Kobe the TRIPLE-DOUBLE MAN!

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Kobe the TRIPLE-DOUBLE MAN!

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:51 pm

Yo wassup?!

Any of you kobe-haters out there? Well eat this. Kobe's had 4 triple-doubles so far this season and a hell lot of double-doubles (11?) and trust me more will come! (Not sure bout trustin me but Kobe beating everyone else is a guarantee!)

Kobe will get more than 4 triple-doubles by the end of the season and if not his performances will help lift the Lakers to FOUR-PEAT!!

Anyway... Does Kobe has a nickname yet?? Cause I reackon K8 is a great nickname for him. (K for Kobe and 8 for jersey number!)

What do u think??
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby air gordon on Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:45 pm

i think being referred to his first name is sufficient. a lot of the nba's greatest can be recognized just by saying their first name- wilt, isiah, larry, etc.

speaking of player nicknames, currently there aren't that many that are good IMO. this latest trend of combining the player's first name and last name is ok, but not really original- like T MAC, KG, K-MART, C-WEBB, etc.. these are okay but are they really nicknames? seems like a more convenient way to refer to a player to me

whatever happened to nicknames based on a player's game, style, and/or mannerisms? like walt 'clyde' frazier, allen 'the answer' iverson, john 'spider' salley, 'pistol' pete maravich. those were really cool
air gordon

Postby Chris Ma on Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:27 pm

limpdilznik wrote:whatever happened to nicknames based on a player's game, style, and/or mannerisms? like walt 'clyde' frazier, allen 'the answer' iverson, john 'spider' salley, 'pistol' pete maravich. those were really cool

and u forgot Michael 'Air" Jordan and 'Magic' Johnson
Chris Ma

Postby air gordon on Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:43 am

mahokee- i'm not going to sit here and mention all of the cool nicknames in nba history. :lol:
air gordon

Postby bishibashiboy on Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:42 am

hmm...as much as i like kobe..and even though he has the lead right now..i don't think he will lead the league in triple doubles.
i put my money either on Kidd or Garnett
bishibashiboy

Postby :digerati: on Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:07 pm

Yes! Another Kobe thread! I have a great nickname for him. "Steak", Kobe "Steak" Bryant. YEAH!
:digerati:

Postby raptor15 on Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:46 pm

Good one X. I like it!
raptor15

Postby Poollit on Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:48 pm

Yes! Another Kobe thread! I have a great nickname for him. "Steak", Kobe "Steak" Bryant. YEAH!

lol, I like that one, it's so obvious, but none ever says that, ha!

hey will, he has a nickname, sort of---some poeple call him yes wit the "K" and "8", just add the "B"

KB8, i don't know, that's what I've heard on TV, and that's how I refer to him. Also i remember reading on NBA.com-----> King Kobe.
They should call him showbie like somepoeple called him on this board
along time. :roll:
Poollit

Return to NBA & Basketball