The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Sauru on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:10 am

i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

with all that said i fucking hate flopping and want it gone but it will never go away until the league forces it to go away. until then coaches will continue to teach players how to sell calls as they have since the beginning of time.
Sauru

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 am

It's up for the refs to decide if it is a flop or not. If somebody is fouling you and you are 250 lbs like LeBron for example, I think it is normal to exagerate.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 am

Sauru wrote:i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

with all that said i fucking hate flopping and want it gone but it will never go away until the league forces it to go away. until then coaches will continue to teach players how to sell calls as they have since the beginning of time.

That's generally how I feel as well. As long as it's considered a legitimate tactic and gamesmanship, players are going to try to make it work for them. It's kind of grubby, though. The league has admittedly tried to address it, but much like the "zero tolerance technicals" approach they tried about ten years ago, the efforts have been halfhearted and inconsistent, and ultimately ineffective.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 am

Andrew wrote:
Sauru wrote:i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

That's generally how I feel as well. As long as it's considered a legitimate tactic and gamesmanship, players are going to try to make it work for them. It's kind of grubby, though. The league has admittedly tried to address it, but much like the "zero tolerance technicals" approach they tried about ten years ago, the efforts have been halfhearted and inconsistent, and ultimately ineffective.

That's the problem, they try to curve it with halfway effort. I remember a couple fines being thrown out there one season, and some warnings. But nothing concrete.

Unfortunately, it's just as bad now as it has ever been. It hurts the game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:08 am

Yeah, inconsistent fines are meaningless to players making a ton of money, especially when teams are probably happy to step in and pay the fines for them. Simply not giving players the calls sends a strong message by removing the tactic's effectiveness.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am

Big test for the Knicks tonight in Toronto;

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rapt ... -and-more/
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 am

I'm not mad at the Knicks losing to Hoston, but Atlanta?????? C'mon. They have to start doing better on the road, because they have a killer schedule coming up.
Jeffx

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball