Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Moz The Boz on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Thibs did not live up to the hype on his first year with the team ending up in the lottery again but he started his 2nd tenure with a blockbuster trade that may place them in the would be bottom tier playoff-bound teams conversation. Their capspace became smaller though with around 17m after they added Butler. They badly need to improve their bench and sign some shooters after they dealt their only prominent one (which is Lavine). I don't know if Butler will mesh nicely with Wiggins since they're both ball dominant wings. On the other hand, KAT will be the ideal pick n pop/roll guy for Butler.

So stop moping around Bulls fans. What do you think should Thibs do this offseason? Should they trade Rubio for capspace so that they can sign a Kyle Lowry or a Jrue Holiday? Should he get a well known assistant coach since he still tends to fuck up his rotations from time to time? Should he be the bridge for KG to have his love back to the Wolves organization? Should he sign Taj Gibson, DRose, and trade for Joakim Noah so that they can acquire more Bulls fans who will bandwagon the team?
Image
Nationwide is on your side...
User avatar
Moz The Boz
They asked for LOWRY but they gave them LAURI...
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Superunknown

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby mp3 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 am

I know the Bulls are getting alot of heat for this trade but Jimmy was as good as gone and although he acted professionally about the matter his head wasn't really in Chi-town so getting Zach and Dunn back is a nice package for the future, in fact I think Lavine is ready to blow up now.
User avatar
mp3
 
Posts: 4447
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:45 am

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby air gordon on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:07 am

Moz The Boz wrote:Thibs did not live up to the hype on his first year with the team ending up in the lottery again but he started his 2nd tenure with a blockbuster trade that may place them in the would be bottom tier playoff-bound teams conversation. Their capspace became smaller though with around 17m after they added Butler. They badly need to improve their bench and sign some shooters after they dealt their only prominent one (which is Lavine). I don't know if Butler will mesh nicely with Wiggins since they're both ball dominant wings. On the other hand, KAT will be the ideal pick n pop/roll guy for Butler.

So stop moping around Bulls fans. What do you think should Thibs do this offseason? Should they trade Rubio for capspace so that they can sign a Kyle Lowry or a Jrue Holiday? Should he get a well known assistant coach since he still tends to fuck up his rotations from time to time? Should he be the bridge for KG to have his love back to the Wolves organization? Should he sign Taj Gibson, DRose, and trade for Joakim Noah so that they can acquire more Bulls fans who will bandwagon the team?

Good thread idea
I say clear out as much cap now, including Rubio. Get some shooting and a cheap pf alternative. Sorry for us that's not going to be taj

Go all in on George hill. He would be a great fit for this team
Fire GarPax
User avatar
air gordon
 
Posts: 7042
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:06 pm
Location: windy city

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Moz The Boz on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:08 pm

air gordon wrote:I say clear out as much cap now, including Rubio. Get some shooting and a cheap pf alternative. Sorry for us that's not going to be taj

Go all in on George hill. He would be a great fit for this team

I thought they still have Adreian Payne but found out he's a free agent. He kinda remind me of Taj. He's on his third year but I reckon he's still under utilized. Perhaps re--sign him and hire somebody who can develop him. Another one in my mind that would be a great pick up is JaMychal Green. Big body who is a spacing friendly player. Yeh forgot about George Hll. Patty Mills would be good as well. Butler will demand the ball a lot they need a playmaker who can play off-ball offense. Apparently, Butler is on a mission for them to land Lowry.
Image
Nationwide is on your side...
User avatar
Moz The Boz
They asked for LOWRY but they gave them LAURI...
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Superunknown

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Green would be good. I wonder if Memphis would let him go

I like that bejilica kid as a sleeper also. I hope he can earn thibs trust for some consistent minutes at pf

That would be something if thibs and Butler can get Lowry to Minny
Fire GarPax
User avatar
air gordon
 
Posts: 7042
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:06 pm
Location: windy city

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Butler will demand the ball a lot

Except he doesn't.
He still thrived as a third option behind Rose and Gasol and also behind Wade who was trying to relive his glory years.
He likely knows he's in KAT's team and would defer to him. Only ballhog in the team is Wiggins.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer
 
Posts: 22608
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Moz The Boz on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:46 pm

air gordon wrote:I like that bejilica kid as a sleeper also. I hope he can earn thibs trust for some consistent minutes at pf

He better step-up his defense or else he'll just be another Boozer/Mirotic aka the guy Thibs doesn't play in the 4th quarter.

shadowgrin wrote:He still thrived as a third option behind Rose and Gasol and also behind Wade who was trying to relive his glory years.
He likely knows he's in KAT's team and would defer to him. Only ballhog in the team is Wiggins.

Not entirely true. His stats might say that he indeed thrive but then again Rose is sitting most of the games on those years. Gasol on the other hand, get's his shots mostly from pick and pops and kickout plays through the ballhandlers and Wade, well he's the one who's behind Butler on the pecking order.

Jimmy mostly gets his points on ISOs, post ups, and pick plays. You may say that he has a midrange game but he's still not that of a threat as a shooter. I would love to see him and KAT gels like he did with Gasol but I'm worried that KAT might yield just like on those times that Lavine is dominating the ball earlier last season.
Image
Nationwide is on your side...
User avatar
Moz The Boz
They asked for LOWRY but they gave them LAURI...
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Superunknown

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:41 am

Wade, well he's the one who's behind Butler on the pecking order.

Tell that to Wade who jacked more shots at a rate greater than Butler despite playing less minutes.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer
 
Posts: 22608
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:28 am

Yeah, true. Bejilica should d up. Gotta let that flower grow

Behind the 3pt line for sure not a big threat. Though IIRC jimmy buckets was amongst the best in points per possession ISO scoring. With Rubio around (for now) maybe we'll see the off ball movement butler used to thrive in his earlier years. Miss those gasol to butler lobs
Fire GarPax
User avatar
air gordon
 
Posts: 7042
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:06 pm
Location: windy city

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:49 am

I kinda wish the Bulls did what the Boston Shitics did with Pierce in the past. Sit healthy Pierce out and tank for the season.


LoL @ Bulls fans turning into Minny fans for Jimmy. Kinda like me Heat to Bulls for Wade. :lol:
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Image
Enjoy! <3 Jao
User avatar
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?
 
Posts: 10785
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:50 pm

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Moz The Boz on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 am

shadowgrin wrote:Tell that to Wade who jacked more shots at a rate greater than Butler despite playing less minutes.

There you go...

air gordon wrote:With Rubio around (for now) maybe we'll see the off ball movement butler used to thrive in his earlier years. Miss those gasol to butler lobs

Good thing that KAT is a decent passer only problem is those set plays are from Hoiberg although Butler may suggest to include it on Thibs' playset.

NovU wrote:I kinda wish the Bulls did what the Boston Shitics did with Pierce in the past. Sit healthy Pierce out and tank for the season.

They can do it now with Wade because the Reinsdorfs will not gonna buy him out.

LoL @ Bulls fans turning into Minny fans for Jimmy. Kinda like me Heat to Bulls for Wade. :lol:

Actually, It has more to do with Thibs to me although I've been following the TWolves sporadically for quite sometime now eversince they got Rubio (yeh I'm one of those who's fond by his flashy plays). If the Bulls is my Carmella Soprano, the Wolves is that whore I'm sleeping with from time to time.
Image
Nationwide is on your side...
User avatar
Moz The Boz
They asked for LOWRY but they gave them LAURI...
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Superunknown

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:53 pm

nice soprano reference there.

been a great offseason so far for Thibs. if it is indeed Teague being signed instead of Lowry, there's a little disappointment there but Teagaue is still a good signing. Is younger and can play off the ball.
Fire GarPax
User avatar
air gordon
 
Posts: 7042
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:06 pm
Location: windy city

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Moz The Boz on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:53 pm

And it's now official
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Teague and Minnesota agreed to a three-year, $57 million deal while ESPN's Jeff Goodman added the third year is a player option.

They still have $11m to spend for someone who can lead their bench although there are reports that they're having a meeting with Millsap and I don't know how can they acquire him. Will they ship Dieng?
Image
Nationwide is on your side...
User avatar
Moz The Boz
They asked for LOWRY but they gave them LAURI...
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Superunknown

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Moz The Boz on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:55 am

air gordon wrote:Yeah, true. Bejilica should d up. Gotta let that flower grow

And now that Taj is on board, who is a Thibs favorite, I don't know if he'll be in the rotation. Unless, if Thibs is planning to play Taj as a back-up C for Dieng/KAT.

Millsap going to Minny is now off the table as well...
Image
Nationwide is on your side...
User avatar
Moz The Boz
They asked for LOWRY but they gave them LAURI...
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Superunknown

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby air gordon on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Heck yeah. Another good move by thibs. I'll be preordering my Gibson twolves jersey
Fire GarPax
User avatar
air gordon
 
Posts: 7042
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:06 pm
Location: windy city

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Moz The Boz on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Thibs seems like starting to shape up his bench

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1992 ... 96424234=1
Jamal Crawford has agreed to sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves after he clears waivers on Monday, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

The deal is for two years and $9 million and includes a second-year player option, sources said.
Image
Nationwide is on your side...
User avatar
Moz The Boz
They asked for LOWRY but they gave them LAURI...
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm
Location: Superunknown

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby air gordon on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:49 am

OMG a dream come true. I am 100% on the twolves bandwagon. May have to bring back Crawford4mip4real

And this is a good signing too lol

Thibs has had a good off season but until this acquisition he was forgetting about outside shooting
Fire GarPax
User avatar
air gordon
 
Posts: 7042
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:06 pm
Location: windy city

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:19 am

Too bad he couldn't have had the dual role in Chicago, hey.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator
 
Posts: 100600
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia


Return to NBA & Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests