Bosh to reportedly leave Heat, possibly join Lakers

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Bosh to reportedly leave Heat, possibly join Lakers

Postby Andrew on Thu May 25, 2017 12:40 am

Though nothing yet official, Bosh agrees to amicable parting with Heat

Chris Bosh has told family members that an agreement has been struck among the NBA, the Heat, the union and himself for Bosh to part ways with the Heat at some point in the coming weeks, with the Heat receiving maximum cap relief, an NBA-employed source said in early May and reiterated Tuesday.

The source said in early May that Bosh had reached a unique agreement that would purge him from the Heat’s cap before the start of free agency but also give him the opportunity to play again, if he chose, without salary-cap consequences for the Heat.

Contacted May 5, the league office and the players union denied that such an agreement was in place.

But the source who’s associated with an NBA team reiterated on that day, and again on Tuesday, that Bosh has told people a verbal agreement is in place and he’s happy with the outcome. The agreement has reached the highest level of the league’s office, according to the source.

There have been discussions about Bosh’s departure being termed a “medical retirement,” but that is not definite. And Bosh has by no means ruled out playing again. The Lakers would be a natural possibility; Bosh spends his offseasons in Los Angeles and the Lakers’ general manager, Rob Pelinka, is Bosh’s former agent.

But Bosh remains on blood thinners and it’s unclear if any team would clear him for a return.

Seems like the best solution for all concerned, though hopefully Bosh is going to exercise caution and listen to his doctors in regards to any plans to play again. That may be a long shot, and very risky.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Bosh to reportedly leave Heat, possibly join Lakers

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 25, 2017 12:44 am

I actually like Chris Bosh, and I hope he has success wherever he ends up. Most importantly, I hope he gets and stays healthy.

I feel like he has a lot of basketball left in him, I am a fan of his game. I also like the way he conducts himself as a professional, he's a class act.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 25, 2017 1:06 am

I feel he was a bit underrated, or at least underappreciated, on those Heat championship teams.

It'd be a shame to see him not be able to end his career on his terms, but given his condition, I really hope he does listen to the counsel of his doctors and doesn't take a dangerous risk in trying to play if it's really not advisable. It sounds pretty serious, and the last thing we want to see is a tragedy out there on the court, a player passing away before the age of 35.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Thu May 25, 2017 3:33 am

Hang it up Bosh, basketball isn't worth your life man. Enjoy that Miami weather and those fine ass nights on Ocean Drive.

Sidenote: Tiring to hear every player supposedly linked to the Lakers. This team should consist of Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, DeMar Derozan & Russell Westbrook by now.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Thu May 25, 2017 3:34 am

And DeMarcus Cousins, at one point.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Thu May 25, 2017 11:21 am

must be close to the offseason when we get to talk about the entire NBA possibly joining the lakers.
Sauru

Postby NovU on Thu May 25, 2017 9:15 pm

So Bosh will struggle to have medical clearance to play again in this league.

I'd scratch him off as a retired player. Even he earns minutes ever again, it's likely he won't be an impact player.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 26, 2017 4:11 am

NovU wrote:So Bosh will struggle to have medical clearance to play again in this league.

I'd scratch him off as a retired player. Even he earns minutes ever again, it's likely he won't be an impact player.

Chris Bosh would enter the season 33 years old if he has medical clearance. Whenever he is on the court, he is an impact player. His game translates really well to his mid to late 30's. (Much like Tim Duncan's did) and to compare lesser of a player, David West. I think Bosh, if healthy at 33 years old and cleared to play, could be a solid contributor on any team in the league.

He doesn't get enough credit for his line of work in his career in general.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri May 26, 2017 4:24 am

You and I literally have different views on impact player. And that he needs to be on blood thinner med for rest of his career... yikes!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 26, 2017 4:26 am

NovU wrote:You and I literally have different views on impact player. And that he needs to be on blood thinner med for rest of his career... yikes!

We don't know what that means for him as a player, if he can log decent minutes and be healthy while on the court, he absolutely would be an impact player.

Just like he was a major impact player with the Heat and Raptors, his skills translate very well into his 30's.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri May 26, 2017 4:32 am

Define decent minutes and kind of impact, realistically.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 26, 2017 4:46 am

NovU wrote:Define decent minutes and kind of impact, realistically.

Bosh spreads the floor for any offense, because he can hit from mid range at a steady clip (he also has 3 point range now), and runs the floor well. He is also a solid rebounder, and a good passer out of the high/low post, and he has shown a high basketball IQ.

I think he could still be a double figures scorer, with solid rebound numbers in his return. Minutes wise, if he could give a team 22-26 a game, that would be good.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri May 26, 2017 5:14 am

Not realistic as of speaking tho. Being on blood thinner meds, he'll have hard time getting medical clearance so they say.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 26, 2017 5:15 am

You said

I am saying that if he earns minutes again, he will be an impact player. Earning minutes means he will be healthy enough to be on the floor.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri May 26, 2017 5:16 am

Dee4Three wrote:
NovU wrote:You and I literally have different views on impact player. And that he needs to be on blood thinner med for rest of his career... yikes!

We don't know what that means for him as a player, if he can log decent minutes and be healthy while on the court, he absolutely would be an impact player.

Just like he was a major impact player with the Heat and Raptors, his skills translate very well into his 30's.

I suggest doing a search on professional athletes on blood thinner. Very small sample size. The odds against him being cleared by medical doctor are very high
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 26, 2017 5:20 am

air gordon wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

I suggest doing a search on professional athletes on blood thinner. Very small sample size. The odds against him being cleared by medical doctor are very high

Oh that's fine, in that case. He should retire, I never said that.

I said if he was cleared to play, and was on the floor healthy for any period of time. I never argued about his condition.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel on Tue May 30, 2017 5:12 am

Actually the Lakers connection sounds about right. Bosh would likely play a few games and then proceed to miss the rest of the season.
Axel

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 am

I see him as the perfect fit for Randle's mentor position. Something in Randle's game reminds me of Bosh.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Tue May 30, 2017 9:24 am

Perhaps some kind of player-coach role, if he can get clearance?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:28 am

There goes his chances of returning.

Chris Bosh's NBA career has likely come to an end after a medical review confirmed the 11-time All-Star has a career-ending illness.

Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported a medical review from the NBA and NBPA "agreed with the Miami Heat's position that [Bosh] has suffered a career-ending illness."

He's had a great career. Best of luck to him.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:56 am

Not altogether surprising, but certainly unfortunate. Can't see him getting clearance from anyone to play, so perhaps he'll be joining the analysts at TNT sooner rather than later.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:55 pm

I was hoping we'd see him playing in controlled minutes and role. Too bad oldies are going disappeared quick one way or the other. More reasons to feel old. Miss Toronto Bosh and Carter days. Suddenly makes me remember Damon Stoudamire as well for some weird fucking reasons.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Hall of Famer.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby NovU on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Where would you guys approximately rank him? As a raptor, there was a period he was phenomenal. Was it a thing of being on a crappy team his stats were blown up kinda like Shareef?

To keep the discussion simple and nice. Whom would you choose between Bosh and these powerfowards? Not a career comparison but at peak of their game, who was better?
1) Webber vs Bosh
2) Shareef Abdul-Raheem vs Bosh
3) Carlos Boozer vs Bosh
4) Shawn Kemp vs Bosh
5) Horace Grant vs Bosh
6) Dale Davis vs Bosh
7) Rasheed Wallace vs Bosh : TIE
8) Jermaine O'neal vs Bosh
9) Amare Stoudemire vs Bosh

My picks are in bold.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:39 am

1) Webber vs Bosh
2) Shareef Abdul-Raheem vs Bosh
3) Carlos Boozer vs Bosh
4) Shawn Kemp vs Bosh
5) Horace Grant vs Bosh TIE
6) Dale Davis vs Bosh
7) Rasheed Wallace vs Bosh
8) Jermaine O'neal vs Bosh
9) Amare Stoudemire vs Bosh

A couple differences, but mostly the same.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA & Basketball