Ricky Davis

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Ricky Davis

Postby Stevan on Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:44 pm

What the heck's going on here? 45 points the other day, and 42 today + 8 assists... isn't this the Ricky Davis that was undrafted?? He has had some good scoring (20+) games this season.
Stevan

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:15 pm

Ricky Davis was drafted 21st overall in 1998...but he's certainly having a breakout season, finally starting on a regular basis and playing around 38 minutes per game. If Michael Redd doesn't get MIP, Davis will probably receive that honour.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:01 pm

if he keeps this up there is certainly a bright future in Cleveland. Once this team matures together a little and with the help of another good draft pick this year (likely) the Cavs can make some noise.
They will have Davis who can put up 20 -25 every night, and explode for these huge nights every once in a while. He is a decent defender and certainly is ready to be a star.
Wagner who is looking like a veteran already, and putting up great rookie numbers. He took the load while Davis and Miles were/are having some great scoring nights. His shots have dropped since Davis return but if they can work together, they would be a very impressive scoring tandem.
All the Cavs hopes lie in the Big Z staying healthy. If you can have a good big man in the East, your already halfway ahead. Z will be an All Star this year and he deserves it. He has battled all these foot problems and now is showing what everyone knew from the start.
Miles is instant offence and sure to get the fans in. Carlios Boozer is having a good rookie year, after everyone passed him in the first round after a good season at Duke :? . I think he should be starting in front of Hill. Tyrone is a great rebounder, but so is Boozer, who has been getting jst as many rebounds and points as Hill in less minutes since his return from injury. If the draft is kind things will be looking up in Cleveland in no time.
Last edited by Clinton on Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clinton

Postby MC Hao on Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:23 am

It's surprising that Davis suddenly got treys...
MC Hao

Postby Rens on Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:29 am

isn't this the Ricky Davis that was undrafted??

Maybe you're confused with Brad Miller, another guy who panned out once he was out of Charlotte, he did went undrafted. Lee Nailon was drafted by them in the second round but played his first season in Italy, coming into the league in 2000 making him look undrafted as well ;) Looks like Charlotte has a nice knack for picking up great talent for little money but they're letting them all go :P
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby :digerati: on Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:02 am

Miles is instant offence

No, he's instant bricked shots outside 5 feet.

Ricky Davis is the best player on this team (because of Z's minute limit) and his "tantrums" are because he doesn't like the losing and the moronic front office.

Unfortunately, Wagner needs to become more a distributor to really exploit the talents of the Cavaliers. Or they need to go back and time and sign Boykins when tried to earlier this season.
:digerati:

Postby Clinton on Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:20 am

No, he's instant bricked shots outside 5 feet.

I mean he comes out and attacks. No he isn't the greatest shooter, he really needs to work on that and his defence before he can be depended on as a leader. I is the Cavs 4th option on offence now anyway with Davis, Z, and Wagner. But he is going to get points. He is a good offensive player even though he isn't a great shooter because he is a great penetrater and open court runner. The Cavs love to go out and just try to outscore you, a bit different from a few years ago. They aren't the best defensive team so they need their scorers. Miles shoots a few bad jumpshots then realises he has to take it to the basket. He goes out there to excite the crowd and most games he does it.
Clinton

Postby :digerati: on Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:37 am

I still can't see Miles helping this team. He can't shoot and he's gotten worse every season at it, and now it's really important because the rest of the team is basically sans-shooters, Wagner is not a shooter so no one can take pressure off of Davis and Z. He's also too slight to play the PF which hurts his defense and rebounding (which has also dropped every year).

The Cavs should move him before his stock drops anymore for some kind of PG, or maybe even that great guy in Memphis. Stromile Swift.

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:48 am

Miles can't posibly help a team...he's tall but he can't rebount, he can't shoot, he can berly jump, and when he\does it's only to catch an alyyup...he should go join the circus and be the scary, thin, dunkin maniac...couse he ain't got any basketball talent...
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Clinton on Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:49 am

The Cavs should move him before his stock drops anymore for some kind of PG, or maybe even that great guy in Memphis. Stromile Swift.

Darius Miles and Jumaine Jones for Stromile Swift and Brevin Knight.
Clinton

Postby :digerati: on Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:04 am

Pabel wrote:he should go join the circus and be the scary, thin, dunkin maniac

*chuckle* That was an amusing post pabel, the complete disregard for the English language only added to the chuckleness rating.
Clinton wrote:Darius Miles and Jumaine Jones for Stromile Swift and Brevin Knight.

Jerry West wouldn't make a lousy trade like that. IMO (not Jerry's) a better deal would be Tyrone Hill, Darius Miles and 2003 first round pick for Stromile Swift and Brevin Knight.

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:10 am

*chuckle* That was an amusing post pabel, the complete disregard for the English language only added to the chuckleness rating.

me lovz englisss :D

Jerry West wouldn't make a lousy trade like that. IMO (not Jerry's) a better deal would be Tyrone Hill, Darius Miles and 2003 first round pick for Stromile Swift and Brevin Knight

well...considering that knight is a walking, short piece of crap...and also that sto may be a good defender...he's not worth what will most probebly be a 1st overoll pick.....plus tyrone hill is a good rebounder, and miles is a good...ehh....dunker :P
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Clinton on Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:15 am

considering that knight is a walking, short piece of crap

Knight is a pretty good point guard. Or so I thought :?

Jerry West wouldn't make a lousy trade like that. IMO (not Jerry's) a better deal would be Tyrone Hill, Darius Miles and 2003 first round pick for Stromile Swift and Brevin Knight.

That's alright, that would get rid of Miles, give Boozer more playing time and still get the Cavs Stro!!
Clinton

Postby :digerati: on Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:23 am

Swift is better than Miles on both ends of the floor. LeBron James would cause a logjam with Davis, Wagner and Jones. Hill is old and has an expiring deal (why Memphis would want him)

As for Brevin Knight:
Career: 27.3mpg 8.1ppg 6.3apg 1.89spg
Rookie starting in CLE: 9.0ppg 8.2apg 2.45spg
Current Season if he started and played 36mpg: 8.2ppg, 3.8rpg, 10.1apg, 2.86spg

Hardly a walking piece of crap.

Don't forget to factor in the fact that the Cavs have nothing better, and that his distrubition abilities would free up Wagner to shoot some more (which would please you to no end Pabel).

C- Ilgauskas
F- Swift
F- Davis
G- Wagner
G- Knight
Boozer, Jones, Parker, Palacio, Coles, Diop, Stewart and Mihm

Clearly beats the hell out of

C- Ilgauskas
F- Hill
F- Davis
G- Wagner
G- Palacio
Boozer, Miles, Jones, Parker, Coles, Diop, Stewart and Mihm
:D

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:30 am

Well...knight can't play 36...he's too old...plus the cavs ain't going anywhere this year with or without sto...i don't see why they should Lebrown or howeveer up for him...

well...me go out...so i won't be contributing to this convo for 3 hours
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Clinton on Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:43 am

Well...knight can't play 36...he's too old

:? Brevin Knight too old?? He is 27 years old!! God, you gotta be a teenager to play in this league these days!!!
Clinton

Postby MC Hao on Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:27 pm

Knight is 27? I thought he's much older than that. He's been in the league like forever. Anyway check out this line:

Ricky Davis 3pt Shooting
14-19 in the last four games (two 40+ games)
1-7 in the first 18 games

How did he do that? Dropping 14 times more treys in 4 games than he did in 18 games!
MC Hao

Postby :digerati: on Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:24 pm

He's simply taking more attempts from out there? It might have something to do with Wagner being on the floor too.

Since when is Knight 36 years old? Someone born in 1975 is 36? Silly Pabel and his crazy mathematics.

Postby Clinton on Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:34 pm

Knight is 27? I thought he's much older than that. He's been in the league like forever.

Brevin Knight was born on the 8th of November 1975. He has played 5 years in the league.

another note, a good win for the Cavs against the Nuggies, 111-104. Illgauskas and Wagner top scored for the Cavs with 29 points each. Z also had 8 boards, 7 blocks and 11 turnovers!!! Ricky Davis finished with 27 points, 8 boards and 7 assists. Darius Miles had 10 points and 7 boards off the bench. Boozer gave the Cavs even more reasons to start him by having a solid 14 point and 11 board performance. Tyrone Hill on the other hand played 9 minutes after starting. Was he injured?? I don't really care. Boozer deserves to start.
Clinton

Postby :digerati: on Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:52 pm

I like Boozer coming off the bench, same with Miles (who refuses to improve just like Kwame), it's kinda like the Pistons bringing Corliss off the bench to provide that spark. It increases the depth of the team too. Infact, I like any team that does that (bringing good players that most people would start off the bench), it adds that looming threat feel.

Postby Clinton on Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:46 pm

Well instead of Tyrone Hill starting and only playing 9 minutes, I'd like to see Boozer get the start.
Clinton

Postby Rens on Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:44 am

Knight and Wagner would be quite a small backcourt, offensively it looks pretty good but don't you think that could be exploited defensively pretty easy? Didn't Krause want Miles.. what about getting Crawford and Hassel for Miles and um... dunno who else? But that as a base.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby :digerati: on Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:16 am

It's not like the Cavaliers play defense anyway. Plus with their current backcourt (Wagner and Parker/Coles/Palacio) it's the same thing so I don't see why increasing the teams play offensively while keeping it the same or increasing it slightly defensively would hurt.

Postby Boyk on Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:31 am

Well all I have to say is thta ricky davis is fo real!!!
ive been waiting for him to finally get his chance to show his talent ever since he was at miami which we only seen 7 games :(

22.7ppg 4.3rpg 4.1apg 1.48spg .450FG's .500 3's

hes only 23 aswell and htey are very solid numbers

heheheh im now luaghing at the guy on the EA message boards who said hes nuthin but a scorer, lol i think hes a little more than JUST a scorer now
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby MC Hao on Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:40 am

I was so happy that I traded Derek Anderson for Ricky Davis in my fantasy league early this season, and the that trade was offered to me, not me offering someone else. Ha, looks like I am the winner of that trade now. :lol:
MC Hao

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball