Classic NBA Video and Discussion Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Classic NBA Video and Discussion Thread

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:49 am

Hi all,

I thought it would be cool to have a thread for videos and discussion of the classic NBA.

Let's start this off with Vince Carters 50 point game against Iversons 76ers in the 2001 ECSF. He hits 8 threes in the first half here, thought for sure he would set a record that couldn't be caught with that pace. Hell of a game by Vince.

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Classic NBA Video and Discussion Thread

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:59 am

Good idea to have a topic for some retro talk from time to time. (Y)

There are quite a few YouTube channels posting old games, highlights, and in some cases, a few rarities. You can even find old episodes of NBA Action, with Jim Fagan!

phpBB [video]

Speaking of the channel that's from, In All Airness, Adam's got a great podcast as well.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:59 pm

For me, classic is the late 60s & 70s...

IMO, still the greatest playoff game in NBA history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V79dfs_1sFo
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:33 am

Andrew... how awesome is that? They should bring that show back... with the same voice... gets me really pumped up.

Jeffx, "Classic" as in past NBA. I could have said "Retro", wasn't sure which word to use. I consider classic as happenings in the NBA that are not recent.

But yes, that game was amazing. I've watched it a few times on youtube.

How about Jordan's 50 point timeline? Maybe the best video I have ever seen.

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 am

NBA Action is still running, but it hasn't been the same without Jim Fagan (who sadly passed away earlier this year). I guess it's also become a bit redundant with up-to-the-minute news and highlights online. Back in the 90s though, that was how you caught up on news and highlights, especially if you lived outside the US. Good times!

I'll have to sit down and enjoy that video when I get a moment. (Y)
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:03 pm

That opening is bizarre. Hogan, Flair, Savage, Rock, Austin...and Miz.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:13 am

Grant Hill, he could literally do it all. Might have the quickest first step as a SF in NBA History.

phpBB [video]

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 am

That Pistons jersey. Suits the era of no success pretty well.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 am

Yeah, they never were able to put in super successful seasons. Hills last two years before injury they made the playoffs, but were dispatched in the first round.

They never really had good teams, however adding Stackhouse made them more formidable in the late 90's.

Hills injury happened when he was 27, just about the enter his prime, it's sad really.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:11 am

I still like that Pistons jersey and logo. The teal admittedly is a strange choice, but the blue and red version of the "horsepower logo" looked pretty good. They could've run with that a little longer.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:49 am

Jordan pours in 51 on the Hornets at age 38.

phpBB [video]

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 am

Posted on the official NBA channel in honour of Shawn Kemp's birthday. Can't go wrong with some Reignman highlights.

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball