Chris Paul to the Spurs?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Chris Paul to the Spurs?

Postby Andrew on Thu May 25, 2017 3:33 am

Report: ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Chris Paul, Spurs

Paul, 32, could sign a five-year super max extension with the Clippers worth roughly $205 million during the offseason.

Should the extension talks turn sour, however, CP3 might give the Spurs a serious look. ESPN’s Zach Lowe, on a podcast this week, suggested that there is “mutual interest” between the parties.

Notably, Patty Mills is a free agent, and Tony Parker has one year left on his contract. Even in their 30s, a healthy one-two punch of CP3 and Parker at point guard would be pretty impressive...though there's still the question of what they do with their frontcourt. Gasol can opt out, but Aldridge is signed through next season, with an option the Summer after.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Chris Paul to the Spurs?

Postby [Q] on Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 am

I think cp3 is still the best traditional pg in the league, so that would be a big boost to the spurs lineup. It can be Hornets 2.0 pick and pop with aldridge like how him and David West used to do.

Hate to see him leave LA, but he's not going to win it here with this lineup so I just want to see him win one somewhere
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 am

I think he'll stay with the Clippers, but I'd love this. Would potentially give us a third super team (and maybe Boston will cash in its treasure chest of assets to become the fourth), and it would be interesting to see how he and Pop get along.
Lamrock

Postby buzzy on Thu May 25, 2017 6:00 am

I doubt Pau opts out so they'd have to find takers for him and Green to have the cap room.
Or Parker instead of Green, but the Spurs trading Tony in the last year of his contract would feel very odd.

Paul was lobbying for this super max, so I think he'll stay
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Unless the Clips can add another good player I think he'll leave, he's probably tired of Doc Rivers' faking to be a good coach with that ubuntu crap.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:14 pm

In millions of years I thought I was never gonna say this but seeing shadowgrin made my day. lol, welcome back bud

shadowgrin wrote:Unless the Clips can add another good player I think he'll leave, he's probably tired of Doc Rivers' faking to be a good coach with that ubuntu crap.

He should try the Lakers the very next door team just to screw Ballmer a Mark Cuban wannabee. Can't stand him...
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:30 am

phpBB [video]
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA & Basketball