott and Mirotic would have been exciting for me but throw Taj and Dunleavy into the mix, it's a lot of mouth to feed. What's Bulls fans take on this?

miami can have boozer then lol

there are legit concerns on Gasol's decline and injuries. i will chalk up part of his stat decline to playing on that dreadful lakers team last year. With Noah and Gibson on board (and to some extent Mirotic and MCd), Gasol no longer has to be relied on for 30+ minutes. the same goes for Noah, who has been worn down the past 2 seasons come playoff time.

With the news of Mirotic signing for 3yr/17mil and Hinrich resigning for some crappy roster exception, i am guessing the bulls did not break the bank on Gasol. It is strange Gasol is not officially a bull just yet/we don't know the terms of his contract... though Woja was reporting 6.5mil a year. if anything close to that figure, i'm happy with the Gasol pickup. i have never been a fan of his but i will admit he highly skilled. i suppose i will tolerate him flopping everytime he shoots a contested interior shot and him flexing his non muscles after a dunk as long as he's healthy and putting up numbers.

assuming there are no more significant moves....
Rose-Hinrich
Butler-Snell
MJD, McD
Gasol,Taj, Mirotic
Noah,Bairstow
roster fodder

they still need more perimeter help. too bad there wasn't a significant impact sg/sf aside from anthony this offseason (sorry not counting stephenson). maybe if Mirotic shows he is the goods, Taj is the trade piece to land this mythical scoring playmaker sg/sf

GarPax are putting a lot of stock on Butler stepping his offense, Snell making significant improvements, and McD being able to contribute this season. Mirotic is getting paid a lot $$ to average maybe 15mpg this year
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Yahoo is now reporting that Gasol's deal is in the $22 million range, over three years. Pretty reasonable.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:38 am

air gordon wrote:miami can have boozer then lol

LoL, I only can wish. Boozer instantly becomes a starter over McBob and much needed best rebounder. But other teams will probably beat Miami to it.

air gordon wrote:assuming there are no more significant moves....
Rose-Hinrich
Butler-Snell
MJD, McD
Gasol,Taj, Mirotic
Noah,Bairstow
roster fodder

The Bulls will probably complete the roster with 2 or 3 more players, but probably non significant as 11-15th players are garbage time, bare minimum, and non playoffs players(preferably talent stash in development). The 76ers got away with 12 players but it's unusual and it's being a cheap franchise that wants to save money. The Bulls got 11 in your quote, and 9 of them capable rotational guys so I don't think the Bull will get anyone significant via FA, perhaps through trade though. But I don't think heavy Rose - Hinrich - Butler isn't too shabby backcourt rotation. You have improved Snell as an insurance too.

BTW, this roster looks amazing to me. 3 starters are potential superstars, 2 other starters are capable role players, and the DEPTH might turn out to be something special. Taj would start on most teams. It's either McD or MJD from bench as a scoring support. Mirotic has potential to be an instant plus player. Hinrich... is capable when healthy. Looks luxurious to me from all angles. Let Rose be the 10 wins guy(was 13 in his MVP), and I think we're possibly looking at the best team from East.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 pm

i think boozer will actually be a great pick up for a team next season if the bulls drop him. he can sign really low to help a team win a ring
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 am

Boozer is now officially gone.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:59 am

Teams with salary cap can bid for Boozer. Miami Heat has no chance. But any other place other than CLE, I will be fine.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 am

NovU wrote:But I don't think heavy Rose - Hinrich - Butler isn't too shabby backcourt rotation. You have improved Snell as an insurance too.

or shabby either. Hinrich is guaranteed to get hurt again next year and is one year closer to being better served as an assistant coach. with a lesser workload, maybe Butler's perimeter game bounces back.

BTW, this roster looks amazing to me. 3 starters are potential superstars, 2 other starters are capable role players, and the DEPTH might turn out to be something special. Taj would start on most teams. It's either McD or MJD from bench as a scoring support. Mirotic has potential to be an instant plus player. Hinrich... is capable when healthy. Looks luxurious to me from all angles. Let Rose be the 10 wins guy(was 13 in his MVP), and I think we're possibly looking at the best team from East.

bulls boozer jerseys on the sale...that's a glass half full approach.

of course Rose returning to form is the key to their success. you can put an asterisk as them being contenders since it is the eastern conf they play in. I am not sure if GarPax have done enough.

the Gasol pickup was solid but still the glaring need for another playmaker and 2nd legit scoring option remains. it's nice to Snell and McBuckets play well in summer league but relying on those 2 and the 30 something Dunleavy Jr to pull them from the bottom of the 3pt shooting barrel is asking a lot.

maybe this is the year the bulls move away from being a "try hard" team. Thibs can look down his bench and see he can go at least 8 deep

i hope Thibs finds a way to get Mirotic more then 15mpg+.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:23 am

Sauru wrote:i think boozer will actually be a great pick up for a team next season if the bulls drop him. he can sign really low to help a team win a ring

he would be good in a reserve role. curious to see what offers come his way
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 am

Maybe he can mend some fences too, and return to Cleveland alongside LeBron.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 am

air gordon wrote:the Gasol pickup was solid but still the glaring need for another playmaker and 2nd legit scoring option remains. it's nice to Snell and McBuckets play well in summer league but relying on those 2 and the 30 something Dunleavy Jr to pull them from the bottom of the 3pt shooting barrel is asking a lot.

maybe this is the year the bulls move away from being a "try hard" team. Thibs can look down his bench and see he can go at least 8 deep

i hope Thibs finds a way to get Mirotic more then 15mpg+.

You got me thinking, the Bulls are loaded on the frontcourt but it also might cause a log jam problem as all of them will want the minutes and touches. You have 4 all capable bigs, 4 and 1/2 as McD also operates around the paint area often. Taj has bigger competition at his position now, instead just Boozer, there's Gasol, Mirotic, McD now. Will he be still effective and allow others to be effective?

I'm now really interested how Thibs will handle minute allocation, especially at the big position. Last season it was strictly Boozer/Noah/Gibson. He now needs to work in 2 more players into the rotation (or 1.5). Likely somebody or 2 has to become Nazr Mohammed of last season.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:15 pm

McDermott is on pace to become a Summer league MVP imo. It's only a summer league but he's looking like a great pick despite criticism from several experts. I guess that's why he slipped outside the top 10 pick.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/?p=1282
D: Chicago Bulls: Doug McDermott: The Bulls had a chance to do something big and whiffed. They had two picks and combined them to move up and reach for a role player while some pretty solid players were left on the board. McDermott might even be something less than a role player.He has real bust potential. If they wanted to save money for cap space reasons why not draft and stash Capela with one pick and tale a Harris or Adams with the other. That would fill a huge need woth a better player than McDermott and add another free future asset. The Bulls used to be one of the better drafting teams in the league. The last 3 years they have been one of the worst. Joakim Noah’s energy won’t carry this team forever. They need to be smarter with their assets and using two draft picks in this draft to get McDermott is a huge overpay.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby _Steve_ on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:46 pm

I like what I've seen from McDermott so far. But let's not forget, it's just the summer league, a place where even the GOAT (AMMO) shined last year.
So let's see if McDermott is able to contribute also on a decent level during preseason.
_Steve_

Postby benji on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Chicago Bulls have offered three-year contract to Australian draftee Cameron Bairstow, per source.
benji

Postby air gordon on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 am

NovU wrote:You got me thinking, the Bulls are loaded on the frontcourt but it also might cause a log jam problem as all of them will want the minutes and touches. You have 4 all capable bigs, 4 and 1/2 as McD also operates around the paint area often. Taj has bigger competition at his position now, instead just Boozer, there's Gasol, Mirotic, McD now. Will he be still effective and allow others to be effective?

I'm now really interested how Thibs will handle minute allocation, especially at the big position. Last season it was strictly Boozer/Noah/Gibson. He now needs to work in 2 more players into the rotation (or 1.5). Likely somebody or 2 has to become Nazr Mohammed of last season.

I don't think the big man minutes will be an issue. Last year thibs ran noah into the ground because he couldn't trust anyone else. Im assuming it's noah and gasol starting but neither should be averaging over 30 mins if thibs can help it. Thats 38mins available for the rest.

I don't think dunleavy will be averaging 30+ minutes this year. It's an open competition at SF and I think mirotic could see some time there too

If morrison or mcd was black, would they still be used in comparison??
Jump.
air gordon

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:00 am

air gordon wrote:If morrison or mcd was black, would they still be used in comparison??

Paul Pierce was also in the mix when talking about not so athletic SFs.
AMMO was just the first that came to my mind when thinking of a player who didn't made the team last year despite playing outstanding at college and also well during summer league.
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:19 am

Good point gord. Thibs has a job to go 8-9 player deep this season which he hasnt done for years. Interesting.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball