The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Sauru on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:10 am

i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

with all that said i fucking hate flopping and want it gone but it will never go away until the league forces it to go away. until then coaches will continue to teach players how to sell calls as they have since the beginning of time.
Sauru

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 am

It's up for the refs to decide if it is a flop or not. If somebody is fouling you and you are 250 lbs like LeBron for example, I think it is normal to exagerate.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 am

Sauru wrote:i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

with all that said i fucking hate flopping and want it gone but it will never go away until the league forces it to go away. until then coaches will continue to teach players how to sell calls as they have since the beginning of time.

That's generally how I feel as well. As long as it's considered a legitimate tactic and gamesmanship, players are going to try to make it work for them. It's kind of grubby, though. The league has admittedly tried to address it, but much like the "zero tolerance technicals" approach they tried about ten years ago, the efforts have been halfhearted and inconsistent, and ultimately ineffective.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 am

Andrew wrote:
Sauru wrote:i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

That's generally how I feel as well. As long as it's considered a legitimate tactic and gamesmanship, players are going to try to make it work for them. It's kind of grubby, though. The league has admittedly tried to address it, but much like the "zero tolerance technicals" approach they tried about ten years ago, the efforts have been halfhearted and inconsistent, and ultimately ineffective.

That's the problem, they try to curve it with halfway effort. I remember a couple fines being thrown out there one season, and some warnings. But nothing concrete.

Unfortunately, it's just as bad now as it has ever been. It hurts the game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:08 am

Yeah, inconsistent fines are meaningless to players making a ton of money, especially when teams are probably happy to step in and pay the fines for them. Simply not giving players the calls sends a strong message by removing the tactic's effectiveness.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am

Big test for the Knicks tonight in Toronto;

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rapt ... -and-more/
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 am

I'm not mad at the Knicks losing to Hoston, but Atlanta?????? C'mon. They have to start doing better on the road, because they have a killer schedule coming up.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 am

Porzingis is questionable for tonight's game vs OKC. Damn, this cat won't have a long NBA career getting hurt every other day.

I'll be very disappointed if Carmelo gets a standing 'O' at MSG (which he probably will, because these younger Knick fans are clueless). He's not on Ewing's level, or even Bernard King's. Aside from that one year, he was a bust in NY.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:30 am

Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am

Noah's career has really hit the skids. As for Porzingas, you obviously don't want him taking unnecessary risks, but with it happening consistently against elite teams and the injuries seemingly coming out of nowhere, you can't help but raise an eyebrow.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:18 am

I am so done with Hornacek.....the rest of the season should be about developing Frank. Does management actually think this a playoff team?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3792019
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Kristaps Porzingis MRI Reveals Knee Injury to Be Torn ACL; Will Undergo Surgery

The New York Knicks announced Tuesday star forward Kristaps Porzingis tore the ACL in his left knee.

Porzingis injured himself after dunking over Giannis Antetokounmpo during Tuesday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. He landed awkwardly and was carried to the locker room by teammates.

Shams Charania of The Vertical reported Porzingis will undergo season-ending surgery.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 am

Damn, my condolences Knicks fans. That's a tough blow. Hope he fully recovers and returns to his unicorn form.
Jackal

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:14 am

Jackal wrote:Damn, my condolences Knicks fans. That's a tough blow. Hope he fully recovers and returns to his unicorn form.

The Knicks have been cursed since Jeff Van Gundy left. Time to break it down, tank, get into the lottery and rebuild......AGAIN. Seems like I've saying that a lot since 2001. And I have no faith in our clueless front office, particularly Steve Mills. This is the same assclown who gave THJ a $71mil contract. HE'S going to turn this s***hole franchise around?????

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3806109
Jeffx

Postby benji on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

NEW YORK KNICKS
Noah was banished from the Knicks after an altercation with coach Jeff Hornacek during a practice last month. The disagreement stemmed from Noah’s lack of playing time, and it turned physical the day after he logged only five minutes against the Warriors.

While no punches were thrown, a source told the Daily News' Frank Isola that Hornacek was the first to shove Noah before they had to be separated.
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Hey now, that brand of dysfunction is infringing on the Bulls' copyright!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:19 am

Noah with the 'roid rage.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:57 pm

benji wrote:NEW YORK KNICKS
Noah was banished from the Knicks after an altercation with coach Jeff Hornacek during a practice last month. The disagreement stemmed from Noah’s lack of playing time, and it turned physical the day after he logged only five minutes against the Warriors.

While no punches were thrown, a source told the Daily News' Frank Isola that Hornacek was the first to shove Noah before they had to be separated.

Noah & Hornacek...two lasting gifts from Phil Jackson. BOTH need to go.

Knicks are in for a long rebuild, like Philadelphia's. So f-n frustrating Andrew. The franchise has been pathetic since 2001, and we're looking at another 4-5 years of sucking, maybe more. I have very little faith in Steve Mills.

Troy Williams to sign a 10-day contract;

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baske ... s/?src=rss
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:45 am

Jeffx wrote:
benji wrote:NEW YORK KNICKS

Noah & Hornacek...two lasting gifts from Phil Jackson. BOTH need to go.

Knicks are in for a long rebuild, like Philadelphia's. So f-n frustrating Andrew. The franchise has been pathetic since 2001, and we're looking at another 4-5 years of sucking, maybe more. I have very little faith in Steve Mills.

Troy Williams to sign a 10-day contract;

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baske ... s/?src=rss

What did you think of Trey Burke last night? And how the Knicks are rotating through guards?

https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/knicks-begin-justifying-why-point-guard-move-wont-be-ntilikina/
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 am

Burke did well I guess....I'm just so frustrated. Watching Donovan Mitchell makes me sick to my stomach. This kid was right in our lap, but our genius owner waits until AFTER the draft to dump Phil. Of course Phil picks the french fry because he fits the f-n triangle. The incompetence of this organization knows no bounds.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:26 am

Jeffx wrote:Burke did well I guess....I'm just so frustrated. Watching Donovan Mitchell makes me sick to my stomach. This kid was right in our lap, but our genius owner waits until AFTER the draft to dump Phil. Of course Phil picks the french fry because he fits the f-n triangle. The incompetence of this organization knows no bounds.

Yeah, it's almost like he intentionally screwed the Knicks over with that pick. It still doesn't make sense to me.

I do think Frank will end up being a good NBA player, but Donovan Mitchell has/had pretty obvious advantages. But, supposedly Phil was sleeping through workouts... so yeah.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 am

Oh he screwed us big time with that pick, along with Noah's ridiculous contract......Knicks have no choice but to buy him out.

And yes, Phil was sleeping through workouts. He pulled off one of the biggest con jobs in sports history.

The french fry is only 19, so maybe he'll develop, who knows? But he's not the athletic, explosive player this franchise needs to pair with Porzingis.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:46 am

So far, Mudiay has turned out to be a bust.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3889573

At least Trae Young wants to play here, lol.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3888440
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 am

There's something oddly poetic about the Bulls and Knicks battling each other in the race to the bottom. Not quite as exciting as their Playoff clashes, mind you.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:40 am

Andrew wrote:There's something oddly poetic about the Bulls and Knicks battling each other in the race to the bottom. Not quite as exciting as their Playoff clashes, mind you.

The most frustrating part is I have ZERO confidence that the Knicks front office can get this franchise to where Philly is. Knicks have been a laughing-stock for nearly 20 years, mostly because of short-term thinking by management.
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball