LEBRON JAMES

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

LEBRON JAMES

Postby Socer38913 on Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:38 pm

Well Lebron James, showed alot tonight and not just that he can score, he finished with 31 points, 13 rebounds , and 6 assists. The things that he needs to improve on are his outside shot and starting the game with intensity. And I hope someone else was laughing hard when after he made 2 threes in a row , he called for the rest of his team to clear out for him and then shot an air ball for 3. Well he will be the no.1 pick from what i saw.
Socer38913

Postby Tyus Edney's Agent on Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:46 pm

He lived up to the hype for sure. He did some things that only seasoned veterans could do. He controlled all the double teams, he has a great sense of vision on the court. He could easily play 4 of the five postions on the floor. He still needs to work in his jumpers but in time he could be a hell of a player in the L.
Tyus Edney's Agent

Postby :digerati: on Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:35 pm

Don't forget. He was playing against high schoolers.
:digerati:

Postby unstoppable on Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:30 pm

Ah, yeh i think we noticed that, LOL
unstoppable

Postby Nick on Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:46 pm

Anybody got a link to the boxscore?
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby air gordon on Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:12 pm

wow. now they are showing high school games on national TV (besides the Mcdonald's all star game). this youngster's life will never be the same. i hope he can live up to the current and future hype.

wuts next? a national televised game of a can't miss prospect playing in a grade school game?
air gordon

Postby Rens on Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:34 pm

unstoppable wrote:Ah, yeh i think we noticed that, LOL

I doubt you have or you would moderate your views on him. :roll:
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby unstoppable on Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:14 pm

Ah, i don't have to moderate my views; my original views on Lebron James were all with the highschool opposition taken into account. Ask anyone who knows anything, they will say that Lebron is either better than Bryant and McGrady at age 17, or equal.
unstoppable

Postby Boyk on Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:09 am

HE CAN FLAT OUT PLAY!!
hes awesome
but there is sumfin i have been thinkin of
hes what 6'8 and a half atm right??
hes only 17 and still has a few years to grow, what if this kid gows to 6'10,6'11??
he woould be the most scariest player
he could play any position on the court and hes be like garnett, but better which is scary
just think about it
a 6'11 guy in the backcourt or or at the forward using his quickness to be beat the other guys and a 6'10 6'11 guy flyin high
damn this guy is awesome
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Wall St. Peon on Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:34 am

Of course, the majority of the players in that high school game are going to be going to college or the pros within a few years, so really, it was more like a college game than a high school game, and it seemed that way from what little of the game I saw.
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby bishibashiboy on Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:32 am

does anybody but me think this guy is getting WAY too much praise that's undeserved for a person that has accomplished absolutely nothing?

i know ppl will probably call me a hater and since i did NOT watch the game either..i have not seem him first hand but even if i did..who cares?..i don't care if he made Oak Hill look like garbage..until he plays against players that are on his own level he will look like a superstar.

i don't doubt he's good..i just don't know if he's as good as the hype surrounding him...shouldn't ppl be more objective of him until they've seen him play against real competition (nba)??
bishibashiboy

Postby Rens on Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:37 am

didn't he play great in that practice with the Cavs though?
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

overrated...

Postby needles on Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:41 am

i am so sick of hearing about lebron james. i'm sure he will have a good career in the nba but how could he possibly get this much attention from playing with high school kids? its really quite ridiculous. furthermore, it seems as if no one is stopping to analyize his game from a pro point of view except charlie rosen (www.espn.com/page2). i'm glad this guy pointed out that james has zero D skills yet and also no jumper. in addition, he's got an ego the size of mars (not that its all his fault with the hype around him). i thought the yao ming crap was annoying, by the time the season starts next year i'm gonna be praying for him to get injured or something.

he plays against HIGH SCHOOL KIDS! i don't care HOW good they are, the pros will eat him up...and after all this hype they will be gunnin to shut him down...james is gonna have a tough season mark my words.
needles

Postby scubilete on Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:57 am

does anybody but me think this guy is getting WAY too much praise that's undeserved for a person that has accomplished absolutely nothing?

That would be me. You know, I always think those guys is better to let them grow as players bfore you can make them feel better than anyone, that way, you and himself will see how good he is in long term. I don't know a lot about Kobe bfore getting in the NBA, but I've seen reports that he used to play against guys from the French League when he was there, so I think Kobe was already Warmed up when came and show the NBA what he could do. However, I'm not saying this kid isn't good, I just hope he keeps doing his best and gets to the top of his level, that way he can earn his merits not just because one great game.
scubilete

Postby f.t.w. on Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:01 pm

you guys are freakin crazy! At work today, I was working the fryer and Felipe Lopez was flipping burgers across from me. And Felipe says this kid can FLAT OUT PLAY.
f.t.w.

Postby unstoppable on Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:54 pm

All you whiners are freakin jealous...Lebron James getting extreme hype isn't a crime and its not hurting anyone, so wtf are you complaining? If Lebron is being hailed everywhere he goes its because people LIKE him or like his GAME. Its all deserved because the people want to hear about Lebron James. If you don't wanna hear it then freakin switch off the tv.
unstoppable

Postby GloveGuy on Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:26 pm

Anyone who's said to be better than Kobe and T-Mac were in highschool deserves this large of hype. Anyone who is 235 lbs, 6'8" and has the dribbling skills of a point guard deserves this hype. He won't become a star overnight once he reaches the L but he will become a star. He could be great. Especially if he still has developing to do.
GloveGuy

Postby unstoppable on Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:30 pm

Exactly Jenny..ahh...gloveguy..
unstoppable

Postby bishibashiboy on Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:24 pm

unstoppable wrote:All you whiners are freakin jealous...Lebron James getting extreme hype isn't a crime and its not hurting anyone, so wtf are you complaining?

why would i be jealous of him?..if i were jealous of somebody..i'd be jealous of Mj..arguably the greatest player ever who has actually accomplished something in a real league..not some kid that's got an ego getting bigger by the moment..so don't tell me i'm jealous of him..i have bigger and more accomplished people to be jealous of.. :P
and no his hype isn't a crime and it sure as hell isn't hurting me..but can't i voice my displeasure with the hype and say that i find it annoying??..especially when I believe that it's not deserved..hype is not a good thing..hype builds something up to unimaginable heights that very rarely get fulfilled..there's two sides to every story..and i think people need to realize that.
unstoppable wrote:If you don't wanna hear it then freakin switch off the tv.

i switch off my tv..and go on the net..to try to read a/b NBA ball..and all i see is lebron everywhere...which makes me ask..why??..so he dominates high school players...SO WHAT?..i don't care a/b high school ball..it's a different level.
unstoppable wrote:Its all deserved because the people want to hear about Lebron James.

i don't think it's deserved...do i really need 10 articles of him saying the same thing over and over about how great he will be and how good he looked kicking high school players?

gloveguy wrote:Anyone who's said to be better than Kobe and T-Mac were in highschool deserves this large of hype.

even if he IS ahead of kobe and t-mac at this time when they were in high school..does that mean he will BECOME as good as kobe and t-mac are now eventually?..does that mean that he will surpass them??..for all you ppl know he might be worse than them but still a good player (jamal mashburn..baron davis..michael finley...etc.) so why so much hype about hypotheticals?..hypothetically many things can happen...........
bishibashiboy

Postby GloveGuy on Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:26 am

even if he IS ahead of kobe and t-mac at this time when they were in high school..does that mean he will BECOME as good as kobe and t-mac are now eventually?..does that mean that he will surpass them??..for all you ppl know he might be worse than them but still a good player (jamal mashburn..baron davis..michael finley...etc.) so why so much hype about hypotheticals?..hypothetically many things can happen...........

It means he has the potential to probably be better then them, if not equal.
GloveGuy

Postby bishibashiboy on Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:59 am

gloveguy wrote:

It means he has the potential to probably be better then them, if not equal.

bleh..potential...upside..haha..sounds a lot like hubie brown =)
anyways..lots of players have potential (Stromile Swift..Pau Gasol..Kareem Rush..Kwame Brown..etc)..but whether or not they reach it is a whole other thing..Lebron hasnt' shown anything yet..whether it be work ethic or defensive toughness..or even the way he interacts with refs..he could be the next Rasheed Wallace for all you know..
my point is that he MAY have the potential to be great..but why put him on such a high pedestal already?
bishibashiboy

Postby :digerati: on Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:26 am

Because Michael Jordan is retiring again.

Speaking of Stromile Swift, he's playing really good this year. Seems to be working hard on the defensive end. If he was playing Gasol's minutes he'd have 14pts, 9rebs, 1.75steals and 3blocks.
:digerati:

Postby Clinton on Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:28 am

Stro is a beast!!!
Clinton

Postby JHova on Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:50 am

I watched the game, twice, and to be honest with you he's good, but I don't think he fits all of the hype he gets. That's not his fault though.
JHova

Postby mkool8 on Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:53 am

He should at least go to a year of college. If he's really that good, then he's got nothing to lose by playing college hoops. In fact, if he dominates the college level then I'll be one converted non believer.
mkool8

Postby Clinton on Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:07 pm

He does fit all the hype and he isn't going to college. You'll be seeing him in the NBA next year. We'll see how he likes it with the big boys. :D Anyone see the interview on ESPN with Jerome Williams?? He was talking some trash, warning James. :lol:
Clinton

Postby toni kukoc on Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:17 pm

i agree with needles this guy is gettting way to much hype. this is only high school if it was college that would be different. some people are taking this out of proportion. i dont see him surving in nba with all those pros for god sakes he is playing high school hoops he has a lot to learn before he can play in nba exacly what the espn guy said.
toni kukoc

RE

Postby JOSEPATCHES on Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:47 pm

If he was playing Gasol's minutes he'd have 14pts, 9rebs, 1.75steals and 3blocks.

But Gasol is better than him and that´s the reason because they are Gasol´s minutes
JOSEPATCHES

Return to NBA & Basketball