Ricky Davis

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Clinton on Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:37 pm

Whatever is in the Cavs future they need another point guard. Wagner can start, but you can play him at the 2 at other times, bringing in a natural point (Brevin Knight would be perfect, also Tinsley). Then run a lineup of Tinsley, Wagner, Davis, Boozer and Z. They have all the scorers they need, they just need to get that guy who knows how to get them the ball. Learning to play a bit of team defence would help too.
Clinton

Postby Clinton on Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:37 pm

Just an update on the Cavs. They lost today against the Pistons 111-106. Z had a big game with 29 points, 7 boards and 4 blocks. He was backed up by Davis who had 20points, 11 assists, 6 boards and 3 steals. Boozer had another great game with 15 points, 10 boards and 3 blocks. Wagner had another sad game with 4 points (2 of 9 fgs). Smush Parker had 16 off the bench.The Pistons were led by Chauncey Billups and his 23. Ben Wallace had 19 boards, 9 points and 3 blocks and Jon Barry had 17 off the bench.
Clinton

Postby champ on Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:25 pm

if the Cavs still had Andre Miller, they would be in great shape.
champ

Postby EGarrett on Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:25 am

The Bulls would like to clear space for Williams and get someone to play whatever swing position Rose doesn't. The Cavs want a big point guard. I don't know why they don't just trade Crawford + cap filler for Ricky Davis...
EGarrett

Postby Rens on Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:50 am

I doubt the Cavs would do that... they've shown stupidity this summer but not that much ;)
I proposed on realgm Cle-Por: Hill+Jones for Daniels+Patterson thought it would make a nice trade. Maybe they could pry away Aaron McKie? Not a prototype PG but he started there before Snow in Philly and could be lured away for some talent (dunno now after the past trade though)
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Clinton on Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:16 pm

I don't know why they don't just trade Crawford + cap filler for Ricky Davis...

Like Dan said, the Cavs are stupid, but not that stupid. Ricky Davis is their best player and the future of the team, they are not going to trade him for a mediocre point guard.

Maybe they could pry away Aaron McKie? Not a prototype PG

You wouldn't really want him as your starting point though. He isn't a great ballhandler and a little slow for the leagues little guards.
Clinton

Postby MajaFiggaz_Early! on Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:19 pm

Considering the problems with Ricky Davis and coach Lucas, and Ricky and Tyrone Hill, I wouldn't put anything past them...Oh Yeah and Ricky D got less all-start votes than Keith Van Horn & Grant Hill...

Hell Mutumbo got more votes than Brad Miller and The Big Z.
MajaFiggaz_Early!

Postby Tyus Edney's Agent on Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:47 am

Anyone remember Jerry Stackhouse when he was the leagues leading scorer? Ricky Davis is the same type of player. He just throws shots up and hopes they go in. Once Ricky progresses and puts an effort towards winning instead of scoring 45 then you can include him as an elite player, but until then my friends watch for ricky's solid performances to continue
Tyus Edney's Agent

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball