Cavs' Dominance Could Be In Peril

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Cavs' Dominance Could Be In Peril

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:46 am

After all, James Jones has retired to take a front office position with the Suns, and he was the constant figure in LeBron making it to the Finals seven straight years. Coincidence?

More seriously though, it sounds like the talks about LeBron skipping town are heating up. He's reportedly unhappy with the dismissal of David Griffin, and apparently feels like the Cavs aren't in a position to get better. Obviously, that's not too much of a problem in the East - at least for now - but it does make it tougher to contend with whomever is coming out of the West, which of course is most likely the Warriors for the foreseeable future.

To add further fuel to the fire, though it's admittedly just conjecture: LeBron James' agent reportedly contacts Lakers' GM Rob Pelinka, 'Let's talk'

For his part, Jalen Rose says LeBron is as good as gone.

phpBB [video]

Of course, Jalen's record with bold predictions might be almost as bad as mine. Flash back to 2008...

phpBB [video]

Ask Knicks fans how that prediction turned out.

I guess with LeBron, you never know for sure. Back in 2014, I figured he wouldn't return to Cleveland so soon (if ever), but he obviously did. I also remember thinking that, in anticlimactic fashion, he'd end up staying with the Cavs in 2010, when he made his first Decision. With that in mind though, perhaps the lesson here is that when there's smoke, there's fire; when there's talk of LeBron leaving, it's going to happen in all likelihood. Still, he wouldn't be the first superstar to express frustration with the front office, only to smooth things over and stick around. Kobe demanded a trade in 2007 but ended up sticking it out with the Lakers, and he wasn't fresh off of his seventh straight Finals appearance, as LeBron is.

Obviously, he can't just up and leave right now, but he can opt out next offseason, so perhaps the pressure is on the Cavs to stack the deck even more this season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Cavs' Dominance Could Be In Peril

Postby NovU on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:33 am

Join the Celtics or Lakers. Lets go.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Jackal on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 am

Andrew wrote:To add further fuel to the fire, though it's admittedly just conjecture: LeBron James' agent reportedly contacts Lakers' GM Rob Pelinka, 'Let's talk'

Sensationalist journalism. Rich Paul did reach out to the Lakers. To discuss the KCP one year deal.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/rich- ... rs-on-kcp/

Not interested in a year full of Lebron's drama.

One of the comments in the Yahoo articles sums it up well:

The Lakers just signed another player who has the same agent as Lebron (KCP). The agent didn't reach out to discuss Lebron, it was the other player. The only reach here is the writer's desire for click bait.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:55 am

I surmise the first of many stories speculating he "may" leave

Let the watch begin!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:16 am

hahahahaha now Kyrie is requesting a trade hahahahhahhahahha

My brother summed it up for me.

But it's also Dan Gilbert's fault for just being a shit owner, really.

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Decision 3.0 incoming.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 pm

If Cavs don't do something major this offseason, LeBron is probably going to leave next year.
Wolfy03

Postby Sauru on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:52 am

lebron will be a laker next season. paul george better enjoy his stay in OKC because LA is not in his future now
Sauru

Return to NBA & Basketball