2017-18 Daily Discussion

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Nba opening night

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:36 am

See, my friend dee? Is that "WIN NOW" such an important topic that you wanted to expand on? That is extreme obsession that nobody in their right mind do not want to deal with.

When the Heat's big 3 were first assembled, they were in WIN NOW mode. Cavs upon LBJ return, same thing. KG's Celtics as well. We can go over and over but this is a moot point really, don't you think? WHO DA FUQ REALLY CARES ABOUT WIN NOW MODE RELATIVELY IS THAT WE NEED 100s POSTS TO DEFINE WHAT IT EXACTLY REALLY IS. Now GTFO seriously. :shake:

Dee4Three wrote:
NovU wrote:I said they can contend this year,

Exactly, my friend.
Last edited by NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:38 am

NovU wrote:See, my friend dee? Is that "WIN NOW" such an important topic that you wanted to expand on? That is extreme obsession that nobody in their right mind do not want to deal with.

When the Heat's big 3 were first assembled, they were in WIN NOW mode. Cavs upon LBJ return, same thing. KG's Celtics as well. We can go over and over but this is a moot point really, don't you think? Now GTFO seriously. :shake:

Dee4Three wrote:
NovU wrote:I said they can contend this year,

Exactly, my friend.

You said I changed my stance, and I didn't.. so that is a lie my friend.

And thanks for the examples and expanding, well done. I see where you were going with that now. I don't agree with the term used in this case, but nice job expanding a bit more.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:04 am

Ouch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:19 am

Certainly doesn't take the Internet long.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Westbrook already averaging a triple-double again this season :wink:
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Shocking turnovers though.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:08 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Shocking turnovers though.

How are you nigga? Missed you :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:37 pm

No you didn't. I'm disgusted with your avatar, that man is dead, taken by the devil.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:52 am

Nah man, he followed his heart to defeat the true evil that is LeBron James. Don't hate the hard road and its travelers.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Re: 2017-18 Daily Discussion

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:58 am

Might as well make this the daily discussion topic for the 2018 season. (Y)

Wizards/76ers was a fun one the other day. I liked what I saw of Simmons. His shooting touch is a bit shaky, but with his length and athleticism he can get to the rim and he's not bad finishing there. Obviously very early days, but I'd pick him as the frontrunner for Rookie of the Year. Talent is definitely there; he'd have easily taken the award last year, had he not been injured.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:48 am

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby air gordon on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:42 pm

Reminds me of when yao Ming came into the league and players were trying to dunk on him or cross him up

Lucky for Ball there are more defensive sieves like the suns than defensive studs in Beverley
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby bowdown on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 am

The Greek Freak is tossing salads left and right. Looking to be a clear MVP candidate for the season.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Ben Simmons joins Oscar Robertson and Hambone Williams in terms of being the quickest to earn their first triple-double. Also the first Aussie to do so in the NBA.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Ben Simmons is having a decent start to his NBA career. He got a triple-double against the Pistons today in only his fourth game.

phpBB [video]
My Stories
Phil89

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Simmons reminds me of those MyPlayers that are made with 7'0 height with ball handling of 90+.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:56 pm

He doesn't have the cheesy shooting abilities yet, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Good company.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:48 pm

I'm just glad that he's back healthy and playing basketball. The fact that he's living up to all the hype is a cool bonus.

Future MVP if he can develop a reliable outside shot.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby air gordon on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:15 am

happy for the suns to get 2 wins since the watson firing. they are out of the tank zone with the bulls and knicks now leading the way.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:26 am

Andrew wrote:Good company.

[ Image ]

I was considering betting on him for ROY when I was in Vegas last month. Just wound up picking him in our fantasy basketball league
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bowdown on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Blake Griffin with the buzzer beating game winner on the Blazers. A slow grind out game but an exciting finish.
bowdown

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:41 am

Great to see the C's win with defense last night. Jaylen struggled from the floor, and Tatum didn't get the ball much. Semi on Giannis in the second half was awesome to watch, he kept shutting him off, even making him put up an airball. Giannis had 8 points at the very end of the game in garbage time, he should have ended the game with just 20 and only a couple points in the second half.

Rozier and Smart also started slow. But both got it going in the second half at one point. One thing that bugs me about Marcus Smart is how long he holds onto the ball... he literally will act like hes directing traffic at the top of the key for a solid 12-15 seconds, and either pass it at the end of the shot clock where someone has to take a tough shot, or take a tough shot himself (Usually popping a contested 3). Granted, he hit a couple... but I don't like that offense. Meanwhile, he could have been running pick n rolls, or atleast be getting the ball to Tatum (who was on the floor with him the whole time basically) coming off screens.

Irving and Horford looked great together. Good chemistry, even an out of bounds play at the end of the 3rd with an alley oop to Horford from irving from under the basket (With 0.5 seconds on the clock). Horford is straight up scary if he's hitting three's like he is, he even hit one off balance at the end of the shot clock. Horford basically controlled the game offensively and defensively. Irving looked more comfortable, people have to realize that he is getting doubled a lot more in Boston. In the second half, he was doubled almost every time he touched the ball. Because of his ball handling, he was able to spin out of several of the double teams and find his teammates. Irving hasn't looked selfish at all to me this season, he always has his head up looking for someone. Scoring 24 with being doubled that much is pretty impressive.

Getting Baynes was genius. He impacts the game on both ends of the floor, he's a bully inside and it's great. He's like Kendrick Perkins with a nice mid range shot (When Perkins was younger). He's not afraid to go up on multiple defenders for a poster (Tried it twice last game). He's wide, so in the pick n roll game he is helpful even if he isn't scoring, because he's getting the guard (Like Rozier last night) a good look at the hoop.

I like games like this, because it was on the road and the players who were previously having stud games (Like Brown and Tatum) weren't involved as much. It was a grind it out game against a decent team.

In regards to the Clippers game... Blake Griffin is playing at an MVP level right now. I have caught 3 of the Clippers games via league pass, he is so confident. This is the best I have ever seen him play. In the past, we have had explosive Griffin with a questionable outside game, and a Griffin that has lost his explosiveness but with a better outside game. This year, he is both. It's only 4 games in, I just hope he stays healthy and can continue it. I think the Clippers are better this year because of the addition of Gallo, Beverley, Lou Williams, and Milos (When he comes back). Austin Rivers is underrated in my opinion as well. Deandre Jordan is averaging 18 rpg.

Heartbreaker for the Blazers though.... McCollum and Lillard had help in this one from Aminu and Nurkic, it just wasn't enough. Over the last few years I have seen the Blazers lose so many close games.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:48 am

demarcus cousins is a beast. nelson was a great signing by the pelicans
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:10 am

Nelson was a great pickup. At 35 (turning 36 in February) he still plays the same as his younger years. I wonder what will happen to him when Rondo comes back, he deserves to be out on the floor a good amount if he keeps playing like this.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball