2017 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 3

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Warriors in 4 (16-0)
No votes
Warriors in 5
4%
Warriors in 6
24%
Warriors in 7
No votes
Cavs in 4
No votes
Cavs in 5
No votes
Cavs in 6
4%
Cavs in 7 (3-0 lead blown this time?)
12%
Kyrie discusses flat earth, vaccines and frogs on the Alex Jones podcast
8%
Refs you suck!
4%
The NBA is a sad joke
16%
FUCK KD
12%
FUCK LEBRON - he's not even top 20 tbh
4%
FUCK THE CELTICS
No votes
FUCK KOBE
4%
FUCK
8%

Total votes : 25

2017 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 3

Postby Lamrock on Fri May 26, 2017 12:35 pm

[flash=][/flash]GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (67-15, 12-0) vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (51-31, 12-1)

The 2015 and 2016 champions will meet each other in the Finals for the third straight year, and honestly, this thread could have been made in November. Despite Cleveland coasting in the second half of the season, these two teams were clearly the league's best by far. While injuries robbed us of a potentially good 5 or 6 game GS/SA series, we all knew this was inevitable.

And maybe that's for the best. The two best teams in the NBA, and the league's only current legit rivalry (in my opinion), we have one of the most stacked teams ever assembled taking on a team completely built around a player working on his case for GOAT status. For the most part, everybody is healthy - in 2015, LeBron and Irving were hurt, while in 2016, Bogut went down, Curry was hobbled and Green kept going off his meds. No excuses this year (yeah, that'll happen).

So yeah, maybe we'll get a great Finals series, and forget what a joke the rounds leading up to it were. I've gone back and forth on this - the Warriors seem pretty unbeatable, and haven't lost without their starting lineup since like February. However, the legend of the TNT Bulls died in this post-season, and the memory of the 3-1 lead blown is still etched in my mind. I think the Cavs win it in 7, with KD having a bad shooting night and being subject to a summer of countless hot takes and "hardest path" jokes.
Lamrock

Re: 2017 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 3

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Warriors in 6.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Fri May 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Warriors in 5 if Irving goes down. If not, Cavs in 6.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Fri May 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Warriors in 5. Thrilling.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri May 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Cavs in 1-3 :cheeky:
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby air gordon on Fri May 26, 2017 2:17 pm

i'll go with the warriors. last year's Cavs game plan of ignoring Barnes on defense won't fly this series with KD now filling that role. The Cavs have been trotting out the Love-James combo frontcourt lately. i'm curious to see if Lue continues to roll with it, specifically against the death lineup. Love playing his best ball. i'm not cheering for him but i'd like to see this guy believe in himself and for his teammates to believe in him in the 2nd half of ball games

last year, the refs really let the Cavs be physical with W's backcourt. no penalties for the vast amount of holding and checking off the ball. this could play a big factor again

Warriors in 6

thanks for another year of awesome series previews, lamrock
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Fri May 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Hmm, I dunno, I tihnk the Cavs take it again. Not sure if the extra offense from KD will really help them much over last year's performance.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Fri May 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Warriors in 6, even though I was tempted to go Warriors in 5 since it's pretty much last years' team + Durant and a productive Javale.

The "The NBA is a sad joke" option was tempting though. I'm gonna make sure to stream these finals instead of watching them on TV in order to not give the NBA the ratings. This is bullshit and I want real fucking basketball.
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby NovU on Fri May 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Voted "FUCK LEBRON - he's not even top 20 tbh".

In all seriousness, I don't think the Cavs can afford two off-nights from LBJ. Or the series will be over quickly. He'll need to be at least average good for the Cavs to stay in the game on every night.

Warriors in 6.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Fri May 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Brave Sir Rubin wrote:The "The NBA is a sad joke" option was tempting though. I'm gonna make sure to stream these finals instead of watching them on TV in order to not give the NBA the ratings. This is bullshit and I want real fucking basketball.

I normally don't go for the joke options - even though I really like Lamrock's work in that regard - but on this occasion, that's what I cast my vote for. Obviously not everyone shares the same opinion and more power to anyone who's really enjoyed this season and Playoffs, but I've definitely felt disconnected and disillusioned with the NBA this year, so a bit of a snarky grumbling by way of that poll option felt cathartic. :lol:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri May 26, 2017 6:25 pm

This is like watching John Cena getting pushed for a World title for the 999th time. I want something new. I know the league is rigged, chose two fresh teams next year.
Joke aside, Warriors in 5.
I Hate Mondays

Postby air gordon on Fri May 26, 2017 11:04 pm

[Q] wrote:Hmm, I dunno, I tihnk the Cavs take it again. Not sure if the extra offense from KD will really help them much over last year's performance.

dont hate lol

who is going to guard KD this series if it's not james? i think the love-james combo is great on offense but for this series who will guard love?

Andrew- i hope this is something we dont have to get used it. there seems to be a growing sentiment of teams scared of the finals teams so they are playing the waiting game (which i am 100% against).

novu- just let that flower grow. you're not helping ;)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 pm

It makes you wonder how patient they'll be. I don't see the Cavs or Warriors dropping off anytime soon; can't waste too much of players' primes on waiting for that to happen.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 pm

not exactly a proper barometer, but consider the celtics fans on this forum are a consensus ok with playing the waiting game.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri May 26, 2017 11:35 pm

Fuck KD. Fuck the Warriors. Fuck Curry for stealing Harden's 2015 MVP

Cavs in 6
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby bowdown on Fri May 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Hoping for Cavs win because I really like Lebron and want him to become the GOAT.

He is the perfect superstar player and a great teammate unlike Jordan and Kobe.
bowdown

Postby Axel The Great on Sat May 27, 2017 12:32 am

I hope to see the first 0-3 series comeback in NBA history. The Warriors deserve to go down like that. :D
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby JaoSming on Sat May 27, 2017 1:16 am

Ws in 6, but I believe in that damn toaster so maybe sweep-time?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kenny on Sat May 27, 2017 1:27 am

Don't believe in this prediction, but Cavs in 4. I kind of like the narrative that LeBron is a championship roadblock for KD. A sweep would be ultra satisfying too.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat May 27, 2017 4:57 am

Warriors will probably win in 5 or 6, but I'm going with the series that I would like to see on this one. Warriors are obviously the better team but.... it would be amazing seeing social media blow up if the Cavs did win especially with the addition of KD.

Cavs in 7
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Sauru on Sat May 27, 2017 8:39 pm

i am looking for the option "thank god for steam so i dont have to waste my time on these finals" option

since its not there i am going warriors in 6 thanks to the nba forcing the refs to drag it out
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat May 27, 2017 9:09 pm

I was reading that the fewer amount of games this postseason might lead to a smaller salary cap this offseason than originally projected...so yeah, good luck to teams who want to try to stock up and compete with the Cavs and Warriors, whose core are already locked up for years thanks to the big rise in the cap last year.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat May 27, 2017 9:20 pm

the nba is in a great spot. no longer do we have to waste time discussing who will be in the finals year after year. we can now focus on the important stuff like how many balls will draymond kick this season. will kelly olynyk finally give kevin love his arm back. why is chris paul considered good if we judge players based on rings and finals appearances. who is going to spray paint their head next? why didnt bird do magic a solid and trade george for a second round pick.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat May 27, 2017 9:25 pm

We no longer have to think for ourselves either, as there's only one "correct" line of thinking, and everything else is "hating". Besides, it's all a moot point once Lonzo Ball hits the league next season, and averages a quintuple-double while leading the Lakers to an 82-0 record and the championship (sweeping through the Playoffs), as LaVar Ball becomes richer than everyone else on the Forbes list combined.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sun May 28, 2017 1:04 am

Andrew wrote:We no longer have to think for ourselves either, as there's only one "correct" line of thinking, and everything else is "hating". Besides, it's all a moot point once Lonzo Ball hits the league next season, and averages a quintuple-double while leading the Lakers to an 82-0 record and the championship (sweeping through the Playoffs), as LaVar Ball becomes richer than everyone else on the Forbes list combined.

at that point suicide is my only option
Sauru

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball